Best WDW tip or secret learned from WDWmagic?

EPCOT.nut

The rehabs and ride/attraction closures. All the trip planning. That is the value in this site if you just want tips about WDW, and those are the tips I really use on my trips.

olmec26

There's so much cool stuff, but Martin's tribute video to JII where he shows you where the original track is still under the floor was pretty cool...thanks, Martin! :wave:

durangojim

Mine was from a couple of years ago and isn't valid anymore. I learned that you could use fast passes that had expired from previous dates, even months before. Ahh, the good old days.:drevil:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Where do you begin................... :confused:

I've learnt so much from this site and all the contributors who throw in bits of info here and there. It really is appreciated when it comes to planning future trips.

Philo

I've learned so much stuff from these forums but I have to say that the single most useful tip is to make ADR's 180 days out. Might sound kinda stupid but for the first time visitor you just don't know that you *need* to do that. Having a few ADR's really makes the whole trip a lot nicer - my Wife is veggie and on any normal holiday I hate having to wonder round restaurant after restaurant checking what she can eat and then hoping that we can get seated. In the ever busy Disney World this just puts a bit of a downer on the evening.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
1 - Make ADRs :slurp:
2 - AP, FL Res, General Discount codes - the day they come out :wave:
3 - Free dining - I never knew about it before I came here :sohappy:
there's a lot more, but it's early and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet...

DiPSU224

I don't think I can pick just one thing. The general knowledge and passion some of the members of this board have blow my mind. I'd like to think my obsession of Disney has been fueled by these forums.

I loved that list someone complied a few years ago with all the hidden details found in the parks...I need to find that thread again....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The best thing I have learned from this site was the availability of the DDE card. That little piece of plastic has saved me more money at WDW than I can count.

The next best thing would be Kingdom Konsultants. I use to do all the room and dining reservations myself and then wait for the discount codes to come out then frantically try to rebook. Now I send an e-mail to Marie give her my days and resort preferences and then wait for my trip knowing that they will rebook for me and I will never overpay for a room at WDW again.

The runners up:
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Yee Haw Bob
Trails End Buffet
Off Kilter
COP
American Adventure

WDFAN1977

I have to say all the valuable tips that people have provided me over the years. :D
moz-screenshot.jpg

lilclerk

Definitely making ADRs, I never would have thought of that when planning my first "adult" trip, and just trip planning in general. This site has a wealth of Disney knowledge, you can learn so much here.

DisneyNut7578

Oh wow, the list is endless. I think something I learned recently was that not only does the MK have an 'opening' ceremony, but the other three parks have them as well. We ended up adjusting our schedules so we could go see the other openings! I had NO idea! :)

jjgoo

My DW and I never knew about (or took notice of) Dole Whips and Dole Whip Floats before hearing about them on WDWmagic. Now we are big fans and tell everyone going that they need to go get one.

Next up to try Strawberry Swirl (never knew about that either) hopefully they will be back.

Of course there are other things like free dining, but I think the Dole Whip is on the top of the list.

ewensell3

...how to order in-park-only souvenirs after your trip. Madam Leota's cart was closed due to rain during the last day of our visit. I really wanted a "DOOM-BUGY" license plate. WDWmagic had the E-mail address and phone number to merchandising. An E-mail, a phone call, and a two week wait and I got my "DOOM-BUGY", albeit at twice the price due to shipping.

In hindsight I wish I had gotten a couple more items on the order, but ahwell... Live and learn.

PotteryGal

The most useful thing for us this last trip was being encouraged by people here to rent a golf cart at Ft Wilderness - that place is huge, and it sure saved us time and energy to have one. Became my husband's favorite toy. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom