Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique-Bringing own dress question

Hi! We're planning to do the BBB with my daughter in a couple weeks but are bringing her Cinderella dress from home. My question is does she wear the dress to the store or bring it with her and change into once she gets there? Thank you!!!

jensdisney

Do they actually let you bring your own dress in? I was under the impression that it was included in the cost, so is it cheaper then? Anyone know the prices? Thanks for answering these as well.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

WhatJaneSays

I don't see any reason why she couldn't wear the dress in or change into it right before they start on her hair and makeup. I'd call ahead to double check just to be sure. Personally I would bring the dress along and have her change there.

@ jensdisney -There are different prices for each package. Hair and makeup is around $55 and with the dress and whatnot it's $200+ at best.

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
You can choose different packages. Hair and makeup..... Hair Makeup and Nails..... Hair makeup, dress, etc. We ALWAYS bring our own dress from home. I actually give it to my daughter before we get there. She wears it to the boutique. The WDW dresses are really expensive. I recommend going to the disney store, or finding on one ebay and bringing it yourself. It does NOT take away from the experience what so ever.

If you are going to buy a dress when you are there anyways, just do a package.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Shadowdawn

When I got my hair done at BBB in the castle back in October many of the girls had brought there own dresses. Most of the parents just asked if they could change (there are 2 dressing rooms in the castle) before they went in for hair & makeup

Upvote 0

jessicaj

We usually buy a dress there anyway but have watched many girls bring it along and many wear it there. I think it more a personal preference then anything.

Have fun, take lots of pictures, she will love it!

Jessica

Upvote 0

BigB911

We bought our DD her dress at the Disney store at home and took it with us. There are changing room in the BBB in the castle, and DD changed there. We threw the clothes she had on in my backpack, in case she wanted to change out of the dress later (which she didn't.)

I sure was glad we bought the dress beforehand. Disney store price: $39.99; BBB price: $64.99 for the exact same dress! Personal preference or not, money saved is money saved!

My best advice: Buy your dress before you go!:wave:

Upvote 0

ali_cat_3

costumes

I highly recommend www.buycostumes.com . They are reasonably priced and if you search yahoo for a promo code you can save on shipping or the actual price. They are having a post Halloween sale right now so they have a bunch of stuff on sale pretty cheap. They also have a bunch of boys costumes too so if you have a little fella that wants to dress up for the day too, he wouldn't feel left out. This is a good option for anyone that doesn't have a disney store near by. Their shipping is a lot less then disneystore.com. I'm taking my 6 and 9 year old cousins in May and they couldn't decide between a princess make over or a rock star ( hanah montana ) make over. So we chose princes and we ordered the rock star costumes for a realy good price so they could just wear them to the park another day. I think I might get them High School musical costumes too.
hope this helps, have lots of fun.

Ali
micball.gif

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

For whatever its worth-
I've read many threads on here saying that the dresses sold in WDW are very itchy. The ones from the Disney store were actually better quality and more comfy for the kids to wear.

Upvote 0

pinkcroc

There is a basic package which includes hair, makeup and sash (and a small sparkly crown) for $50. The next one up includes all that plus nail polish for $55. The super duper package is $200-$250 (depending on princess and includes a dress, wand, shoes, and a photo package. Last year we did The $55 and bought a $65 dress for a total of $120. We didn't need a wand or plastic shoes. The dress was a little different from Disney store ones but no better. Cinderella was not itchy. The sleeping beauty girls looked pretty toast in July.

The ONLY reason we buy a dress there is so my daughter can pick her princess last minute. Otherwise I would bring one. But instead of wearing it in, I would have them hand it in the dressing room for her to change. It's part of the fun.

My daughter wants a Giselle costume (today anyway). Has anyone seen one at the BBB? IF not I may buy one, keep tags on and return if she changes her finicky little mind.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Actually when we took our daughter, we found a Snow White dress in Wal-Mart for 20.00 . Same quality as a dress from The Disney Store and looked just as good. You just have to look around for the deals.:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom