Beyond The Rides!!!

petey

Hello Fellow Disney Lovers. I will be going to the World for 9 days, late Jan.early February. I really like all the rides, but was looking for everyones favorite things to do beyond the rides. I will be staying @ AKL and do have
the park hopper option. In the past I have done Keys To The Kingdom, Beyond The Seeds, and Horse Back Riding @ Ft. Wilderness. For a good deal
of the trip I will be solo, so I don't have to worry about what other people want to do. What are your favorite things to do, and why? Anything from
tours to resort hopping etc. Your thoughts are always appreciated!!!!

DisneyPrincess5

We LOVE the Around the World on a Segway tour at Epcot!! We've done it twice and have had such a great time. Do the earliest tour as you will be able to ride through World Showcase with no park goers. Lamont has been our guide and he's great. Highly recommend it!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I agree with the Segway tours - the Epcot one is great fun, as is the Fort Wilderness one. They are a little pricey, but well worth it.

Upvote 0

petey

Original Poster
Thanks DisneyPrincess5. I notice you are a NY Yankee fan, well so am I,big
time. I live in Maryland and go to Camden Yards whenever the Yanks come to town. By the way I am reading a book right now called The Captain, all
about Jeter's life. I am half way thru, pretty interesting. As far as the Segway, was it hard to get use to, as I have never been on one?

Upvote 0

Nemo14

time. I live in Maryland and go to Camden Yards whenever the Yanks come to town. By the way I am reading a book right now called The Captain, all
about Jeter's life. I am half way thru, pretty interesting. As far as the Segway, was it hard to get use to, as I have never been on one?

I'm a 60+ old non-athletic lady :king: and I had no problem learning to use one

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Oh nice! I heard that book was good.

I was wobbly to start because I was nervous (it operates by reading your body's movement and signals) but once I put mind over matter, I was a pro!

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

I would go parasailing at the Contemporary. Here I am doing it-
http://youtu.be/PGfjsIekpes

Ive also taken out a sea racer at the Polynesian and then went to the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show after a few times. Very fun.

La Nouba is also great at Downtown Disney.

Snorkling at the Shark Reef in Typhoon Lagoon is also a good activity and very inexpensive. Check it out here.
http://youtu.be/U_21sVpt1HE

Flights of Wonder hot air balloon at Downtown Disney is also about $20.

You can also play miniature golf at one of two courses on property.

Just a few suggestions.

Upvote 0

duplechien

I have a Segway tour set in 5 weeks! One of my favorite non park things to do has always been renting a water mouse and riding around seven seas lagoon and near the old Discovery Island.

Upvote 0

hankhill

Jan/Feb is a tough on for some of the activities listed...

I am a big fan of the drink my way around the world tour at the end catching the entertainment in each of the country pavilions (band in canada, beatles show in UK, acrobats in France, comics in Italy). (No additional charge except for drinks)

Smilin Bob in the Port Orleans bar is a trip at nights (check website for appearances). Total audience participation. (No charge outside drinks or food)

Hoop Dee Do Revue. Too much campy fun and messy food!

Learn to Draw in Animation Studios. In DHS go into Animation Courtyard and go into the store between Playhouse Disney and Aerial. Go through the doors and past the Oscar Awards and near the Character meet and greet area you will find a place where you can learn from an animator how to draw characters all day long. Too much fun

Theres a few at least

Upvote 0

360rico1

Waking down the boardwalk at night time and stroll into Epcot towards the French Pavilion and enjoy the evening at a slow pace and take in the spectacular scenery.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom