News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

trainplane3

Also, @carouselof on twitter is reporting that the Magic Eye theatre is getting torn down? Anyone have any relevant info?
No one here has mentioned that yet. I won't begin the pre-panic process until Martin mentions it. Someone mentioned Figment getting his own film. Could they design a brand new theater from the ground up just for it? I say unlikely. Could they expand the Imagination pavilion? It'd make some sense if they wanted to extend the ride but didn't want to bring back the turntable.

Haymarket2008

No one here has mentioned that yet. I won't begin the pre-panic process until Martin mentions it. Someone mentioned Figment getting his own film. Could they design a brand new theater from the ground up just for it? I say unlikely. Could they expand the Imagination pavilion? It'd make some sense if they wanted to extend the ride but didn't want to bring back the turntable.

I do seem to recall insiders saying that the Tony Baxter led Journey into Imagination 4.0 was planned to possibly extend the ride into the Magic Eye theatre.

NiarrNDisney

I hope they would make a movie starring Figment especially since he gained a new audience with Marvels recent comics about him and Dream Finder. Wouldn't be surprised if left in the hands of Marvel that they would create a great animated film for the theater.

trainplane3

I hope they would make a movie starring Figment especially since he gained a new audience with Marvels recent comics about him and Dream Finder. Wouldn't be surprised if left in the hands of Marvel that they would create a great animated film for the theater.
I'd take that. The comics really are great. But my preferred option is making a true Imagination V1 successor.

Captain Neo

Here is the hi-res image for reference.View attachment 215877

I don't even understand what I'm looking at on the left side of this image. Like I see The Living Seas but it looks like The Land and Imagination are gone and replaced with some island full of vegetation and waterfalls?

Also I wouldn't take this art literally. New Fantasyland went through tons of revisions even after its announcement. I remember when people swore the tea cups were getting a new roof because it was in the concept art and that wasn't the case at all. Expect most everything to stay the same.

Timothy_Q

I don't even understand what I'm looking at on the left side of this image. Like I see The Living Seas but it looks like The Land and Imagination are gone and replaced with some island full of vegetation and waterfalls

The Land is to the left of where this art ends.
Imagination is the dark area on bottom left.

Just use the monorail beam as a guideline to where everything is

BlindChow

DE0g0LNUwAAua-a.jpg
DE0gzjzUQAErL3U.jpg
Looks like the Fountain of Nations is still there in the concept art. Didn't realize it was so small...

MerlinTheGoat

Is this person typically reliable?
I'd have to say no, at least not consistently. He accurately reported some of the information on improvements to Carousel of Progress last year (he may be a cast member there). But he has also been wrong about many other things.

He claimed Tomorrowland was being renamed Discoverland and that Stitch's Great Escape already being dismantled to be replaced (this was last year, it did close but it wasn't dismantled). He also said GOTG was off the table for Epcot and was instead being considered to replace RnRC at DHS. It is however entirely possible that this was actually the plan at the time. Prior to D23, GOTG had been rumored for a number of locations for the past few years including even GMR.

I stopped keeping up with his posts since the lapse in accuracy, so I don't know what other rumors he posted since fall 2016. He has an account on this forum called @Carousel Of Progress Love by the way. Not too many posts.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom