Big Brother 16

COrunner

Today we just got the cast announcement!! Check it out:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/cast/
No diversion from the curretnsteriotypical cast it seems, but still seems like an ok mix.

Definitely the stereotypical BB casting except it seems like they are more young this year than in the past. Might be just me though.

People have pointed out that every year I say 'Just one episode and it will all be the same...' then I get sucked in all season.

I would really like to see BB, survivor and the amazing race get out of this safe casting rut and really mix things up, have more minorities, nationalities, etc. I'd love it if they did an international BB but have it be all new cast members.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Definitely the stereotypical BB casting except it seems like they are more young this year than in the past. Might be just me though.

People have pointed out that every year I say 'Just one episode and it will all be the same...' then I get sucked in all season.

I would really like to see BB, survivor and the amazing race get out of this safe casting rut and really mix things up, have more minorities, nationalities, etc. I'd love it if they did an international BB but have it be all new cast members.
Yah, the young "popular" people, and then the people with weird physical characteristics. Also, they are definately more younger I think as well.

Yah, i agree that they should try something new with casting. It just might surprise them/us

COrunner

If they don't they may as well go the Real World/Road Rules Challenge route and just reuse cast every season at this point.

Or they could just bring back road rules, that show was awesome.

BuddyThomas

As a gay man, I have a very big problem with the fact that every damned season, they cast the "token gay" as a total flaming queen. I watched the cast interviews on the CBS website and this year, the gay guy is more flaming than ever. Total stereotype that will reinforce everything that straight people think about gays. I personally don't know anyone like that. Just once, can they cast a masculine gay dude? They exist.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
As a gay man, I have a very big problem with the fact that every damned season, they cast the "token gay" as a total flaming queen. I watched the cast interviews on the CBS website and this year, the gay guy is more flaming than ever. Total stereotype that will reinforce everything that straight people think about gays. I personally don't know anyone like that. Just once, can they cast a masculine gay dude? They exist.
Yeah, it gets old.

This was the token gay guy on the first season of Big Brother Canada.
Gary:
image.jpg

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
First of all, everyone! Tonight is the first of our 2 night premier!! Wooo!!

Next, a video was released giving a teaser at the first HoH comp, and there were only 8 competeing....What are these twists?! My guess is that they are teams, each competeing for their own HoH, each nominates 2 (making for the 4 nominies) and the other HoH can also be nominee. Then, at the battle of the block, it is a team comp that decides which HoH's nominees stay....'few.

Anyone else see Wil Heuser's BB15 the saga?! Its pretty funny, and excited that he will be doing it again this year!!

Well, I guess now at this point I have nothing to do but wait..."Tick, tock, tick, tock"
tumblr_inline_n00o2sqkGx1qks8rn.gif

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My middle brother is having a nervous breakdown (today is his anniversary and his wife just asked for a divorce three weeks ago) so he called me up last night inviting himself to dinner.

Eeeeerrrrrhhhh - abrupt change of plans.

So now, Bro #1 is coming over too. We're going to get subs, watch Big Brother and generally distract him. I also told Bro #3 he had to stop by too.

And then tomorrow, my regular BB buddy/BFF is coming over and we will watch it again.
And why can't BFF join us tonight, you ask? Because she is Bro #2's soon to be ex-wife. (She's also my Disney travelling companion for November's trip.)

Let me tell you, things were much easier when my mom was alive to deal with her crazy sons.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
My middle brother is having a nervous breakdown (today is his anniversary and his wife just asked for a divorce three weeks ago) so he called me up last night inviting himself to dinner.

Eeeeerrrrrhhhh - abrupt change of plans.

So now, Bro #1 is coming over too. We're going to get subs, watch Big Brother and generally distract him. I also told Bro #3 he had to stop by too.

And then tomorrow, my regular BB buddy/BFF is coming over and we will watch it again.
And why can't BFF join us tonight, you ask? Because she is Bro #2's soon to be ex-wife. (She's also my Disney travelling companion for November's trip.)

Let me tell you, things were much easier when my mom was alive to deal with her crazy sons.
Whoa---you have a lot going on.

Well, good luck!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I can't believe I'm the first to comment, more than 12 hours later.
Really hard to do a full assessment with only 1/2 the house.

So far, I really like: Cody, Amber, Devin and Donnie.
Do not like Frankie and Paola.
Not sure about Nicole and Joey.

I hope this season is not taking a page from the Big Brother Canada book, and piling gimmick after gimmick on us. Twists are fine. Even manipulative twists are okay - especially when they save my boy, Jeff. But they have to be used sparingly and strategically.

seahawk7

I used to follow Morty's, but switched to Joker's Updates a few seasons ago.
If you've never tried Joker's, give it a whirl this year and let me know what you think.

Between Morty's and Joker's, I didn't even bother getting the live feeds last year. I probably will this year though, because I always let my brother use my account. Being newly separated, he's going to have a lot more time on his hands this summer.
Joker's! thank you! I couldn't remember the name of that website. I also follow on Morty's. This is an awesome thread. I love Big Brother - such a guilty pleasure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom