News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Fear

The full press release:

• Surrounding this enchanted garden will be new merchandise and dining locations, along with a newly reimagined festival area that will be home to ever-changing events in a unique new environment.

RIP Experimental Prototype Table of Tomorrow

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

1632764305178.gif

britain

Don’t you see, the table would’ve provided excellent cover of the guardians gravity building when walking north from showcase.

Disstevefan1

The full press release:

It’s funny that the colored pic with the neighborhoods shows OLD EPCOT.

I guess they did not want to show today’s EPCOT-

Experimental Prototype Construction-Site Of Tomorrow

CaptainAmerica

I'm just appalled at the grammar of the thing. It's not parallel. In three of the neighborhoods, "world" is a helper word while the second word is the description of the land. In the World Showcase, "world" is the primary descriptor and "showcase" is the helper word.

world DISCOVERY
world CELEBRATION
world NATURE
WORLD showcase

DCBaker

Premium Member

UNCgolf

The full press release:

Hey, they fixed my complaint about Guardians!

Calling it an "other-world" showcase pavilion is much better than an other world showcase pavilion. Putting it in quotes keeps it from sounding like it's going in the World Showcase.

James Alucobond

I'm just appalled at the grammar of the thing. It's not parallel. In three of the neighborhoods, "world" is a helper word while the second word is the description of the land. In the World Showcase, "world" is the primary descriptor and "showcase" is the helper word.

world DISCOVERY
world CELEBRATION
world NATURE
WORLD showcase
It was never terribly grammatically parallel, though. One was a showcase of the world (core noun was showcase) and one was a look into the world of the future (core noun was world).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

world DISCOVERY
world CELEBRATION
world NATURE
WORLD showcase
My grammarianism disagrees. In each case "world" is being used an adjective for its paired noun.

Just like for "world peace" or "world domination."

What kind of peace? World.

What kind of celebration? World.

What kind of showcase? World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom