Best/Worst Pre-Show in each Park

Captain Cab

Magic Kingdom:
best - Alien Encounter - S.I.R. and Chairman Clench are awesome!
worst - Tiki Birds - The old version was much better and more entertaining. The new version seems like something they threw together the night before it was due.

EPCOT Center:
best - American Adventure - The live singers and amazing pictures on the walls really help show what makes America so special.
worst - Ellen's Energy Adventure - Bill Nye is great, but somebody needs to secure Ellen's mouth with lots of duct tape.

Disney-MGM Studios:
best - Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror - No explanation needed.
worst - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular - They need to get rid of the whole audience participation part of the show.

Animal Kingdom:
best - Kilimanjaro Safaris - It's one of the few rides at DAK with an actual pre-show video, and you can still ride the attraction without watching it.
worst - Dinosaur - The line queue is great, but the pre-show video gets really old after watching it 50+ times. At Kilimanjaro Safaris you can still walk through the line queue and safely ignore the video, but you're pretty much forced to watch it at Dinosaur.

Brooke

MK:
-BEST: space
-WORST: all the fantasyland rides

EPCOT:
-BEST: test track
-WORST: maelstrom

MGM:
-BEST: tot
WORST: backlot tour

AK:
-BEST: dinosaur
WORST: safari

and...

US:
-BEST: men in black
-WORST: jaws

IOA:
-BEST: spider-man, but I like almost all of them
-WORST: flying unicorn

overall: spider-man

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Ok... I can only think of the worst epcot one now.

Worst!!!!

True Colors-Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

It’s the most painful, annoying, longest frigging Kodak Commercial, on earth! Make that THE most annoying commercial (out of all of them) on earth!

Just when you think its about to end... IT keeps going... and going...going... and going........going... and going....going... and going....going... and going......going... and going...going... and going......going... and going. THEN!!! The CM's make you smush towards the theater doors... And its people on top of people on top of people... all crowding the doors. I don’t know about you... But, I don’t like smelling some 80-year-old lady (and listening to her complain about her bladder issues), and some 350lb guy named "Butch" :eek:, and getting in very close, intimate quarters with them. :hurl: all the while the commerical keeps going... and going...going... and going........going... and going....going... and going....going... and going......going... and going...going... and going......going... and going.

And what’s the deal with that "True Colors" song... wasn’t that from there ad campaign in the early 1990's? Eh...time to change it, it’s a bit dated, don’t ya think?! Sheesh..you can even tell the film/slides are getting old cause they are starting to turn sepia and loose there color. *Phew* OK...now I feel better! :lol:
:D

DCL

MK:

Best - Space Mountain... it's always great to chill in the dark, cool interior lines when it's hot and humid outside!

Worst - Splash Mountain... the line outside is rediculous, and it moves really slow, plus there's really nothing there to keep you entertained... except for the water fountain.

EPCOT:

Best - Honey I Shrunk the Audience.... me and my roomate sing "True Colors" all the time.. that's one of our favorites!

Worst - Test Track... none of the things they have in the waiting area really impress me... I get really bored waiting to ride

MGM:

Best- Tower of Terror.. the detail put in is amazing, inside and out... it really makes me feel like I'm in a real hotel. I think it's the best job Disney has done.

Worst - Who wants to be a millionaire... If you don't have a fast pass, you just stand outside in the little alley... and no one likes that.

AK:

Best - It's Tough to be a Bug... I love walking up close to the tree, looking at the animals carved into it and then looking at the movie posters inside.. its a fun time!

Worst- Kilamanjaro Safaris... it just doesn't appeal to me. There's really nothing special about it. It's a long walkway, with a couple animals to look at in the beginning, but then nothing... even though I love the guy on the TV

Merlin

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Natelox
I think you people have gotten que's and preshows mixed up.

Some of the best ques are Tower Of Terror and Killiminjaro Safaris, Splash mountain, Big thunder mountain, Kali River Rapids, Pirates of the carribiean etc...

Preshows, IMO, are useless and just slow down the que. While people could be continusly loading into cars they have to be stopped for a preshow which most are usually less than par. The only good preshow is the haunted mansion, but even that slows the que down so much! Everyone could just walk onto the buggys but instead you have to wait for the stretching room.

We'll probably have to just agree to disagree here on the terminology, but according to every Imagineer I've ever met, an elaborate queue IS considered a "preshow". The idea being that Disney wants you to be entertained while you wait for the main show itself. Anything happening during that wait (whether it be an elaborate animatronic display or just a bunch of quotes written on a wall) is considered a preshow.

CaptChris

I think that the Haunted Mansion is the best preshow in MK. The creativity of the stretch room, and the CM are classic and really fill their roles.

I once asked a Haunted Mansion CM how many people can fit in a doom bungy, and she replied in a very somber and loud tone, "two to three "bodies" per vehicle.

It was classic! You don't get that at Six Flags, or Universal.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by CaptChris
I think that the Haunted Mansion is the best preshow in MK. The creativity of the stretch room, and the CM are classic and really fill their roles.

I once asked a Haunted Mansion CM how many people can fit in a doom bungy, and she replied in a very somber and loud tone, "two to three "bodies" per vehicle.

It was classic! You don't get that at Six Flags, or Universal.

That's so true. There is something unique about the CMs on that attraction. Although the Tower of Terror CMs really get into the act as well.

HMGhost13

Best
MK-
Haunted Mansion: part queue, mainly preshow. it sets you up for what you're about to see.

Epcot-
Universe of Energy: It's getting old but it's still quite humorous. Love what they did to this ride.

MGM-
Rock 'N' Roller Coaster: Aerosmith. that's allll i need to say ;)

Animal Kingdom-
None.

Worse
MK-
It's A Small World: Shudder.

Epcot-
Spaceship Earth: *snore*

MGM-
None, to many good ones not to declare as bad.

Animal Kingdom-
Dinosaur: SOMEONE PLEASE SHUT THAT MAN UP!!!!

AndyMagic

Originally posted by DMC-12
Ok... I can only think of the worst epcot one now.

Worst!!!!

True Colors-Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

It’s the most painful, annoying, longest frigging Kodak Commercial, on earth! Make that THE most annoying commercial (out of all of them) on earth!

Just when you think its about to end... IT keeps going... and going...going... and going........going... and going....going... and going....going... and going......going... and going...going... and going......going... and going. THEN!!! The CM's make you smush towards the theater doors... And its people on top of people on top of people... all crowding the doors. I don’t know about you... But, I don’t like smelling some 80-year-old lady (and listening to her complain about her bladder issues), and some 350lb guy named "Butch" :eek:, and getting in very close, intimate quarters with them. :hurl: all the while the commerical keeps going... and going...going... and going........going... and going....going... and going....going... and going......going... and going...going... and going......going... and going.

And what’s the deal with that "True Colors" song... wasn’t that from there ad campaign in the early 1990's? Eh...time to change it, it’s a bit dated, don’t ya think?! Sheesh..you can even tell the film/slides are getting old cause they are starting to turn sepia and loose there color. *Phew* OK...now I feel better! :lol:
:D
LOL This was one of my all time favorite posts! I couldn't agree more. I couldn't believe someone said that this is something Walt would have done! Kodak commercial with a really cheezy song is not something Walt would have done and what does the pre-show have to do with the attraction?? It makes no sense and the True Colors footage should be burned so that no future audience will ever have to be tortured by it again. As for my favorite it would have to be DINOSAUR. I guess I am the only one that likes Dr. Seeker. Someone complained about it being boring on the 50th time. Wouldn't that apply to every pre-show??

FatherForce

Great thread, btw.

Anyway, here goes:

MK:
BEST - Haunted Mansion. The Tombstones, the Picture of Dorian Gray, the stretching room...so very cool.
Honroable mentions - Buzz Lightyear, Alien Encounter ( Better than the actual attraction)

Worst - None that bad actually. Maybe those that are just a que like Jungle Cruise.

Epcot
Best - Cranium Command ( very funny)

Worst - Without a doubt in my mind, the worst, longest, most blatantly commercial tripe ever... Homey I Shrunk the Audience.
YEchhhh

MGM ( the best pre show park)
Best - TOT is amazing. RNRC is a lot of fun and technically impressive, but I'm going to vote for Muppet Movie. I know, I know, it's just so darn silly and creative that I look forward to the pre-show movie as much as I do the 3d movie.

Worst - BAckstage Tour

AK
Best - It's tough to be a bug. It's hard to beat the Tree of Life as a means of killing time in a line.

Worst - Kilamanjaro Safaris - not bad, just could be more.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by AndyMagic
what does the pre-show have to do with the attraction?? It makes no sense and the True Colors footage should be burned so that no future audience will ever have to be tortured by it again.

lol...Thanks... It (the painfully long true colors portion) has absolutely nothing thing to do with the actual show... other than Kodak is the sponsor of that building and has the major film deal with WDW.

magicjay1989

Originally posted by GoCamels

MGM

Best/Worst: Have to save judgement, since we did limited number of attractions in our first visit last July. Mermaid pre-show doesn't do anything for me, and Playhouse is almost like something they slapped together because theres no room for a que

Back befor there was a play house Disney show It was a resturant with sets from some of the more famouse Disney movies like Alandin.

imagineersrock

the best:

mk-alien encounter-no doubt!!

epcot- ellen's energy adventure -ellen is the greatest (TT comes in a close second)

mgm-TIE between TOT and
RNRC (seems to have been overlooked alot in this thread)
IMO these are the 2 best preshows on property

AK- i cant really think of one, the only real preshow is at dinosaur, and its quite dissapointing to be honest

mk-i cant really think of one, not many mk attractions have a preshow, and those that do are done pretty well i.e. haunted mansion, and.....um..... is there anything else lol??

epcot-TIE: living with the land/spaceship earth/maelstorm they all could seriously have used some form of a preshow!

mgm-hmmm... I cant even think of one, thats a good thing i suppose:cool:

AK- look at my 'bests', enough said.

General Grizz

I'll be doing PRESHOWS...not queues. But no "worsts"...

MAGIC KINGDOM:
- Alien Encounter: Preshow #2 -

EPCOT:
- American Adventure: Voices of Liberty -

ANIMAL KINGDOM:
- Countdown to Extinction (are there any others?) -

MGM STUDIOS:
- One Man's Dream (a.k.a. Pre-Film) -

Runners up: Muppet Vision, Carousel of Progress, Timekeeper

dxwwf3

Best in MK

1. Alien Encounter - Doesn't get any better than those two preshows.

2. Haunted Mansion - Everyone should know every word by now :lol:

3. Pirates of the Caribbean - Best queue in the MK.

Best in Epcot

1. Test Track - Best queue in Epcot and a decent show.

2. Universe of Energy - The best thing Ellen has ever done.

3. Figment's Journey Into Imagination - Very well done.

Best in MGM

1. Tower of Terror - Best preshow on property.

2. Muppet Vision 3-D - Maybe the funniest on property.

3. Star Tours - Great queue and gotta love the totally 80's look to the preshow :animwink:

Best in AK

1. Kali River Rapids - Maybe the best queue in Orlando.

2. It's Tough To Be A Bug - Love the songs played before the show

3. Dinosaur - I actually kinda like this preshow

TheOneVader

Magic Kingdom

Best: Space Mountain
Worst: Splash Mountain

Epcot

Best: Test Track
Worst:Living Seas

MGM

Best: Tower of Terror, tied with Rock 'N' RollerCoaster
Worst: Great Movie Ride

Animal Kingdom

Best: Dinosaur (I think they should'a left it Count Down to Extinction)
Worst: It's Tough to Be a Bug

Just for the fun of it, Universal Studios:

Best: MIB Alien Attack
Worst: Not really sure there is a worst...

Islands of Adventure:

Best: Spiderman
Worst: The Incredible Hulk Coaster

MCMike37

Well, I was gonna start a new topic on this, but it already exists. What surprises the heck out of me is that a lot of my choices are flopped from others. They say it is the worst when I think it is the best. And since people through in ride-quese, I'll do that as well.

Best Pre-show (PS)/Queue (Q)
-Magic Kingdom - PS - Alien Encounter/Q - Haunted Mansion (It's short, but I like it. Pirates is a very close second)
-EPCOT - PS - Tie between Living Seas and Cranium Command (I always loved, "And it rained.....and rained....and rained.)/Q - Not too many in EPCOT, I would have to go with O'Canada (Just of note, I actually like the movie at the end of the Malestrom more then the ride itself)
-MGM - PS - Muppets. Freakin' hilarious everytime I see it (Too bad they got rid of the scrolling text thingy:()/Q - Star Tours
-Animal Kingdom PS - Are there any preshows?:lol:/Q - It's Tough To Be A Bug

Bluewaves

Have to get in on this one

Best Preshow ,
MK
TimeKeeper

Epcot
Test Track

MGM
Tower of Terror even the standby line wait time said 13 minutes instead of the standard 15 when the park is empty

AK
Kali River Rapids , feel like your walking through an Asian village

Worst
MK
lets see here, Space Mountain, its a small world, Spalsh Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, thats enough for now

Epcot
The Living Seas, that pavillion hasn't been touched since it opened and now no sea cabs and the last time I was there, there were hardly any fish and the line to get in only has old movie props, boring.

MGM
Great Movie Ride, the same 4 movie clips over and over again if your in the theater for more than 5 minutes you want to scream add some more movies, please!!!!!

AK
I won't bas Primevial Whirl since its not supposed to look like it has a theme or a preshow so I will bash Kilimanjaro Safaris, doesn't feel liek and African village in the load area or the line, feels like you leave Africa take a trip through South America and then end up back on the savannah.

DizneeFanatic

Magic Kingdom
Best- Alien Encounter (RIP) You just cant beat Skippy!
Worst- Splash Mountain just never had enough to look at.

Epcot
Best- Ellen's Energy Adventure has a very funny pre-show, but I think they will soon have to re-shot it with Alex Trebek without a mustache. I also LOVE the True Colors in Honey I Shrunk the Auidence Pre-show.
Worst- Living Seas never really did it for me.

Disney-MGM Studios
Best- Toss-up between Tower of Terror and Star Tours. Thought it is old, I think R2-D2 and C-3PO are great as always.
Worst- Sounds Dangerous pre-show is Disney self-promoting truely run amock. I mean come on, Questions from NYPD Blue and 'what a pilot is'.

Animal Kingdon
Best- Its Tough to Be a Bug is pretty funny and Dinosaur is okay. Animal really needs to make better pre-shows.
Worst- Just about every other pre-show (if there are any, except Kali)

figment1988

here's my list.

for MK
best pre-show - Alien Encounter: S.I.R. and Skippy made this preshow good
worst pre-show - It's a Small World: only thing it does is just give you a sample of the never-ending horror that lies ahead

Epcot
best - Mission Space: with Gary Sinise being the "capcom", i don't need to explain.
worst - Honey, I Shrunk the Audience: even though I enjoyed the "true colors" pre-show, this "new" one's more deserving of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment

MGM Studios
best - TOT: can't argue with that
worst - the backstage studio tour: they need to show more movies

AK
best - Dinosaur: Dr. Seeker's surprise opening is quite funny though
worst - Kilamanjaro safaris: They need to show clips of various animals who are in the endangered list

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom