Best Western Lake Buena Vista Expansion

CJR

Interesting, I remember reading on the OBJ a while back that it got bought by Drury Hotels with the intention to rebrand, but then nothing happened. Wonder if this might be a step in that direction.

JoeCamel

Interesting, I remember reading on the OBJ a while back that it got bought by Drury Hotels with the intention to rebrand, but then nothing happened. Wonder if this might be a step in that direction.
That would be better. Drury knows how to run a house.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A South Florida Water Management District permit was filed for this today. It will be a14 story tower attached to the existing tower.

1534168821094.png

CJR

So, they're building a new tower (which I read on the OBJ will be a Drury Plaza Hotel) and pool, then closing the existing hotel for renovation and building a conference center where the current pool is. It's going to be pretty massive, from the look of it.

CJR

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

Disney owns the land and leases it to them.
not the Walgreens and 7-11. On property appraiser site it shows Walgreens as actual owner. Or like other leases where Disney is still owner. Other areas in Flamingo yes, because it is owned by Flamingo Crossings, LLC which is owned by Disney.
Below is from my phone showing owner named on property. I can get better details from computer later.
96CFD4B1-2FFA-465F-BD2F-28D9BE1A9F48.png

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
not the Walgreens and 7-11. On property appraiser site it shows Walgreens as actual owner. Or like other leases where Disney is still owner. Other areas in Flamingo yes, because it is owned by Flamingo Crossings, LLC which is owned by Disney.
Below is from my phone showing owner named on property. I can get better details from computer later.
View attachment 435541

Why are you bringing up Flamingo's Crossing? This is about the Disney Springs area property, no? The property where the Best Western of this thread's topic is being built, no?

Rob562

Just wanted to bump this since I saw some news related to this project. Somehow I missed it when the news came out earlier this month, but it looks like the Drury Plaza Hotel is official.

Here's the article from the Orlando Business Journal: https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...rings-to-get-new-604-roomhotel-heres-the.html

Here's the hotel's webpage: https://www.druryhotels.com/locations/orlando-fl/drury-plaza-hotel-orlando-lake-buena-vista

Stayed at the Best Western a couple weeks ago. Lots of construction, the hallway leading to the stairwell where the new building connects was walled off on each floor.

We asked for a room away from the construction, which meant we were facing across Hotel Plaza Blvd toward the B and Holiday Inn with the highway beyond. (But with the thick sliding door, the room was practically silent)

Our room was basic, large and clean, but it definitely needs to be refurbed. At an average of $100+tax across our stay, it was worth the savings.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom