News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

*Q*

Will the EPCOT symbol which marked the geographical center of WDW back in 1982 survive the spine work?
Pretty sure that was always a myth. WDW has always been too haphazardly shaped to really pin down a precise center, and even if not the true center would be way farther south. Plus that pavement symbol didn’t even exist until 1994.
I hardly think they're gonna rename a construction zone as World Celebration, but we'll see
That part of the park will be named World Construction until 2022.

rocketraccoon

I'm kinda surprised they're demoing the southern side first. Art of Disney is the only thing publicly used on the north side anymore. I guess the stuff they're building to the south does need more time than the northern part.

RSoxNo1

My understanding was that Club Cool is not have it's last day tomorrow, but will be closing later this fall with Fountain View. Can anyone confirm or clarify?

trainplane3

My understanding was that Club Cool is not have it's last day tomorrow, but will be closing later this fall with Fountain View. Can anyone confirm or clarify?
I always thought it was said in the initial press release the last day for those things are tomorrow?

So do you guys know if they already have places planned Mickey and friends from character spot and like the Starbucks? (Just curious since I feel like with the general public they would want that right away as in people use take their family to meet Mickey and friends) and same with Starbucks I feel like a majority of people are always there. And are they gonna have the character spot in the future or are they just gonna place the characters in random areas of the front half of the park?

aladdin2007

I wish they would just put the characters in the Magic Kingdom where they belong... Do you need to meet Mickey Mouse at every one of the parks?

or at least I wish they would go back to having them in the national costumes of the world showcase pavilions, Donald is the only one they do that with anymore. Minnie use to be represent Japan, Mickey Canada and US, Goofy in Norway, ChipnDale in China, etc.....

I wish they would just put the characters in the Magic Kingdom where they belong... Do you need to meet Mickey Mouse at every one of the parks?
Not really but I feel like they do that because not every single person is going to magic kingdom when they come to Disney, some might just got to Epcot or animal kingdom. And if you have a little child they more than likely really want to meet their favorite characters. So if Mickey wasn’t at the park they are going to on their vacation you will have an upset child, I personally agree though I don’t see the need for characters in the park but like for general public I think they do it because not everybody is going to magic kingdom on their trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom