News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

jt04

Will you just be quiet for once?

i only post in a few threads. And usually just as an alternative to those being cynical for no other reason than to be cynical. The Walt statue, tree, water features etc are brilliantly done.

If people want to offer constructive criticism, which usually is accompanied by a new idea or at least well detailed critiques, I would never make a peep 🐣

Horizons1

i only post in a few threads. And usually just as an alternative to those being cynical for no other reason than to be cynical. The Walt statue, tree, water features etc are brilliantly done.

If people want to offer constructive criticism, which usually is accompanied by a new idea or at least well detailed critiques, I would never make a peep 🐣
The project is horribly misguided and defiles most everything that EPCOT established and stood for. So much constructive criticism is offered, as well as a strong passionate fan base who aren’t easily swayed by Disney’s empty promises and pushy IP. Applauding everything Disney does and says does not make you optimistic, it makes you easily lead astray.

jt04

The project is horribly misguided and defiles most everything that EPCOT established and stood for. So much constructive criticism is offered, as well as a strong passionate fan base who aren’t easily swayed by Disney’s empty promises and pushy IP. Applauding everything Disney does and says does not make you optimistic, it makes you easily lead astray.

Except I don't applaud everything they do. But there are plenty here who find fault in everything. I remember the original spine and they are restoring much of those aesthetics. They are also ridding the plazas of the clutter that was added in the nineties and after.

The only real difference between 1982 and what they are building is the loss of the absurdly overrated and falling apart FoN. That's a win.

The new event center is definitely a step up from the southwest quadrant of communicore. How people can be so attached to the hollowed out structures that resulted in communicore being transformed into the Innoventions misfire is just mindboggling. What a mess the last quarter of a century has been for the center of FW. And if you doubt that, look at how happy people are the canopy is gone. The new entry plaza will get the same reaction.

The cynics have picked the wrong hill to fight on.

IMO.

SplashJacket

Won't the giant beer garden muck up the view?
Only from certain angles. And imo it will add to the view, not detract from it. If the festival center ends up looking like it does in the concept art and the miniature model, I think it will be a beautiful addition to the park’s landscape and sightlines.

Here are some photos. It is a bit west of the actual of the path leading to World Showcase.

1582744089073.png

The most up to date concept we have ^

An old concept art which has lots of differences from the current plan, but shows the elevated structure not being in the center better.
1582744200265.png
It's on the bottom left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom