Best / Worst food you've had at World Showcase

Rufus T Firefly

I used to be a San Angel hater, but my wife talked me into trying it again last month. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised in the food quality this time (chicken enchilada :slurp:) I would dine there again if the opportunity arises. Perhaps the restaurant took all the criticism to heart and made improvements :confused:

lighteningqueen

WORST San Angel Inn and no i did not expect tex mex. I do not care for tex mex.. But expected way more than that mush..It is not like Mexico either...

BEST Teppon Edo

Best counter Sunshine seasons

worldfanatic

Based on food only (within World Showcase)

Best - Le Cellier
It's a step below the top resort restaurants (Jiko, California Grill, Flying Fish, Citrico's, etc.) but can't be beaten by any other restaurant in the parks.

Worst - Biergarten
I was extremely disapointed with the food. I'm a big German food fan. This really let me down.

atsolomon

The best meal I had in the World Showcase was at the Bistro de Paris (upstairs) in 2000. The attention to detail and service was outstanding. I didn't have to touch the wine bottle -- they kept my glass filled, changed silverware between courses, and noticed that I was a lefty, so they didn't move my glassware back to the "correct for the righty" position. The food was amazing. Really one of the best dining experiences of my life.

I ate downstairs in Chefs de France in 2004 and it was also very good indeed, though not the fine dining experience of Bistro.

The boulangerie is also great. One of my favorite world showcase memories is eating a pain au chocolate and drinking a cafe au lait in the movie in France while in Disney on a company paid for trip in 2004.

I had an abysmal meal at the old Alfredo's in Italy. My wife and I still joke about it -- and shudder.

I've had good and bad experiences at San Angel Inn in Mexico. I do love the atmosphere there, though.

Marrakesh has gone downhill. At one time it was the best Moroccan food I'd had in North America. One of my Moroccan coworkers agreed with me -- it used to be spot on, now it's got salmon on the menu, honestly. I would still try to go just for dessert and to watch the belly dancer performance.

I love the noodle house counter service place in Japan (Yakitori House).

And a special shout out to the pub in England. It was the first place I ever drank Guinness -- and I was 17 years old at the time and with my parents! When I ordered a Guinness, the server didn't ask for ID, she asked if I had good teeth! ;-)

Kwit35

We are due a visit in October and a meal here was on our "to do list" too. It looked such a fantastic place!
Is this just a matter of taste or is the food genuinly a bit iffy?
In which case, surely with so many bad reviews, Disney would have remedied the problems!

We ate there for my birthday in 2005, the day before the marathon. Food was great, atmosphere awesome, no bad side effects, and ran my best marathon time ever. Of course that was in 2005. It might have changed since then.

As for favorite: Shwarmas (sp?) in Morroco and Bangers and Mash at the Rose and Crown.
Least favorite...hmm...Electric Umbrella.

tink65

This is a hard one..........there are so many places that we love. I'd have to say best would be Le Cellier. I love their filet and the Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup with sourdough breadsticks is beyond amazing.

Worst: We had the worst meal ever at Chefs de France when we were there in Sept. last year.............

m&mmom

I loved Beirgarten, although I must say I have had better German food. The atmosphere was so much fun and I loved the beer choices. Another great place, although it's no longer there, was the Concourse steak house at the Contempory. My husband and I had such a wonderful meal one year and I was disappointed to see it go.
Although my daughter loves the Princess Breakfast in Norway, the food isn't so great.

captainkidd

Best; not sure............

WORST! - UK Fish & Chips!!! :eek:

Coming from Yorkshire in the UK, about a 20minute drive from the original Harry Ramsdens in Guiseley (the home of real British fish & chips) we have a pretty good idea what we're talking about and I took one bite of it and threw it away!

Awful! :hurl:

I did the same thing. I always wanted to try it for some reason. Took one bite and right into the garbage.

captainkidd

I haven't really had a bad meal at WDW.

Le Cellier is one of our favorites. Tony's Town Square has an amazing Chicken Parm. Sci-Fi is still one of my personal favorites... Atmosphere is superb and food is pretty good. Flame Tree BBQ has a really good pulled pork sandwich!

Worst Disney meal I ever ate was at Blue Bayou.

sorry to drift from the World Showcase theme.

See, I had their chicken parm and thought it was awful.:confused:

Phonedave

I have eaten in San Angel Inn a number of times.

IN my experience, it has been hit or miss depending on the menu item.

I have ordered an appitizer and been very happy with it (tortilla soup) and then had an entree (some sort of steak, which one escapes me right now) that left me wondering how those two dishes could have come out of the same kitchen.

I like the atmosphere, and the service has always been average if not better (However I did not need a lesson about how Oxaca cheese is "the best cheese in all of Mexico"). I just seems that the food can be a crap shoot.

-dave

durangojim

Best was the escargot that they have in France at the kiosk during the Food and Wine Festival -- I couldn't get enough. Worst was the shrimp rice pancake thing at the China Kiosk during the Food and Wine festival -- bland and HORRIBLE texture. I felt like I was eating congealed vomit.:zipit:

durangojim

I have eaten in San Angel Inn a number of times.

IN my experience, it has been hit or miss depending on the menu item.

I have ordered an appitizer and been very happy with it (tortilla soup) and then had an entree (some sort of steak, which one escapes me right now) that left me wondering how those two dishes could have come out of the same kitchen.

I like the atmosphere, and the service has always been average if not better (However I did not need a lesson about how Oxaca cheese is "the best cheese in all of Mexico"). I just seems that the food can be a crap shoot.

-dave

IMO San Angel used to be one of the most wonderful places to dine at EPCOT. The atmosphere was great and the service was top notch. The waitstaff used to take pride in how they would serve you and back when they had queso fundido (sp?) and the server would prepare it for you and serve it with gusto it was a great experience. Then about 10 years ago things (like so many things unfortunately) started to decline, the service became more average and the removed things from the menu. Now I think it's OK with some occaisonal good dishes like the duck tacos, but definately not what it used to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom