BEWARE of Advantage car rentals!!!!

jeffk410

Original Poster
Please noone ever rent a car through this terrible company. We arrived at MCO on 12/27 to find the Advantage employees all standing around saying that their "Chrysler fleet was taken from them this morning and there was no cars!!!" We were a little bit skepitical of this ,but they said they would find us the same rate we had. They called around and said the best they could do was double our rate at 599 plus tax at U-Save and sent us on there bus. It was late at night so we had no choice everywhere else was more costly. We get to U-save to find out that advantage lied and never called them and just wanted us out of their faces. We contacted the office of Advantage the next day to find out that they actually just sold out of cars because they got better prices. :fork: It was a horror story and we ended up having to pay 800 Dollars at Action Car Rental instead of mour 383 we were suppose to get. Stay away from Advantage!!!

imamouse

OP - I am so sorry that happened to you. Do you have any recourse? Trip insurance or perhaps your credit card company will help in some way - even if only to make Advantage pay the difference between your origianl contract with them and what you had to pay in order to obtain a car? Good luck!

I agree with BuddhasHomeGirl- Dollar has never let me down! Their rates are great and I usually get a free upgrade.

jeffk410

Original Poster
hmm

well we are trying to make advantage pay some. But their are rumors from other car companies that advantage went under 2-3months ago and are continuing to jip people. I don't know how they would get away with that so i am sure that the other car rentals are exaggerating a bit. But both the other rental places we went to said advantage has been sending people to them without talking to them, which in turn is making them look bad. Hopefully we can work something out with advantage paying the extra they cost us ,but they cant make up for the time or torture it was. But ya just a warning stay away from that place.

And thanks ill look into Dollar we are returning in februrary. Luckily we have alamo at the moment ,but maybe dollar can beat the price.

smk

I have never even heard of that car rental agency, I always rent from Budget or Alamo. I find that if I stick to a company I know I rarely have problems.....sorry to read that you did, what a vacation downer.

jeffk410

Original Poster
haha

ya for now on i am only sticking to big names. that was a bit rediculous and a rough way to start the vacation. but oh well it still worked out great. Hollywood studios in the morning wahooo

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Thanks for the warning, but... err.. this has nothing to do with WDW Parks ;)

BuddhasHomeGirl

And thanks ill look into Dollar we are returning in februrary. Luckily we have alamo at the moment ,but maybe dollar can beat the price.

Yes, diffidently look into Dollar, we always rent a minivan for a week and usually pay about $150.00 (sometimes less!) all others usually want between $300.00-$400.00.

Thanks for the warning, but... err.. this has nothing to do with WDW Parks

It gets you to and from the parks!(?) :lol:

MousDad

I rented from a generic car rental company ... once.

Stick with the name brands, and if you're renting at MCO, stick with the in-terminal companies.

lewisc

Advantage rent a car went bankrupt in early December. They closed 40% of their locations. MCO is currently open.

I agree with the previous posters, stay with one of the major agencies. A rate that's "too good to be true" is worthless if you can't get a car.

jeffk410

Original Poster
indeed

We have thrifty for a februrary. I do not believe they are at mco though =[ wow you get 150 a week thats great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom