Beware: Bus driver's ....stories of getting lost on busses in WDW

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We have scoffed at the rumours that have emanated from the bus drivers.

Now we find that not only do they NOT know what they are talking about,
they also don't know where they are. :lol:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
We have scoffed at the rumours that have emanated from the bus drivers.

Now we find that not only do they NOT know what they are talking about,
they also don't know where they are. :lol:

Scary isnt it? It does make you wonder what exactly they are getting paid to do...:lookaroun

M_DOGALPHA

Well I have a funny story from our trip last week to WDW relating to a bus ride back to POR from the Magic Kingdom (end of the night). After waiting quite a while to get on the bus due to two wheelchairs needing to be loaded, we got on our way for what seemed to be an EASY ride back to the POR. We make the usual turns but I see that our bus drive seems to be fairly shaky on the road that leads past Fort Wilderness and such. She is driving extra slow and when other cars/busses pass she seems to move to the side as if she's afraid their going to hit our bus.

We finally make the turn on the road that hosts POFQ/POR and start to get near our turn into the resort. The only problem is that she forgets to turn and as this occurs pretty much everyone on the bus started going "turn turn turn" .....which she didn't do :( She was supposed to turn into the entrance that is between POR/POFQ since the busses never use the main entrances but that never happened. She proceeds to the light and turns onto the road that OKW and SSR are on, all of the people on the bus hoping she turns into OKW and makes a U-turn! ......and guess what, she didn't.

Finally she gets on the mic and in a very scared voice says "Your very dumb bus drive got lost" ....but that was it, no explanation of where she was going to turn back or anything. After we FINALLY get to Saratoga Springs, she proceeds to make another wrong turn in that resort and drive through it in it's ENTIRETY. Most of you know that the resort is fairly large, why did she not just take the road that leads to the main building and loop around.

About five minutes later we turn back towards POFQ/POR and as the turn arrives, no joke everyone on the bus was yelling "turn" over and over to the point that I felt really bad for her. She apologized and for the most part people were amused (at her not with her) about the situation, so there was no abuse towards her for getting lost.

Wow...post-WDW vacation feeling is starting to kick in, thus this post was born and while I know it has no true meaning it sure was an experience that needed to be told.

Omg the same thing happened to me but the story went differently.
We were at MK going to fort Wilderness. We board a bus that says Fort Wilderness, and we end up at Wilderness Lodge! My friends and i are stuck at the bus area od Wilderness lodge for, like, half an hour! finally a bus going to FW comes and at that point I almost was going to walk to the Contemporary and all the way back to the stupid bus area to get on ANOTHER BUS to FW. I know, my story is.. well, Dumb, but this really happened:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: I felt like an idiot.
P.S. I am kinda new, so my signature is a pic link to something. I dont know how to entirely get a pic on my signature, so if anyone has some amnt. of kindness plz help me with that thx :) oh! and i dont know if i'm suppose to type my quote reply here, so sorry if i made a mistake:hammer:I will delete it, then, but then you cant read it if it is deleted. Whoa!! like mega confusion!:confused:

Baums101

Not to sound rude, but I question why they let some of the bus drivers they have behind the wheel of a bus. There have been a couple that seemed to have difficulty speaking understandable english. This does not seem to be very safe in my opinion.
Yes very true. I hope they don't start hiring not so smart bus drivers...

brertigger

One driver we had thought he was Mario Andretti and took every corner so fast I was actually praying for a seatbelt.

:lol: :lol: I had one of these bus drivers too. My family was going back to All Star Movies after a late night special event at MK. We were making a stop at SoG (long story). When we were leaving SoG property, the bus driver was going so fast through the parking lot (well, it was awfully empty at 4AM) he drove right through the side of a flowerbed. It was funny, once we got on the main road again, a friend was falling asleep and fell out of their chair, when he did a quick left turn.

I had a different experience. This happened over a year ago (May 2005). While this story did not affect us negatively there were a lot of people who were upset.

We were staying at the Boardwalk and going to Typhoon Lagoon one am.

Now the Boarwalk busses are shared with Swan, Dolpin and sometimes Beach and Yatch clubs.

The bus arrived with the Downtown/TL sign on the Front.

When ever I get on a Bus, I always ask the driver if they are going to my destination, so I ask "Typhoon Lagoon?" and the driver says yes.

Well that caused an uproar, because everyone started yelling, no we are going to Animal Kingdom. The driver says "no" and tells all of those going to AK to get off the bus and wait for an AK bus.

There were a lot of un-happy people.

AEfx

It’s just another desperate DVC sales tactic. :animwink:

LOL, their marketing may be ubiquitous, but I'd never call it desperate...It must be paying off for them because they keep building the things, and people keep beating down their door to buy them.

AEfx

My bus driver (we were staying at Cornado Springs) couldn't speak English and got hopelessly lost on the way to Magic Kingdom. It took us about an hour to get there.

WDWRLD

It seems as if you are in no hurry to get somewhere that you get there lightning fast but if you have a ps you get a tour of the entire property

WALT06

How much do you think Disney pays the bus drivers??? Do you think its alot?I wonder if there is a way to find out.....Matt

sandman50

Walt I struck up a conversation with a driver one midday on an empty bus.
Being a driver myself I was interested also.
It has been a couple years since he told me between $10-10.50hr.I was driving in Fl at the time so I don't think that was to far off.
Not enough imho.Hope there are good benifits.

rich

RandeB

Trainees

Last January, my daughter and I were standing on a Pop Century bus from the MK after the fireworks.

There was a driver, and two men in driver uniforms at the front of the bus.

One of the non drivers announced he was training the middle man to be a bus driver trainer. The driver was a trainee being trained by the training trainee.

So, with the three heads at the front of the bus, we proceded to be driven directly past Pop and right off the Disney property. :brick:

Antjeanne

I had a bus pull up to Coronado last week that said Magic Kingdom. We had got to the bus stop early because my Daughter wanted to see the park opening celebration. She jumped up and down when she saw the MK on the front of the bus as it pulled up. We sat in the front of the bus. so we saw his little screen above his head listing the stop.After we got on the main road he looks at his paper and fumbles with the sign and changes it to Animal Kingdom. and he then makes an announcement that the next stop will be AK. I asked him if he is going to MK next. He informs me that he does not go there and we need to get off in AK. I asked why the sign said MK when we got on and we all saw him change it after we started. He told me he never changed the sign and it always said AK and its our fault that we didnt read and got on the wrong bus.
We actually did make Park open by a few minutes.

Agent1964fem

When we went in 2005 we had a cranky lady bus driver . Everyone got off of our stop and my son got on the bus ( he was 10 ) . Well she yelled at him that everyone had to be off the bus before he got on the bus . Everyone was off the bus we informed her . She had him in tears...so much for Disney Magic I thought. :mad:

jonesenon4

:sohappy: we have stayed at disney resorts many times and never had a problem with the busses,until last year. we were staying at the cbr and going to typhoon lagoon ,got on the bus as like normal expecting 15 or 20 min ride to the lagoon. next thing we know after 1hr and 25 min on the bus with a trip around dtd we finally get to the lagoon.still dont know what happened but we did get there.20 more days till im back on the busses:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

DanStat

One night, we were on our way back to AKL from MK. Quite a drive, right? Well, there was this family who thought the bus was going back to Animal Kingdom. This was about midnight, well after AK had closed. Well, our bus driver drove them into the now-deserted AK parking lot and right up to their lone car. I was mad, but had I been that family, I would have appreciated it. It was crazy seeing the parking lot all empty. It was weird too, because the bus driver didn't stop at any of the gates. Are they usually open like that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom