Bibbity Bobbity Boutique question

rictusred

I'm just wondering how long the BBB makeover takes I want to take My daughter but not sure how long it takes and I would really like to take her to the magic kingdom for the makeover. also is it worth it?

santa's surpriz

I did BBB at DTD for my DD then 5. It takes about 45 min to an hour. She absolutely loved it. They were nice enough to take us 2 hours early bc she whined all morning with excitement for her princess makeover I could not take it any longer! I would say it was definitely worth it. In fact her hair stayed in place for 4 days! I did the mid range package, bought the dress two days earlier at MK. We did nails, hair and makeup. They get to take the make up, nail polish, and extra mickey hair pins with them. Only advice...some of the dresses are itchy and could not possibly be comfortable in the Florida heat and humidity. Bring your own dress, it will save you $65! I would definitely put this on your list of must dos!

Upvote 0

ELopez

It felt much quicker to me, but last time we just got the most basic package. They make the appointments in 20 min increments, but I don't know if that means anything.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

I'm just wondering how long the BBB makeover takes I want to take My daughter but not sure how long it takes and I would really like to take her to the magic kingdom for the makeover. also is it worth it?
i love it..it is worth it no matter what package u choose. i hvae done it numerous times( i am 17) and even though im 17, i feel like a princess. i am a very girly girl, so it is always a must on my list. the one at magic kingdom is harder to get then down town disney, so if u cant get in magic, go to down town disney. i would call asap for a reservation. also it varies in time based on the package you choose, hair , make up, exc. i have so many memories from the first make over we got when it first opened, to my most recent trip we got it done right before we are in the castle on our last day ( we also ate there our first day)

Upvote 0

stitchsMom

Does anyone know how strict they are on the 3 and up rule? My niece will only be 2 when we go in July and my sister really really wants to do this with her...

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

resurrecting this thread. As I have the same question. My daughter will be three weeks away form being 3. She is tall for her age and handles herself very well and is all about the princesses. I would love to do this for her as we are having lunch at the castle. Do you think anyone will question her age? I mean how do they verify, or is it just on our word. Thanks

Upvote 0

LetsGoAgain

When I made the reservation I was asked my daughter's age. I would have felt uncomfortable lying. I am not insinuating you would lie, just letting you know that you will more than likely be asked the child's age. When we thought about going back in December I called to make reservations for my 4yr and 2 yr olds and was told that the 2 yr old was too young. She was just turning two though. It might not hurt to call and ask.

When we were there in May the FGIT asked if she could put my then 18 m old in the chair and put her hair in a pony tail and add in some pixie dust. She said I could buy a tiara and she would put it in but I declined because I knew it would be a waste (Anna would NOT wear it for more than 10 secs!). I thought it was so sweet of the FGIT to offer and we got some really cute shots of her in the chair. The PhotoPass photog also got some cute ones of her. It was so nice of her to offer. We loved the extra magic.

Upvote 0

MandyJ72

Does anyone have any pics or a link that shows you the different sorts of hairstyles etc?

My daughter will be 14 next year but am thinking about this as a surprise for her - something silly but fun - she wouldn't go for the dress and is used to having her hair up for dance competitions etc but I can't seem to see too much about what you can choose online?

Also, it says boys can get a "cool dude" make-over and Michael will be 9 when we go - is that worth it? Was thinking about a hair-cut at the Barbers but not sure if they do anything special or just a regular hair cut (an all over number 4 for him with the clippers!).

Ta
Mandy
xx

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

LetsGo:
Thanks for the reply, and honestly I would be lying if I told them she was three, but my question is developmentally what difference would 3 weeks make. I am not comfortable ever about lying, but we probably wont go at all next year (possibly but not for certain yet) so I really don't want my daughter to miss out. Right now she sits and gets haircuts no problems and love to be dolled up. So I believe she would actually love looking at herself made up like a princess. She does now as she wears her princess dresses or tinkerbell wings. And we are still 5 months away. So I guess its really just my own conscious and internal conflict :goodnevilabout lying I have to deal with. Dam that what I get for being a striaght up honest person...:brick:

Upvote 0

LetsGoAgain

Oohh.. since she will be turning 3 in just a few weeks after your trip, what if you say it is for her upcoming birthday?

Seriously though, I don't know why they put a strict age limit on it. I can see making a recommendation on an age but if a parent wants to shell out $50 and they think their child is up for it, what does WDW care?

I would give it a go. All they can say is no, right? Good luck! :)

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

ok bringing it back again didn't want to start another thread.

In November will be our first experience with the BBB, and with all the tinkerbell hype, and her new moving comming out, do they or will they do my daughter up like tinkerbell. She has been kinda on a TB kick lately, and we are still not sure yet on who she wants to dress up yet as, but we want to give her options before hand and don't want to mention TB if she not an option.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Trishnh

I want to say it took about 45 minutes to an hour. It is expensive but worth it..My daughters loved it and the cast members make them feel so special. We have done it twice. My daughter got the bun one time and it stayed in for several day--even through swimming! I would probably try & make the earliest apoointment you can so it doesnt interfere with the rest of your day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom