News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
1. Just a feeling I have, that's all. Being wrong is one of my hobbies BTW.
2. What I mean is, whatever they choose to build or not to build in WDW it does not matter, the MOBS will come in any event.
Ok…but not now

I know there are articles being circulated on the board about there not being another Covid winter happening by 2 experts…
…the problem is the other 4,937 that are certain there will be

Disstevefan1

Ok…but not now

I know there are articles being circulated on the board about there not being another Covid winter happening by 2 experts…
…the problem is the other 4,937 that are certain there will be
My feeling is WDW will be MOBBED in December 2021 regardless of COVID. Folks who want to go will go.
Covid positive data is worthless. Will the hospitals in central Florida be overrun with patients in December 2021 and January 2022? My feeling is no.
I hope I am right, but remember, one of my hobbies is being wrong.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My feeling is WDW will be MOBBED in December 2021 regardless of COVID. Folks who want to go will go.
Covid positive data is worthless. Will the hospitals in central Florida be overrun with patients in December 2021 and January 2022? My feeling is no.
I hope I am right, but remember, one of my hobbies is being wrong.
Wdw is not filled with people from florida…they’re a drop in the bucket.

the rest have a considerable expense/logistics commitment.

“mobbed” doesn’t originate from Tampa.

…am I missing something here? or am I teaching the “intro to Orlando” class again?

Disstevefan1

Wdw is not filled with people from florida…they’re a drop in the bucket.

the rest have a considerable expense/logistics commitment.

“mobbed” doesn’t originate from Tampa.

…am I missing something here? or am I teaching the “intro to Orlando” class again?
Sorry I was not clear.

I am using central Florida’s as the worst case, and I am considering central Florida ground zero for spreader events.

Everywhere in the world will most likely be doing better than central Florida COVID wise and the state will not be shutdown, so folks will come anyway.

I guess this got spun into a COVID discussion?

Anyway, I was just saying, folks will come regardless of COVID or any park improvements at WDW. Look at EPCOT, looks at the WDW RR and Tron. If they worked any slower, they would be working in reverse.

I am having fun with my hobby in any event.

JohnD

I tend to think that, whatever was going to happen with Epcot, the Future World name would have been a goner. The "World" names for the park work fine for me, with the only slight exception being Imagination involving a bit of asymmetry to include it in World Celebration. That's certainly not the most egregious example of awkward exceptions within themed lands within Disney Parks, however.

The interesting thing about this press release for me is how blank the centre of World Celebration still appears. The descriptions of "natural environments", "global design elements", and "ever-changing events in a unique new environment" make me wonder if even Disney knows what they're putting in there beyond a statue of Walt.

I would have shortened it to two. Keep World Showcase, obviously. The other being World Discovery, the former Future World. It fits for the front end of the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry I was not clear.

I am using central Florida’s as the worst case, and I am considering central Florida ground zero for spreader events.

Everywhere in the world will most likely be doing better than central Florida COVID wise and the state will not be shutdown, so folks will come anyway.

I guess this got spun into a COVID discussion?

Anyway, I was just saying, folks will come regardless of COVID or any park improvements at WDW. Look at EPCOT, looks at the WDW RR and Tron. If they worked any slower, they would be working in reverse.

I am having fun with my hobby in any event.
It’s not really a covid thing…

except that If you follow the travel business…covid and the variant in the summer has wrecked the fall/winter bookings.

so “folks will come regardless” is not correct. It will be “light”…all things considered. As it has been for the last 2 months.

JohnD

I was just thinking "World Discovery" fits the entire area of Future World, or at least, what it used to be...

Exactly. What do you now call the front area? “I’m going to non-World Showcase” or “I’m going to World Discovery/Celebration/Nature” (pick one). It’s confusing. “Discovery” encapsulates the whole area.

aliceismad

Quite the hyperbolic language.

"Bridging the past, present and future of EPCOT is a new fountain at the base of Spaceship Earth with three majestic pylons." (i.e., plastic crystal-looking things for a nice but fairly unimpressive fountain)

"Spaceship Earth transforms at night into a Beacon of Magic with new lights shining across the geodesic sphere’s reflective panels.* These lights connect to one another in a symbol of optimism resembling stars in a nighttime sky." (i.e., LED lights stuck to SE)

"they will discover a breathtaking new view of World Showcase from Dreamers Point. World Celebration will also feature a new statue honoring the legacy of the original dreamer, Walt Disney, plus beautiful natural environments and global design elements filled with Disney magic." (i.e., look how magical and natural that giant black metal ring is)

James Alucobond

"Bridging the past, present and future of EPCOT is a new fountain at the base of Spaceship Earth with three majestic pylons." (i.e., plastic crystal-looking things for a nice but fairly unimpressive fountain)

"Spaceship Earth transforms at night into a Beacon of Magic with new lights shining across the geodesic sphere’s reflective panels.* These lights connect to one another in a symbol of optimism resembling stars in a nighttime sky." (i.e., LED lights stuck to SE)

"they will discover a breathtaking new view of World Showcase from Dreamers Point. World Celebration will also feature a new statue honoring the legacy of the original dreamer, Walt Disney, plus beautiful natural environments and global design elements filled with Disney magic." (i.e., look how magical and natural that giant black metal ring is)
Geez, you should probably just find-and-replace “Walt Disney World” with “swampland backfill” and call it a day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

In a word…

🐂
💩

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

That’s all that Disney PR knows how to put out these days. It’s hot garbage.

And the view of WSL is certainly breathtaking… but not in a good way.

aliceismad

Geez, you should probably just find-and-replace “Walt Disney World” with “swampland backfill” and call it a day.
I'm probably as much of a pixie-duster as anyone here, and because I only go occasionally, I'm not super invested in a lot of the nickel-and-diming changes, but I think anyone can see that Disney has been doing a whole lot of splendiforous marketing for relatively small changes.

Disstevefan1

It’s not really a covid thing…

except that If you follow the travel business…covid and the variant in the summer has wrecked the fall/winter bookings.

so “folks will come regardless” is not correct. It will be “light”…all things considered. As it has been for the last 2 months.
I guess we will find out. Let’s see what happens.

Even if the December 2021 WDW will not be as mobbed as the December 2019 WDW, “light” for WDW will be crowded.

I guess, a crowded WDW is better than a mobbed WDW 😀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom