News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

James Alucobond

The most charitable description I can come up with for the aesthetic of the Hall exterior is “post-apocalyptic.”
I know it's not quite done, but I kind of wish the whole thing had the same finish as the back portion where the actual CommuniCore signage is. I'm not sold on the deconstruction of the facade that occurs toward the front edge with the Mickey & Friends sign.

Bocabear

It makes me not want to care about it enough to even formulate a description... it's just ....meh. Yes the updated landscaping around it looks nice...and it has paint and operational things... The round stage looks weird and the quick serve window looks like anywhere USA.... It's a quick serve window.... Uninspired... but ok.... Maybe in person I will have a different opinion...

Casper Gutman

I know it's not quite done, but I kind of wish the whole thing had the same finish as the back portion where the actual CommuniCore signage is. I'm not sold on the deconstruction of the facade that occurs toward the front edge with the Mickey & Friends sign.
If it was just the fully-formed Spaceship Earth triangles covering the facade, it would simply evoke “cynical exploitation of nostalgia for something we intentionally destroyed,” which is modern Epcot’s dominant mood anyway. The “deterioration” of the pattern is what makes it so gruesome, inescapably evoking decay and rot - and “designer who is way too pleased with their own cleverness.”

Iger better hurry up and build something very substantial in Florida, because right now THIS is the embodiment of his legacy at Walt Disney World.

Disstevefan1

But it's a "Gas station 7 Eleven from the Future"! Or wait, "Gas station 7 Eleven of Nature"! Or is it "Gas station 7 Eleven of Celebration!"?

What random, totally unthemed land are we supposed to be in again?
You’re right we can’t have the word “gas” in the name, being a fossil fuel, that’s offensive now.

How about-

“World Celebration 7?, Yea, 7-Eleven Refreshment Station”

Mickeynerd17

The exterior of “CommuniCore Hall” looks like Spaceship Earth with a terrible skin disease. I find it viscerally repellent. I can’t think of a design choice at a Disney park I’ve ever disliked nearly as much.
It would be just fine if it matched the surrounding architecture.

Unfortunately, it does not, so it's sticking out like a sore thumb. I guarantee people will consider this structure ugly and outdated after 5-10 years.

Sir_Cliff

Then just block them if it bothers you. Someone’s allowed to hate everything about a project if they want to. They only complain about things because they’re fans of it to begin with.
I don't think you're realising that you're defending people who aren't arguing in good faith.

It's entirely possible to join a forum and spam threads with relentlessly negative comments about something of which you're not a fan.

Disney Analyst

I don't think you're realising that you're defending people who aren't arguing in good faith.

It's entirely possible to join a forum and spam threads with relentlessly negative comments about something of which you're not a fan.

Pretty much why I called out the garbage critique. It’s from the usual characters who do not contribute to the boards in good faith, and actually wanting to communicate with the rest of us.

Just relentless trolling, meme posts, rage farming, click-bait nonsense.

wdrive

Why is it not in good faith? Why can’t they dislike things? We all know where the block button is if it bothers you so.

The venom from some users on this forum is uncalled for, people can have their say even if they hate everything. I do feel if a poster were ‘spamming’ the forums about how much they love everything and anything they wouldn’t with met with the same anger.

Last edited:

Incomudro

Why is it not in good faith? Why can’t they dislike things? We all know where the block button is if it bothers you so.

The venom from some users on this forum is uncalled for, people can have their say even if they hate everything. I do feel if a poster were ‘spamming’ the forums about how much they love everything and anything they wouldn’t with met with the same anger.
You're about to get the block button from a bunch of us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom