Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

I am thinking about doing the castle package for my 3yr old princess fanatic. The is $175 which seems a lot to spend on a such a young girl, but I know should would absolutely love it. Has anyone done this? Is the money worth the expense? I have a 8 yr old son that is also going. He loves pirates and wondering if there is a priate makeover for boys?:cool:

pixie1115

What all do they have for boys? We have a 7 year old who would probably like to do something like this, is it worth it to waste time getting it done for the boys? I wish my daughter was older than 1 :( It sounds so fun for girls!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

02-05-2007_11_02_52AM_edited.jpg

02-05-2007_10_58_10AM_edited.jpg

here are a few pics from our visit last September to disney...
We had gotten this for our daughter who had turned 6 in september...Such a cute idea,, pricey but very cute..to make it a little cheaper on ourselves we had points that we had accumulated over the yaer on our Disney visa card transfered to a Disney rewards spending card which was very helpful..

Upvote 0

tigsmom

What all do they have for boys? We have a 7 year old who would probably like to do something like this, is it worth it to waste time getting it done for the boys? I wish my daughter was older than 1 :( It sounds so fun for girls!

They have what is called "Cool Dude"; thats hair styling, Mickey stencils and gels and sparkles. Its about $10 or so.

Upvote 0

minnie2000

While we're on the subject - Is the hair (after BBB) difficult to brush/wash out? The little girls always look pretty, but their hair looks "sticky". Just wondering.

When we took all the hair grips out, the hair still stayed up and did not move! The girls thought this was hilarious! It did come out when I washed her hair, although it needed a few extra shampoos, and a lot of extra rubbing!

Upvote 0

minnie2000

I know that we will be doing at leat the $45 for DD and me and the $10 hair for DS, but I am leaning toward doing the Castle Package for my DD. I have been reading past threads and many say that it is worth the $175 because of the high quality of the dresses. Most people say that they get at least two years of wear out of them. My DD wears her dresses all the time. I mean everywhere! We live in a national park and she plays in our yard all the time dressed up. The cheaper dresses from Wlamart do not hold and I am always have to sew the seams back together. Her costumes come apart from the seams. I found a nice cinderella costume on the Disney Store website. Does anyone know if the quality is the same at the DS as BBB?:veryconfu

I have to say I was very disappointed with the quality of the dresses in the Disney Stores. My DDs tried most of them on, and they were all to itchy, and also much too big. They would have been better with a sash to make them fit around the waist. Both my daughters are quite tall and skinny (wish I was like them!) and the dresses didn't really look good as they were much too wide.

I have bought dresses in the Disney Stores in the UK, and I think the quality is better. Also, we have a very well known store called Marks and Spencer. I have bought Disney costumes there, all with a Disney label, and the quality is fantastic. My eldest DD had an Ariel costume, with headress, when she was about 5. She is now 9, and her sister, who is 6, still wears it, and it still looks like new.

This is a Tinkerbell dress from Marks and Spencer.
DSC03935.jpg

Upvote 0

ShellyW

We took my daughter (she was 4) this past May and she loved it! We did the Coach package and brought our own dress. The fairy Godmother in training actually said that the dress we brought was beautiful, and wanted to know where we got it.

I let her make her own wand, and she absolutely loved the experience. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

As far as her hair was concerned, she jumped into the pool and it all washed out! lol

Upvote 0

MPitzen

How old is too old for this, particularly with the costumes? Considering taking my niece to disney for the first time when she'll be 12, I know she would love this but don't even want to tell her about it if it's not a possibility. Thanks!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

How old is too old for this, particularly with the costumes? Considering taking my niece to disney for the first time when she'll be 12, I know she would love this but don't even want to tell her about it if it's not a possibility. Thanks!

Well it say for 3 and up...if your niece is into that stuff, go for it! :wave:

Upvote 0

jessnic95

Do you absolutely need an appointment for the BBB? I plan on making one for my 4 year old daughter, but I'm not sure if the boys (5 and 7) will be into it. They think it looks "cool", but they're not really convinced. Would it be hard to get them in as a "walk in" with my daughter? Thanks for the information!!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Do you absolutely need an appointment for the BBB? I plan on making one for my 4 year old daughter, but I'm not sure if the boys (5 and 7) will be into it. They think it looks "cool", but they're not really convinced. Would it be hard to get them in as a "walk in" with my daughter? Thanks for the information!!

DEfinatly make an appointment, we had an appointment in september and still had to wait 45min....I would just to be on the safe side..

Upvote 0

Princess Ariel

Original Poster

I made a reservation for my DD and DS. Luckly I able to get the time I wanted. I recommend making reservations. There is a 24 hour cancellation policy, so if your sons are not interested cancel by the 24 hr time. You can also make an appointment for your DD and try to get the boys in as a walk-in if the want to do it. I would think that since the cool dude only takes 20 mins it would be easier to get a walk-in than the princess packages.

If they are not interested at all at going to the BBB and if you are traveling with another adult have them take the boys to the WOD Adventure room. They can build their own pirate hats and skulls. There are also alot of audio-animatronics to look at. :wave:

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

We went in Dec. My dd loved it. She was almost 9 at the time. My 11 year old niece liked it too, but wasn't thrilled with the style she picked. She only wore it for 1 day. My dd and younger niece wore theirs for 2 days. We just took out the crown and clips and hair piece. The next morning we put them back in. Everyone commented on their hair. We also bought a t-shirt in the store that said something about Princess on it. She didn't want one with the Princess' pics but this one worked out. We only did the $35 dollar package, but you can buy the clips/crown for whatever the cost is if they aren't included in the style you picked. My dd did the diva style and added a crown since it only came with mickey bobby pins.

My ds who is 3 thought he wanted his done when we got there. I asked and they said that whichever FGiT was finished first would do his. (we didn't have an appt for him). He ended up changing his mind after seeing pics of what they did. He is a hat guy and didn't want to give up his Buzz Lightyear hat for the day. lol

I hope that whatever package you choose your dd has a blast! Make sure to have your photo pass card with you as they will take lots of pics an put on it no matter what package you get.

Upvote 0

3dwarfs

I did the castle package for my daughter last july. ( there are pics of her as Ariel in the photo section) It was expensive but I thought worth it. It was her first trip to Disney and I knew that the next time we went she would be too big for the costumes and such so I went for the castle package. I thought It was worth it. I know she will never forget it.

Upvote 0

MPitzen

Annual Passholders have the chance to get a free 5x7 photo print at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique if you make an April or May appointment. Packages at the Downtown Disney salon for little ones start at just $35, plus tax. To print out the coupon for your complimentary 5X7 print, go to disneyworld.com/passholder.

This was in the AllEARS newsletter today.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom