Biernbaum's WDW Guide

sbkline

At what time in the year does Biernbaum's new book come out? With only 4 months to go in the year (after this month), will it be out soon, so as to benefit those who are planning a trip in Jan or Feb? Or does he wait until the new year to put it out? Now that the rates are public for next year, should I expect it pretty soon?

meryll83

I think it's normally out before the next year coz I'm always like grrr... how can it be called 2007 when we're not there yet?!
I do that with all books though!
Like magazines, they'll all be on the September issue by now, if not later!

Sorry about that, think I have issues :lookaroun

Upvote 0

seabee1

I want to say it comes out around now, because I think I bought 2006's copy in September of last year. I could be off though, it was a while ago. I do know that I get it before that particular year. Start looking for it, I don't think the release is too far off. Hope this helps.:wave:

I just looked around the web, and in my copy. It seems to me that it comes out in September. That was the release date of some of the past copies I searched, and the coupons in the back of the book are valid from Oct. on.

Upvote 0

THECARISMINE

I think it comes out Oct. or the end of Sept. last year I am almost sure that it came out in sept. also but the year before I'm pretty postive it was october but it could have even came out Nov. in any case it will most likely come out soon

Upvote 0

tamibar

the "unofficial guide" comes out this month, i think aug 17th. check out barnes & noble website. it will tell you when birnbaum guide comes out(i think sept/octo) you can preorder.

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I usually pre-order Fodor's and Birnbaum's from Amazon, but I usually see them in the stores before they show up from Amazon, so this year I think I'll just wait and buy it at a bookstore.

Also, I'm not sure how much faith I'd put in the October 1st date. That'll be a Sunday and I think new releases normally come out on Tuesdays.

That's probably an approximate date at this point, but it usually comes out around the end of September or beginning of October, so it should be right in there somewhere.

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I can't wait until it come out I have been collecting them since 2001.

I never thought to save the old ones, and now I'm kicking myself. It would be a lot of fun to look back at all the old attractions.

Unless I've got a couple in my attic somewhere, I think the oldest I have is around 2004.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
It's due out August 21st. You can pre-order it at Amazon for $12.34. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/04...8325/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-1263717-7692130?ie=UTF8

How could it possibly be out that quick?:confused: I would think the 2007 edition would have the updated ticket prices and dining plan prices, etc, and since they were just announced two days ago, I figured that it would be about impossible to get the new, updated book out less than 20 days after that info is made public.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
They usually print the prices "at print time", they are subject to change. That way they are covered.

Ya, I totally understand that with things changing (even if very small changes) all the time, it is impossible for every detail of that book to be up to date throughout the year. However, I would think that resort, ticket and DDP prices would be significant enough to want to make sure that the 2007 book has 2007 prices. Oh well....

Upvote 0

sarajo

I usually start seeing the book turn up in bookstores (and Disney stores, prior to the sell-off, don't know if they'll be in the stores now :( ) in late Sept or early Oct. We generally get one so we can start thinking about our upcoming trip at Christmas time... :xmas:

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

How could it possibly be out that quick?:confused: I would think the 2007 edition would have the updated ticket prices and dining plan prices, etc, and since they were just announced two days ago, I figured that it would be about impossible to get the new, updated book out less than 20 days after that info is made public.

Unfortunately that happens to be something that happens in the book industry. They got burned on the 2005 Guide when Disney revealed the Magic Your Way system right around New Years 04/05. Things happen like that. I don't know what their press date is, so I have not clue what information is going to make it into the book.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom