BG Cheetah Chace Opening?

StevenT

Original Poster
Does anybody know when Busch Garden's "Cheetah Chace" is opening? My sourse said 2/04 but I don't think it's open yet.

Figment1986

Chetta Chase has opened. check BGTGuide.com for a video of the area, and photos of the ride.

People whome have road it said it is lame, slower than it was when originally constructed at Willamsburg.

Hope that was what you needed.

Security

Cool Ride!

I went to Busch Gardens last Sunday 3/7. We got there at opening and went straight to it and it was pretty cool. No its not the fastes, or the scariest but its just fun to be going towards that first curve and to just be going looking like ur going to fly right off then suddenly swirving...PHEW! lol

surfsupdon

In its original form as Wilde Maus at BG Va., it was def. one of the scariest roller coasters I had ever ridden. No exagerration. It went so fast on the hair pin turns and produced such lateral g's it really felt unsafe to ride, which is why I loved it. It felt so unsafe, that it would just whip right off of the track--im talking speed on these tight hairpin turns with very little break resistance in between, which was the real beauty. And the original carts, I don't know if they changed them, had no front thing bowing out and no extra room on the sides either. It felt like you were right there hanging over the tracks on the turns, as the carts really had no buffer zone. And the final break run, however, was so strong and ABRUPT whiplashes had to be numerous, lol.

It made me think of the mine cart flipping over the track in the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I always pictured it like that. A very fun wild mouse coaster that does beat Primeval Whirl--jsut b/c you dont get the sensation that you are going to be flying off the side.

To anyone who knows--BG Va gave up the ride---did they receive anything in return?

Figment1986

they are planning on building something huge in it's former location, i remember the building permits were filed and approved...

babykalina

I've ridden the ride at both parks (and it will always be the Wilde Maus to me RIP) and I have to say for some reason it was just better in Williamsburg. It was more attractive and it just felt more intense all together. I don't know why that is. Oh well.

I'm not sure what's going on in Williamsburg now, but the last time I was down there they had the area that the Wilde Maus was in fenced off. I heard something about an indoor type attraction. I guess we'll see in time :)

Figment1986

When i was their in july, they had begun erecting a building in it's place... (Ahh I How i do enjoy willamsburg's park versus my home town BGT...)

sillyspook13

Figment1986 said:
When i was their in july, they had begun erecting a building in it's place... (Ahh I How i do enjoy willamsburg's park versus my home town BGT...)
In August they had teasers. There was a sign advertising a new ride (possibly haunted house theme). On the bridge there were two skeletons-which sounded like Hans and Franz- talking about the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom