Beware of AIRTRAN

disney4life2008

I had to post a reply about AirTran (though it is not Disney related). My boyfriend is currently enroute to Chicago from Boston (however, he had a change flight in Atlanta). The plane landed in ATL 10 minutes ahead of scheduale. However, the plane did not taxi to the gate until 40 minutes after landing. Further, ATL airport is so big he had to take a train from one side of the airport to the other to get to the next gate. As a result, he has missed his connecting flight to Chicago which left 10 minutes early from the ATL gate. Now he is being told that he has to wait until 5pm for the next flight from ATL to Chicago. He is now waiting on standby.

Now - we are flying AirTran for our upcoming Disney vacation from the 1st until the 15th of January. I AM WORRIED NOW just like the original poster. Because we have a connecting flight and AirTran seems natorious for changing their scheduales at the last minute as well as leaving 10 minutes or more before the scheduale departure time.

I AM WORRIED!!!!

FBullock

Just got back from WDW and flew Airtran. Direct down and stop in Atlanta on the way home. Only minor problem was we were about 20 minutes late leaving Orlando on Wed. night due to the flight attendants were coming in from another flight and it was delayed. We had no problem with our Atlanta connection but I never schedule any layover in Atlanta or anyother airport, for less than 1 hour if possible. Too many things beyond their control can happen.

I fly Airtran about 4 - 6 times per year and have had minimal problems. I also travel on Delta, Northwest, US Air, Southwest. Plan you travel knowing that based on the time of year weather can always be an issue. I like Airtran. I love the fact that they have XM radio for in-flight listening.

Upvote 0

kstella

We pretty much have to fly Airtran now that Midwest has decided to concentrate on business travel instead of leisure. I have only had one problem with them in the times I've flown them and od course it had to happen the one time I was flying home nd flew into Chicago-Midway instead of Milwaukee. We had checked 5 suitcases and they put one a plane to Indianapolis. It finally caught up to me two days later via FedEx, I think. But then, too, it just got dumped by my front door, no one had to sign for it or anything. I don't fly Airtran with the same confidence that I had with Midwest, always keep my fingers crossed that nothing will go wrong and only use direct flights. I miss Midwest.

Upvote 0

PoohBear119

One plus about AirTran - My DH and I got bumped to Business class after being told we might not make it on the plane. That was one nice thing. And I agree with everyone that has said to steer clear of the Atlanta airport (it's bad).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom