Big Brother 16

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
So, I can see that there are fellow reality TV fans out here, so I figured I'd start a thread on the third of the CBS three, Big Brother!
The new season starts June 25th! Heres the teaser:
Whos excited?! Lets just hope we don't get another racist, derogatory, and semi-psycho cast:confused:;)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm excited.

I started watching the year Evel Dick won. What an intro to BB that was.

Also a huge Jeff and Jordan fan.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
The only full season I saw was BB15, but I saw some other bits of other seasons. What do you think about the BB15 cast? haha thats the only one I can truely talk about.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Well, only 20 days. It premiers on a Wednesday, does anyone know what the weekly schedule will be after that initial week or two?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Well, only 20 days. It premiers on a Wednesday, does anyone know what the weekly schedule will be after that initial week or two?
The past few seasons it has been Thursday (live eviction, HOH competition), Sunday (Nomination ceremony), Wednesday (POV competition).
I would assume that will be this year's formula as well.

artvandelay

Every year I say, "I'm not watching this train wreck of a TV show. The house guests are vile and juvenile. The producers manipulate the game during house guests diary sessions. I'm done!"

Then I watch one episode and I'm hooked! I'm watching every episode and going to mortystv site to get live updates. This show is like crack. If you haven't watched it, stay far away!

I'm going to try and beat my addiction to Big Brother, one day at a time.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Every year I say, "I'm not watching this train wreck of a TV show. The house guests are vile and juvenile. The producers manipulate the game during house guests diary sessions. I'm done!"

Then I watch one episode and I'm hooked! I'm watching every episode and going to mortystv site to get live updates. This show is like crack. If you haven't watched it, stay far away!

I'm going to try and beat my addiction to Big Brother, one day at a time.
I used to follow Morty's, but switched to Joker's Updates a few seasons ago.
If you've never tried Joker's, give it a whirl this year and let me know what you think.

Between Morty's and Joker's, I didn't even bother getting the live feeds last year. I probably will this year though, because I always let my brother use my account. Being newly separated, he's going to have a lot more time on his hands this summer.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I used to follow Morty's, but switched to Joker's Updates a few seasons ago.
If you've never tried Joker's, give it a whirl this year and let me know what you think.

Between Morty's and Joker's, I didn't even bother getting the live feeds last year. I probably will this year though, because I always let my brother use my account. Being newly separated, he's going to have a lot more time on his hands this summer.
I usually use this
http://big-brother-16-blog.blogspot.com/
Maybe its what your talking about? haha not sure

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Surprised that with 2 weeks to go we have no new trailers or cast announcement yet. Huh.

I doubt this is all stars then because they already would have been trying to sell the premise to the audience. Or I'm completely wrong. Lets wait and see!!

BuddyThomas

I'll start by saying that I always watch every episode if only to turn off my brain after a long workday.

But......

Big Brother, like most elimination reality shows, are stuck in the very safe pattern of casting most of the house with vapid 20-something white people, with the token gay, the token African Anerican, and occasionally the token old fart thrown in for good measure.

If I ran this show, I'd shake things up and do a majority of minorities and them I'd throw in one or two vapid white 20-somethings and make them the minority. Did anyone see the Chapelle Show where he spoofs The Real World by imagining a house filled with all African Anericans and one chubby white boy? Brilliant, and hysterical.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I'll start by saying that I always watch every episode if only to turn off my brain after a long workday.

But......

Big Brother, like most elimination reality shows, are stuck in the very safe pattern of casting most of the house with vapid 20-something white people, with the token gay, the token African Anerican, and occasionally the token old fart thrown in for good measure.

If I ran this show, I'd shake things up and do a majority of minorities and them I'd throw in one or two vapid white 20-somethings and make them the minority. Did anyone see the Chapelle Show where he spoofs The Real World by imagining a house filled with all African Anericans and one chubby white boy? Brilliant, and hysterical.
Haha, talk about a second BB controversy starring Aaron...

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
This was posted earlier on the CBS website, announcing the "twisted twists" and new house theme:

“BIG BROTHER” TO DEBUT ITS MOST “TWISTED” SEASON EVER!

Host Julie Chen Announced the New Twists Today on “The Talk”

Further Details Will Be Revealed During the

Two Night Premiere Event June 25 and June 26 on CBS

Houseguests Will Live in an Urban Tree House Themed Dwelling

bigbrother.jpg

It was announced today by Host Julie Chen on “The Talk” that BIG BROTHER will debut its most “twisted” season ever during its special two night premiere on Wednesday, June 25 (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT) and Thursday, June 26 (9:01 – 10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. As previously announced, BIG BROTHER will air in HD for the first time this season.

During the premiere, Host Julie Chen will announce details of two new twists and the new competition for the season.

In the first twist, two Houseguests will win the coveted role of “Head of Household” (HOH) each week, which still comes with special privileges, including a separate suite inside the house. Each HOH will have the responsibility of nominating two fellow Houseguests for eviction every week. However, for the first time on the series, earning HOH will not guarantee one’s safety in the game for the week.

With the second twist, fans will have a unique opportunity to significantly influence the game from home with a new interactive element called “Team America.”

In addition, this season of BIG BROTHER will introduce an entirely new high-stakes competition, “Battle of the Block,” which will dramatically shift the power in the house each week.

“When the Houseguests learn about the new twists, they will need to throw out any pre-existing strategy if they want to survive in the game,” said Allison Grodner, Executive Producer of BIG BROTHER. “The new Battle of the Block competition will shake up the power in the house like never before. A Houseguest can go from zero to hero, or vice versa, every week!"

This season, the BIG BROTHER Houseguests will live in a whimsical urban tree house themed dwelling. The living room features a 20 foot tall wood tree sculpture, and wood panels that give the illusion of peering out into the world from inside the tree. The theme continues with the dining room’s branch-bound chairs and the kitchen’s butcher block island made of thick slabs of eucalyptus trees. Nestled above the living room is an actual tree house shack where the Houseguests can play chess. The Head of Household suite includes a giant bird’s nest for the bed and a wall lined with nearly 1,000 bird houses. Also, the bedrooms are themed based on the classical elements earth, wind and fire, with the bathroom as water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom