News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There are rumblings that Bob and Josh are not happy with Epcot's low guest sat numbers as it pertains to the confusing split around the “neighborhoods”. While no final decisions have been made as of yet, the suggestion is to call it “World Journey” now, and rename the pavilions to reflect that. Journey of the Seas, Journey of the Land, Journey of Motion, Journey of Space... you get the idea. But still no refurb for Imagination, sadly.

Communicora

Premium Member
There are rumblings that Bob and Josh are not happy with Epcot's low guest sat numbers as it pertains to the confusing split around the “neighborhoods”. While no final decisions have been made as of yet, the suggestion is to call it “World Journey” now, and rename the pavilions to reflect that. Journey of the Seas, Journey of the Land, Journey of Motion, Journey of Space... you get the idea. But still no refurb for Imagination, sadly.

My question would be why are they so focused on this neighborhood concept? If it isn't scanning for people and doesn't solve a problem, get rid of it.

[Edited to change a confusing word]

Last edited:

vikescaper

Please tell me this is an April Fools joke!

mightynine

Not too shocking, since it was a poor idea in the first place, as there's nothing to really separate the neighborhoods.

The problem they have now is there's no real unifying theme for the front of the park where something would make sense. World Journey IMO doesn't really work either, and possibly having to rename the pavilions is another shoving a square peg into a round hole that the neighborhood idea is.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm not a fan of the neighborhoods and I'm not going to fight for them to stay, but...

It's not that the neighborhoods have been tried and failed, but they haven't even been tried yet.
  • All of World Celebration is SSE and Imagination and, now, and empty Odyssey, and a walled off construction site.
  • All of World Discovery is, for now, just Test Track and Mission:Space.
  • And World Nature is just two other pavilions.
How could guests give any possible positive response to something that isn't complete and can't be experienced?

It doesn't help that the signage and color usage isn't implemented as consistently as it should be to delineate the neighborhoods.

Mid-project turn-arounds are just extra cost. Finish the plan and if it's still confusing (which it will probably still be), then come up with a new over-arching theme.

How much extra GSAT can they get out of a new over-arching retheme?

Sounds more like blaming low GSATs on the ubertheme than other issues...

It's not the ubertheme's fault.

James Alucobond

Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but they really need to move Imagination to the Wonders dome and turn Imagination into something nature-themed to get the neighborhoods to work. They should kill World Celebration completely and split the spine down the middle, with everything east being World Discovery and everything west being World Nature. Spaceship Earth can stand alone along with the rest of the entrance as an EPCOT Plaza or something. Wrap the Dreamers Point gardens into the area too if you want to be able to list a couple of attractions for it.

No Name

My question would be why are they so focused on this neighborhood concept? If it isn't scanning for people and doesn't solve a problem, get rid of it.

[Edited to change a confusing word]
Not too shocking, since it was a poor idea in the first place, as there's nothing to really separate the neighborhoods.

The problem they have now is there's no real unifying theme for the front of the park where something would make sense. World Journey IMO doesn't really work either, and possibly having to rename the pavilions is another shoving a square peg into a round hole that the neighborhood idea is.
I'm not a fan of the neighborhoods and I'm not going to fight for them to stay, but...

It's not that the neighborhoods have been tried and failed, but they haven't even been tried yet.
  • All of World Celebration is SSE and Imagination and, now, and empty Odyssey, and a walled off construction site.
  • All of World Discovery is, for now, just Test Track and Mission:Space.
  • And World Nature is just two other pavilions.
How could guests give any possible positive response to something that isn't complete and can't be experienced?

It doesn't help that the signage and color usage isn't implemented as consistently as it should be to delineate the neighborhoods.

Mid-project turn-arounds are just extra cost. Finish the plan and if it's still confusing (which it will probably still be), then come up with a new over-arching theme.

How much extra GSAT can they get out of a new over-arching retheme?

Sounds more like blaming low GSATs on the ubertheme than other issues...

It's not the ubertheme's fault.

It’s an April fools joke fellas. :rolleyes:

RSoxNo1

I'm honestly not sure if this is an April Fool's joke, but in the event that it isn't, perhaps making the park better would supersede the naming decisions.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I'm honestly not sure if this is an April Fool's joke, but in the event that it isn't, perhaps making the park better would supersede the naming decisions.
If it is an April Fool joke, the premise is: "Disney is *thinking* about how they *might* change course on something because of bad public feedback!!"
  • Like changing course on renaming DHS.
  • Or insiders saying that Enchantment's days are numbered.
  • Or removing Stitch's Great Escape
So, I guess the joke's on us for believing something that is not out of the ordinary at all?

Next year's April Fool joke: "Disney's thinking about raising prices!!"

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The more realistic sounding, the better they are.
Really??

Doesn't the 'fool' part of April Fools indicate that someone is made a fool for believing something *un*realistic?

"Honey, I bought a dozen apples today at the grocer's."
"That's nice, dear, thank-you."
"HA!! It was only *ten* apples... APRIL FOOLS!!!"

NSFW language

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I mean, I could have said crews were going to begin to dismantle the barges starting at 9pm, but no one would believe that. 😀 They would believe that crews were going to begin to dismantle the barges starting at 9pm and Disney would sell tickets starting at $129/each, with preferred seating starting at $159/each and a premium “Dismantle” experience starting at $299/person (tools extra). 😉

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I mean, I could have said crews were going to begin to dismantle the barges starting at 9pm, but no one would believe that. 😀 They would believe that crews were going to begin to dismantle the barges starting at 9pm and Disney would sell tickets starting at $129/each, with preferred seating starting at $159/each and a premium “Dismantle” experience starting at $299/person (tools extra). 😉
When does the web page to buy tickets for this open?!

Mickeynerd17

April 31st
Aaand they'll sell out in 2 seconds.

Also, if you're an Annual Passholder and pay an extra $50, you'll get to purchase tickets 3 seconds earlier than the general public (granted that the Microsoft rejects running the website keep it from crashing).

Oh, and don't forget the ebay resellers selling microscopic pieces from the barges for $1500

No Name

If it is an April Fool joke, the premise is: "Disney is *thinking* about how they *might* change course on something because of bad public feedback!!"
  • Like changing course on renaming DHS.
  • Or insiders saying that Enchantment's days are numbered.
  • Or removing Stitch's Great Escape
So, I guess the joke's on us for believing something that is not out of the ordinary at all?

Next year's April Fool joke: "Disney's thinking about raising prices!!"
Renaming every pavilion “Journey of …” is plenty ridiculous and inspired by recent jokes about naming here. I thought the joke was solid, you seem salty over the fact that you got fooled!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom