Best Western Lake Buena Vista Expansion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This hotel has an opening date, October 27, 2022. Only part of it will be available, with the rest completed in spring 2023.

Here's a link to the press release with more information: https://www.druryhotels.com/about/p...tel-orlando-lake-buena-vista-nears-completion

This should be a very solid addition to the Disney Springs area.
The rooms in the original tower weren't so luxe. Felt more like a motel.

Hope the new rooms are better and they use the opportunity to refresh the original tower room.

But... it was convenient being able to walk to DS and get in the bubble.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando - Disney Springs is now open.

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 2.43.52 PM.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Mid January $213 all in with breakfast, drinks and snacks at 5:30 and close to the parks?
Disney needs to be concerned
There's even cheaper rooms at that hotel, which is typical with the Disney Springs hotels.

They usually get you with a parking fee ($25/day) and resort fee (usually $20-$30/day).

I'm surprised, tho, that Drury is "waiving" the resort fee.

Disney Springs hotels have their own shuttles to the parks (multiple stops). If you have a car, you can just drive to the parks. Or get a Ride-Hailing lift. Or walk to the nearest Saratoga stop to get in the bubble (and be dropped off at Disney Springs going back).

I stayed there years ago, and the rooms were very dated and dingy. I hope they renovated all the tower rooms when they added the extension.

JoeCamel

There's even cheaper rooms at that hotel, which is typical with the Disney Springs hotels.

They usually get you with a parking fee ($25/day) and resort fee (usually $20-$30/day).

I'm surprised, tho, that Drury is "waiving" the resort fee.

Disney Springs hotels have their own shuttles to the parks (multiple stops). If you have a car, you can just drive to the parks. Or get a Ride-Hailing lift. Or walk to the nearest Saratoga stop to get in the bubble (and be dropped off at Disney Springs going back).

I stayed there years ago, and the rooms were very dated and dingy. I hope they renovated all the tower rooms when they added the extension.
I have stayed other Drury property and they tout the free parking so maybe they will control but discount it

MrPromey

View attachment 684158

At first, I thought the link here on the front page was a new render of the DVC coming to Seven Seas...

Disstevefan1

View attachment 684158

Free hot breakfast every morning and Free 5:30 Kickback® in the evening. Nice.

TrainsOfDisney

Free hot breakfast every morning and Free 5:30 Kickback® in the evening. Nice.
For those that haven’t stayed at a Drury - the free hot breakfast is similar to, or better than what most hotels charge for a breakfast buffet. It’s a legit hot breakfast buffet (still mass produced food of course) with several options.

The kickback includes wine and beer at the bar (you usually get a card for 2-3 drinks per adult guest in the room), and is a small dinner with a salad bar, baked potatoes, hot dogs, etc.

Drury’s are quite nice and usually a good value. They are privately owned so just like chik-fil-a, in-n-out, etc. they can run the business anyway they want and provide exceptional service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom