Big changes coming to Annual Passes

Texas84

After reading this I finally had to open the Passholder box. I've been using my runDisney band all year. Orange MB and green slider, Halloween colors. Nice.

Is this yellow discount card really necessary? No one has ever asked to see it. I just show my pass.

rucifee

They come as car magnets now.

Mine actually just peeled off of the magnet backing lol

They never sent us one, and when we called guest services about it they told us to go to guest services in the parks and they would be happy to give us one. So, we did that and at guest services in the parks we were told they are only given out in the Mickey Monitor and they didn't know why they told us to go to guest services to get one. We waited 30 minutes in a guest services line to learn that too, thanks Disney!

This is a typical CM interaction though, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing and they don't care either.

Mickey Monitor came a while later, and still no AP magnet. That's ok though, after we were all told that we aren't important to TWDC and we don't spend enough money to be worthy and that they have to raise prices because their cancerous pass holders are taking up all that space and not spending enough money, I wouldn't advertise for them if they paid me.

I also stopped spending $200+ a week in the parks, and instead eat before I reach their property, and I shop at the discount outlets. I hope other Annual Passholders do the same.

Before the Guest Relations and apologists tell me that they won't even notice and that you're vacation is going to be better without me, I already know they won't even notice so don't waste your time. :cool:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Brilliant Disney just Brilliant, Tell your most enthusiastic customers that they are no longer welcome in your establishment. No perhaps they don't spend as much PER VISIT and they dilute the magical PRGS. For at least one customer you have kissed off $5,200 in spending.

I guess WDW has enough money that they don't need their best customers anymore. Till the next downturn and the locals will be at UNI instead who welcomes them AND their money. Business 101 it's difficult to get back a customer who is dissatisfied with their treatment.

At the office I'm changing ISP's because the 'Business' support policy even for those with a dedicated line (not cable or DSL) is 8-5 M-F, After having our support call for a circuit down dropped automatically at 5 PM one day I'll give those thousands to a competitor who values my business.

Disney's locals and AP's are likely to do the same.

NearTheEars

They never sent us one, and when we called guest services about it they told us to go to guest services in the parks and they would be happy to give us one. So, we did that and at guest services in the parks we were told they are only given out in the Mickey Monitor and they didn't know why they told us to go to guest services to get one. We waited 30 minutes in a guest services line to learn that too, thanks Disney!

This is a typical CM interaction though, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing and they don't care either.

Mickey Monitor came a while later, and still no AP magnet. That's ok though, after we were all told that we aren't important to TWDC and we don't spend enough money to be worthy and that they have to raise prices because their cancerous pass holders are taking up all that space and not spending enough money, I wouldn't advertise for them if they paid me.

I also stopped spending $200+ a week in the parks, and instead eat before I reach their property, and I shop at the discount outlets. I hope other Annual Passholders do the same.

Before the Guest Relations and apologists tell me that they won't even notice and that you're vacation is going to be better without me, I already know they won't even notice so don't waste your time. :cool:

We've been eating off property (usually on 192 between hopping) and buying merch at the outlets since day 1.

I assume we're part of the problem.

We used to barely ever spend any money in the park over the first few years. More recently we've picked up a QS or TS meal here and there.

Now we mostly just come in, do our three FP+, watch a parade or show and head home. Found the short visits to be quite pleasant.

ratherbeinwdw

Has anyone bought an annual pass that wasn't a renewal and gotten your ap box with the band, slider and card? They are telling me that I can't order the new magic band and slider until I turn in the voucher or enter the park for the first time. That just doesn't sound right. When I used to buy an ap, I got my box before I went.

ABQ

Has anyone bought an annual pass that wasn't a renewal and gotten your ap box with the band, slider and card? They are telling me that I can't order the new magic band and slider until I turn in the voucher or enter the park for the first time. That just doesn't sound right. When I used to buy an ap, I got my box before I went.
My last AP expired last December. I purchased a new one this past March, got my green voucher card in the mail in April. Received a new band with a slider (which I never plan to use) around June, I think. The new AP has not been activated as I haven't crossed through a gate yet. But yes, I did get the band and slider.

ratherbeinwdw

My last AP expired last December. I purchased a new one this past March, got my green voucher card in the mail in April. Received a new band with a slider (which I never plan to use) around June, I think. The new AP has not been activated as I haven't crossed through a gate yet. But yes, I did get the band and slider.
Thanks. That was how it was for us before this year. I was on the phone for 45 minutes with two different departments. It was the AP people who said I wouldn't get one until I turned in the voucher. I don't know who to call now. Both of the cm's I talked to asked their managers and the last one told me she was only relaying info from the manager. She didn't know the answer.

GymLeaderPhil

Thanks. That was how it was for us before this year. I was on the phone for 45 minutes with two different departments. It was the AP people who said I wouldn't get one until I turned in the voucher. I don't know who to call now. Both of the cm's I talked to asked their managers and the last one told me she was only relaying info from the manager. She didn't know the answer.
New Annual Passes have to be activated in-person at the ticket windows for the Passholder MagicBand customization/order to show up online.

Tony the Tigger

We've been eating off property (usually on 192 between hopping) and buying merch at the outlets since day 1.

I assume we're part of the problem.

We used to barely ever spend any money in the park over the first few years. More recently we've picked up a QS or TS meal here and there.

Now we mostly just come in, do our three FP+, watch a parade or show and head home. Found the short visits to be quite pleasant.

I think you alluded to a potential issue they may not have considered – the fact that people often do start out on the low-end, and eventually grow into more spending habits.

For example, I started out with the three day Fla pass the first few times we went. We always stayed off property, we would typically get a quick service meal and have our big meal off property. Thank yo for example, I started out with the three day Fla pass the first few times we went. We always stayed off property, we would typically get a quick service meal and have our big meals off property.

As we explored more and realized how good the table service restaurants were, we started to spend more money there. Then we started staying on property, and occasionally going for the very high-end restaurants.

Then we started getting the low-end annual passes. Because of that, we are not clogging up the lines for attractions. We go to wherever the line is short for the most part, knowing we can do something else next time.

Maybe they should focus more on that growth rather than trying to eliminate or limit pass holders and demotivate them.

DisneyFans4Life

I think you alluded to a potential issue they may not have considered – the fact that people often do start out on the low-end, and eventually grow into more spending habits.

For example, I started out with the three day Fla pass the first few times we went. We always stayed off property, we would typically get a quick service meal and have our big meal off property. Thank yo for example, I started out with the three day Fla pass the first few times we went. We always stayed off property, we would typically get a quick service meal and have our big meals off property.

As we explored more and realized how good the table service restaurants were, we started to spend more money there. Then we started staying on property, and occasionally going for the very high-end restaurants.

Then we started getting the low-end annual passes. Because of that, we are not clogging up the lines for attractions. We go to wherever the line is short for the most part, knowing we can do something else next time.

Maybe they should focus more on that growth rather than trying to eliminate or limit pass holders and demotivate them.
I have to agree with you here as my wife and I were the same way. It first started with the seasonal pass, then it grew to the premium pass. At first we would go for the day only and if we stayed overnight, we stayed off property. Now we're going more frequently, always eating on property with at least one TS meal and if we stay, we're staying on property. Not to mention that each time we go we always ending up buying some kind of souvenir.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

I got one in 2015, I wish you could have Disney NOT produce them if you already have one, The volume of eWaste generated by the sheer number of these things is staggering

MissM

We renewed in August. Couple days ago a new magnet showed up in the mail:

20151016_154103.jpg

20151016_154129.jpg

Ironically, they came in my husband's name. Even though I'm the primary on the account and he doesn't even have a MDE account or anything.

**Stacy**

When I renewed my AP at guest services I did not get a new band and one was not offered, I just continued to use the one I had from the year before. I did receive 2 car magnets 2 years ago, but not after my most recent renewal , one came in an envelope and the other in a Mickey Monitor..and put one on my car and saved the other on the fridge..the second eventually made it to the car..both of them cracked and peeled in the rain and sun.

As far as being local/AP, the survey takers always wanted to talk to me as an AP holder from Massachusetts(10+ years ago) but were not interested in talking to me as a local AP holder(the last 10 years)..they do ask 'where?" so I am not sure how far out I would have to live to be interesting to Disney..but Polk county wasn't interesting enough.

I will eventually go back to the parks, but right now the value isn't there for me. The more difficult they make it for me to do anything (eat, go on a ride, move around), the less time I spend at the parks. I am gluten free and have had reactions at QS locations in the past even after talking to managers and going through the gluten free hullabaloo. It got to the point where I was going after lunch and waking a few laps around whatever park I landed at that day leaving after 2-3 hours and grabbing dinner on the way home. I can drive a mile from my house and walk around a lake for laps, I like people watching at Disney but I can people watch at Legoland for $99 a year..and get some good laps there with some hilly climbs for the glutes.

babyboy443

Hi everyone! I have a question. If it has been asked or explained already, I apologize. I have a FL Resident Seasonal Pass right now that expires in Dec. I'm using the payment plan. Can I renew my pass like I have been doing the past 2 years? Or do I have to pay down payment and stuff like that? I'm just confused lol! Any help would be great :)

JohnD

Hi everyone! I have a question. If it has been asked or explained already, I apologize. I have a FL Resident Seasonal Pass right now that expires in Dec. I'm using the payment plan. Can I renew my pass like I have been doing the past 2 years? Or do I have to pay down payment and stuff like that? I'm just confused lol! Any help would be great :)

You get to renew at one of the new tiers. The closest for you is Silver.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom