News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

vikescaper

I mean, I could have said crews were going to begin to dismantle the barges starting at 9pm, but no one would believe that. 😀 They would believe that crews were going to begin to dismantle the barges starting at 9pm and Disney would sell tickets starting at $129/each, with preferred seating starting at $159/each and a premium “Dismantle” experience starting at $299/person (tools extra). 😉
Will there be dining packages available?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Will there be dining packages available?
Of course! $199/person for premium viewing locations. $399/person if you want to dine on the barges while they are being dismantled (available for a limited time).

There will be “I Was There!” merchandise, commemorative pins with pieces of the barges and stargate (available 3 months after the event, pre-sale available), and a limited edition (only 500,000 available) barge-shaped popcorn bucket. And of course, barge-shaped dessert tacos.

vikescaper

Of course! $199/person for premium viewing locations. $399/person if you want to dine on the barges while they are being dismantled (available for a limited time).

There will be “I Was There!” merchandise, commemorative pins with pieces of the barges and stargate (available 3 months after the event, pre-sale available), and a limited edition (only 500,000 available) barge-shaped popcorn bucket. And of course, barge-shaped dessert tacos.

Attachments

• 8E762257-798B-439A-9C23-D5B15C92CAB2.jpeg
    8E762257-798B-439A-9C23-D5B15C92CAB2.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 62

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Journey of Storytelling; Journey of the Seas; Journey of the Land; Journey of Imagination; Journey of Driving; Journey of Space; Journey of Play; Journey of the Universe. Think of the synergistic and merchandising opportunities!!!

The Rocketeer

Why did these executives think Journey of Water was the best name to go with when an attraction just a stones throw away also has the word "Journey" in its title and has been there in some form for the past 38 years?

Then again you could ask yourself why when it comes to anything in this lackluster overhaul.

vikescaper

Journey of Storytelling; Journey of the Seas; Journey of the Land; Journey of Imagination; Journey of Driving; Journey of Space; Journey of Play; Journey of the Universe. Think of the synergistic and merchandising opportunities!!!
Will we also have Journey of Creations and Journey of Connections?

nickys

Premium Member

If that’s the price for the barges being dismantled I’ll happily book. 😉

No Name

New signage with pavilion logos

A much welcome improvement aesthetically although I’m interested/confused on other things.

Test Track doesn’t mention its sponsor which is probably meaningless but still interesting. And wouldn’t this sign want to include the ride that opens in a month, which is just as far to the left as Test Track is to the right? And was the old sign located more north than this one? These are more like pondering questions or questions for whoever sees this, I’m not trying to badger you with questions

vikescaper

A much welcome improvement aesthetically although I’m interested/confused on other things.

Test Track doesn’t mention its sponsor which is probably meaningless but still interesting. And wouldn’t this sign want to include the ride that opens in a month, which is just as far to the left as Test Track is to the right? And was the old sign located more north than this one? These are more like pondering questions or questions for whoever sees this, I’m not trying to badger you with questions
I’m guessing that there will be another sign going up on the Connections side of the breezeway.

James Alucobond

I’m guessing that there will be another sign going up on the Connections side of the breezeway.
There are others already staged for installation elsewhere around the area, including ones with red at the bottom for the World Discovery-facing side of the building. As for the lack of Cosmic Rewind, I'm guessing the lettering can easily be removed and replaced? In detailed photos, the shadows being cast make it look like applied acrylic characters are being used or something to that effect. Perhaps someone who's seen it in person has a better sense of the materials used.

Last edited:

No Name

There are others already staged for installation elsewhere around the area, including ones with red at the bottom for the World Discovery-facing side of the building. As for the lack of Cosmic Rewind, I'm guessing the lettering can easily be removed and replaced? In detailed photos, the shadows being cast make it look like applied acrylic characters are being used or something to that effect. Perhaps someone who's seen it in person has a better sense of the materials used.
I figure it’s easy enough to replace but wouldn’t be worth putting up only to change a month later.

I’ve seen more pictures at this point and yeah you’re right, there’ll be a sign right next to it which will include cosmic rewind.

James Alucobond

I’ve seen more pictures at this point and yeah you’re right, there’ll be a sign right next to it which will include cosmic rewind.
Ah, yep. You're right. No need to modify the new ones in a month. Didn't see the additional installation hardware to the left at first glance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom