• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

clemmo

I was actually kind of hoping for some news on the drone show/new nighttime show at Epcot sicne that was said to be for 2019. Has that been pushed back?

NoTime42

Advertisement
Hopefully the next Epcot announcement is a new monorail exit ramp into the secure area so monorail guests don't have to keep going through security 2x

Derrit

I was actually kind of hoping for some news on the drone show/new nighttime show at Epcot sicne that was said to be for 2019. Has that been pushed back?
I dont think they would want to announce a show so early. The only show i can think of that was announced years in advanced was Rivers of Light (And that was because it was big news because AK never had a show), dont think they would wanna risk a delay opening again.

trainplane3

Also, @carouselof on twitter is reporting that the Magic Eye theatre is getting torn down? Anyone have any relevant info?
No one here has mentioned that yet. I won't begin the pre-panic process until Martin mentions it. Someone mentioned Figment getting his own film. Could they design a brand new theater from the ground up just for it? I say unlikely. Could they expand the Imagination pavilion? It'd make some sense if they wanted to extend the ride but didn't want to bring back the turntable.

atighe42

No one here has mentioned that yet. I won't begin the pre-panic process until Martin mentions it. Someone mentioned Figment getting his own film. Could they design a brand new theater from the ground up just for it? I say unlikely. Could they expand the Imagination pavilion? It'd make some sense if they wanted to extend the ride but didn't want to bring back the turntable.
I do seem to recall insiders saying that the Tony Baxter led Journey into Imagination 4.0 was planned to possibly extend the ride into the Magic Eye theatre.

NiarrNDisney

I hope they would make a movie starring Figment especially since he gained a new audience with Marvels recent comics about him and Dream Finder. Wouldn't be surprised if left in the hands of Marvel that they would create a great animated film for the theater.

trainplane3

I hope they would make a movie starring Figment especially since he gained a new audience with Marvels recent comics about him and Dream Finder. Wouldn't be surprised if left in the hands of Marvel that they would create a great animated film for the theater.
I'd take that. The comics really are great. But my preferred option is making a true Imagination V1 successor.

Captain Neo

Here is the hi-res image for reference.View attachment 215877
I don't even understand what I'm looking at on the left side of this image. Like I see The Living Seas but it looks like The Land and Imagination are gone and replaced with some island full of vegetation and waterfalls?

Also I wouldn't take this art literally. New Fantasyland went through tons of revisions even after its announcement. I remember when people swore the tea cups were getting a new roof because it was in the concept art and that wasn't the case at all. Expect most everything to stay the same.

Timothy_Q

I don't even understand what I'm looking at on the left side of this image. Like I see The Living Seas but it looks like The Land and Imagination are gone and replaced with some island full of vegetation and waterfalls
The Land is to the left of where this art ends.
Imagination is the dark area on bottom left.

Just use the monorail beam as a guideline to where everything is

clemmo

Here is the hi-res image for reference.View attachment 215877
What is that circle building with water on top of it by the bottom left corner of the monorail track? Looks strange. Also looks like innoventions east would survive and west would go. Of course this seems to be early on in this process who knows when this stuff will actually start.

Top Bottom