Big Brother 16

seahawk7

Im just sitting in my apartment eating some cheese and bread. Sounds like a crazy day for me;)

And lol I was just thinking earlier what if they had like a big brother or survivor or even amazing race like game show in Disney world?! That would be so fun:D
I think Amazing Race is best suited for that idea don't you think? For Survivor, where would they build the competitions? And BB, how would they incorporate Disney World if they are supposed to be shut off from the world?

seahawk7

I can't believe I'm the first to comment, more than 12 hours later.
Really hard to do a full assessment with only 1/2 the house.

So far, I really like: Cody, Amber, Devin and Donnie.
Do not like Frankie and Paola.
Not sure about Nicole and Joey.

I hope this season is not taking a page from the Big Brother Canada book, and piling gimmick after gimmick on us. Twists are fine. Even manipulative twists are okay - especially when they save my boy, Jeff. But they have to be used sparingly and strategically.
I haven't watched Wednesday's episode since I worked last night. So excited to watch it back to back with tonight's episode!

seahawk7

I'm excited.

I started watching the year Evel Dick won. What an intro to BB that was.

Also a huge Jeff and Jordan fan.
That's the season I started to. That was a crazy introduction to say the least. On you tube they have clips of all the past season's evictions up to the winner for each season. Pretty cool to watch the evolution of the show not to mention Julie Chen's hair.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I can't believe I'm the first to comment, more than 12 hours later.
Really hard to do a full assessment with only 1/2 the house.

So far, I really like: Cody, Amber, Devin and Donnie.
Do not like Frankie and Paola.
Not sure about Nicole and Joey.

I hope this season is not taking a page from the Big Brother Canada book, and piling gimmick after gimmick on us. Twists are fine. Even manipulative twists are okay - especially when they save my boy, Jeff. But they have to be used sparingly and strategically.
I agree about the twists, and I think they are trying way too hard this season. I'm fine with most of them, but DO NOT like the way Julie described the way Team America will work. The twists are usually gone by jury, but TA could stay--hope not!! Also, hope voting is open to anyone, not just people that pay a dollar per text vote.:cool:

So far, I guess my favs are...Donnie, Devin maybe, Nicole maybe, probably Cody when the others get evicted, and Frankie, all though he could not shove it down our throats enough that he was a youtuber and brother to Arianna Grande.

Don't like (at this point) Paula (powpow!) and Joey.

Amber I'm pretty content on as she has not done anything I like nor dislike. Shes just there.

Maybe its just me, but does it seem unfair that half the houseguests were put in the house before the others, so they had extra time to create alliances and strategies?

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I think Amazing Race is best suited for that idea don't you think? For Survivor, where would they build the competitions? And BB, how would they incorporate Disney World if they are supposed to be shut off from the world?
Yah, I was thinking about that after I posted it some more, and I agree with you. :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I agree about the twists, and I think they are trying way too hard this season. I'm fine with most of them, but DO NOT like the way Julie described the way Team America will work. The twists are usually gone by jury, but TA could stay--hope not!! Also, hope voting is open to anyone, not just people that pay a dollar per text vote.:cool:

So far, I guess my favs are...Donnie, Devin maybe, Nicole maybe, probably Cody when the others get evicted, and Frankie, all though he could not shove it down our throats enough that he was a youtuber and brother to Arianna Grande.

Don't like (at this point) Paula (powpow!) and Joey.

Amber I'm pretty content on as she has not done anything I like nor dislike. Shes just there.

Maybe its just me, but does it seem unfair that half the houseguests were put in the house before the others, so they had extra time to create alliances and strategies?
Sounds like Team America will operate less like America's Player and more like the Saboteur - performing silly tasks. Hopefully we will not be controlling the votes of three people.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Yah,...and I don't see the point of it. Also, I don't understand why they didn't all just come in at the same time if they are not teams...
I guess I'll give my "review" of the cast, what I thought about all these crazy people:

Caleb-Don't really like, and it also kinda seems like he is being set up to be a villian, just like....

Zach- A very polarizing character, can't decide yet whether I really like him or really hate him

Brittany- Like Amber for me, its too early to tell as she didn't really get a lot of screen time

Derrick- Leaning towards the negative side on him, just don't like what he says in his diary room time and opening intro...

Jocasta- Fine for now, but if she sticks around until like August, the bow tie and all of the praying is going to really get me annoyed...

Christine...err...Christina- Didn't get too much screen time, though seems like a smart competitor. Also a bit of an odd duck.

Victoria- Don't really know yet.. She seems a lot more steriotypical though than in her interviews...

Hayden- Thought I was going to get easily and quickly annoyed by him, but he actually seems fine this first night. Eh, we'll see...

seahawk7

Yah,...and I don't see the point of it. Also, I don't understand why they didn't all just come in at the same time if they are not teams...
I guess I'll give my "review" of the cast, what I thought about all these crazy people:

Caleb-Don't really like, and it also kinda seems like he is being set up to be a villian, just like....

Zach- A very polarizing character, can't decide yet whether I really like him or really hate him

Brittany- Like Amber for me, its too early to tell as she didn't really get a lot of screen time

Derrick- Leaning towards the negative side on him, just don't like what he says in his diary room time and opening intro...

Jocasta- Fine for now, but if she sticks around until like August, the bow tie and all of the praying is going to really get me annoyed...

Christine...err...Christina- Didn't get too much screen time, though seems like a smart competitor. Also a bit of an odd duck.

Victoria- Don't really know yet.. She seems a lot more steriotypical though than in her interviews...

Hayden- Thought I was going to get easily and quickly annoyed by him, but he actually seems fine this first night. Eh, we'll see...
I agree with all of your assessments! Quite spot on! My feel with letting the contestants go in as groups instead of altogether, two HoHs, and this Team America is that Big Brother is REALLY trying to get the contestants pitted against one another. Last year, they played as a "house" and some players were timid in making moves while other players ruled with an iron fist. I don't really care for the changes so far but I really hope they work in giving us some good entertainment. My opinion is that they should focus on better casting and stay away from these gimmicks. Like Boston Rob played Survivor and won without pursuing immunity idols.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I agree with all of your assessments! Quite spot on! My feel with letting the contestants go in as groups instead of altogether, two HoHs, and this Team America is that Big Brother is REALLY trying to get the contestants pitted against one another. Last year, they played as a "house" and some players were timid in making moves while other players ruled with an iron fist. I don't really care for the changes so far but I really hope they work in giving us some good entertainment. My opinion is that they should focus on better casting and stay away from these gimmicks. Like Boston Rob played Survivor and won without pursuing immunity idols.
Yes, I also agree with what you said!:) The good thing about BB is that it is live, so if America is really unhappy with all the twists and it is leading to negative reviews, they can always just take it out.

Now that I think about it, for the first time ever they will not be targeting the strong competitors because they would be afraid that they'll win BotB and the HoH will be a normal HG.

Oh my, this is quite the season for strategists-so many different ways new ways to change the game!

seahawk7

Yes, I also agree with what you said!:) The good thing about BB is that it is live, so if America is really unhappy with all the twists and it is leading to negative reviews, they can always just take it out.

Now that I think about it, for the first time ever they will not be targeting the strong competitors because they would be afraid that they'll win BotB and the HoH will be a normal HG.

Oh my, this is quite the season for strategists-so many different ways new ways to change the game!
Yeah, you are about that. I have no idea what strategy the players will use to stay safe. My gut is that the smart ones will mingle with as many of the other houseguests as possible so they stay likable while throwing competitions so they don't seem like a threat so they can get a feel for how this new double HoH will work. By staying likable, even if you are a HoH and get thrown back in with the other houseguests, if the others like you a lot and you are part of a strong alliance, you can survive? So maybe being part of a strong alliance is key.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Side note...

You guys are all awesome, have great things and thoughts to post on here, and not that any of you would, but just would like to put out there in general for any other people that join the thread--please, if you have the live feeds or check updates, please don't post spoilers! Thanks:)

Now..back to what @seahawk7 said, I think you are spot on with your thoughts! Personally, while it may seem odd, at least up to this point I actually think that Donny is playing the best game. Why? Well, in the HoH comp he showed the other that even though he was 42 or something he is still a competitor, which is key this season. And then in episode two, he wasn't going off making alliances here and there but instead just made cricket sounds so that everyone likes him and don't put him up. We'll see tonight I guess...

Hi, I'm super new to the boards, so I was really excited to see this Big Brother post! I've been watching Big Brother since season 6 or 7, but I really don't remember anything past season 12! My favorite all-time player is Dan, or Mike Boogie, or Rachel "who wants to see my HOH room!?" Reilly.

Currently, I love: Christine, Nicole, Cody, Derrick, Donny, Jocasta, Amber, and Zach

This twist is definitely really interesting and there's never been anything like it in BB history! I'm really excited to see Battle of the Block tonight and see how it all works!

Last season was so terrible and even these first few days have been better than BB15.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Hi, I'm super new to the boards, so I was really excited to see this Big Brother post! I've been watching Big Brother since season 6 or 7, but I really don't remember anything past season 12! My favorite all-time player is Dan, or Mike Boogie, or Rachel "who wants to see my HOH room!?" Reilly.

Currently, I love: Christine, Nicole, Cody, Derrick, Donny, Jocasta, Amber, and Zach

This twist is definitely really interesting and there's never been anything like it in BB history! I'm really excited to see Battle of the Block tonight and see how it all works!

Last season was so terrible and even these first few days have been better than BB15.
Welcome!!!:)

Haha, yes any season would be better than last season. I think though that we might have to look out for Caleb on some bigotry and racism just judging by his social media posts...dear jellybeans no!

I agree, very exciting twist and eager to find out tonight how it all plays out. But the more I think about, the more I realize that this isn't as much a twist as it is just a format change. Therefor, if successful, this could be carried out in more seasons in the future.

Let the countdown go down to half an hour...assuming it starts at 8 and not tricking me at 9 like they did on Thursday!:arghh:;)

Thank you!

I definitely agree with that! I do fear that may happen, because I've seen his posts and such, I just hope it doesn't, because Big Brother is honestly one of my favorite shows and to see it take more blows would be hard for me..... unless they just get him out really quickly.

Yeah, I think the twist is really interesting. I wanna know how long it'll last though, because when numbers start to dwindle, it can't play out. Yeah, you're right, it's not that much of a twist. Team America is the real "twist", even though it just seems very similar to a saboteur twist of BB12.

It does start at 8 tonight! :)

Welcome!!!:)

Haha, yes any season would be better than last season. I think though that we might have to look out for Caleb on some bigotry and racism just judging by his social media posts...dear jellybeans no!

I agree, very exciting twist and eager to find out tonight how it all plays out. But the more I think about, the more I realize that this isn't as much a twist as it is just a format change. Therefor, if successful, this could be carried out in more seasons in the future.

Let the countdown go down to half an hour...assuming it starts at 8 and not tricking me at 9 like they did on Thursday!:arghh:;)

Thank you!

I definitely agree with that! I do fear that may happen, because I've seen his posts and such, I just hope it doesn't, because Big Brother is honestly one of my favorite shows and to see it take more blows would be hard for me..... unless they just get him out really quickly.

Yeah, I think the twist is really interesting. I wanna know how long it'll last though, because when numbers start to dwindle, it can't play out. Yeah, you're right, it's not that much of a twist. Team America is the real "twist", even though it just seems very similar to a saboteur twist of BB12.

It does start at 8 tonight! :)

(I forgot to reply the first time, oops, still new to this!)

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
(I forgot to reply the first time, oops, still new to this!)
haha thats ok, just delete your original post.:)

Yah, like the MVP, once we reach top 10-9, it will have to go back to normal simply because there aren't enough HGs to lets it play out-and thats especially with this one. The team America can last for a while, however I'm not too sure I'm a fan of it. I mean, it'll take 3 weeks before it even starts anyways until you get the 3 members, and then they send the missions. What if they get evicted before then though? I'm not so sure I'm a fan of it, but it could work if done right.

Already used all of my votes for today on Donny:)

haha thats ok, just delete your original post.:)

Yah, like the MVP, once we reach top 10-9, it will have to go back to normal simply because there aren't enough HGs to lets it play out-and thats especially with this one. The team America can last for a while, however I'm not too sure I'm a fan of it. I mean, it'll take 3 weeks before it even starts anyways until you get the 3 members, and then they send the missions. What if they get evicted before then though? I'm not so sure I'm a fan of it, but it could work if done right.

Already used all of my votes for today on Donny:)

Yeah, and there's no guarantee that those in Team America gets evicted which would mess up the whole twist. It could work and be interesting.

I really liked the Battle of the Block competition. It's was really great.

I've been splitting mine between Christine and Donny!

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Yeah, and there's no guarantee that those in Team America gets evicted which would mess up the whole twist. It could work and be interesting.

I really liked the Battle of the Block competition. It's was really great.

I've been splitting mine between Christine and Donny!
Haha yah I might vote for Christine too tomorrow.

From this point on may contain spoilers from 6/29 episode:
A little disappointed with the turnout of the BotB comp., but thats just me. Nice editing, but it really wasn't that close.

I actually think I might start to like Caleb.
Devin is WAAAYYYY overplaying the game. Do not like him, and do not like the way he lied to Donny. It broke my heart:( ;)

Did anyone see how in Christine's pre-game interview what she would love most was to be a part of a big core alliance but then have a true one other person ally that she would really be true with and then they would blow up the core alliance?.................

Last edited:
Haha yah I might vote for Christine too tomorrow.

From this point on may contain spoilers from 6/29 episode:
A little disappointed with the turnout of the BotB comp., but thats just me. Nice editing, but it really wasn't that close.

I actually think I might start to like Caleb.
Devin is WAAAYYYY overplaying the game. Do not like him, and do not like the way he lied to Donny. It broke my heart:( ;)

Did anyone see how in Christine's pre-game interview what she would love most was to be a part of a big core alliance but then have a true one other person ally that she would really be true with and then they would blow up the core alliance?.................

Spoilers!

I was honestly very disappointed too. The comp itself is interesting though, it also looked really fun.... but stressful.

Devin has gone absolutely crazy! I'm actually worried about him. I got really upset about that and I just kept saying "You don't deserve Donny!" to my TV. Donny is definitely one of my top favorites, so it just bothered me.

I know! I remembered that watching this! I think her alliance with Nicole is really great! It fits really well.

seahawk7

Ok just watched tonight's episode. What is Devin doing? He is imploding and I think his alliance is going to kick him out. I have only watched the CBS show and haven't followed online but Devin is in bad shape. I love Nicole and Christine. Christine is sitting pretty good with one foot in an alliance and the other with Nicole. I agree with @IDInstitute I like Caleb too, hopefully he isn't racist. I also like Donny. Is this season going to be longer since we will have the BotB comp then also a veto comp? What do you guys think about Amber? She seems smart to me especially throwing the HoH comp so early in the game. Zach might be smarter than he originally demonstrated. If only he doesn't alienate people with his mouth. I'm going to start following online again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom