Best WDW Restaurants #1: Magic Kingdom

NickWilde

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I have a question for you: What are some of the best restaurants at the Magic Kingdom? (In your opinion, of course.) There will be other posts over time that cover the other 3 parks, the resorts and DS.

GabeP

speaking in terms of the Kingdom, your best bets are likely the new Skipper Canteen in AL and Be Our Guest in FL. A case could be made for Liberty Tree and maybe the new menu at the Horseshoe will attract more people. For character dining, Cinderella's Royal Table can't be beat.

HouCuseChickie

Skipper Canteen and Crystal Palace strictly for breakfast would get my votes. CRT and BOG get nods for atmosphere, but I think we've eaten at CRT 3x and BOG 4x and nothing has ever been WOW beyond that atmosphere.

durangojim

I hate to say it but pretty much all Magic Kingdom restaurants are lacking in terms of food quality, although Skipper Canteen is probably the best in terms of that.

StarshipDisney

We have tried Liberty Tree Tavern, Be Our Guest, and Cinderella's Royal Table all more than once. Our favorite is Liberty Tree Tavern.

We don't have kids so the Cinderella's Royal Table characters really meant little to us. Food was okay, nothing great. It was nostalgic to eat inside the castle though and is why we did it twice.

Be Our Guest was overhyped to us. It again was okay but after all I heard about the "gourmet cupcakes" I was greatly disappointed in the dessert each time. It was truly nothing but a cupcake. I've had better at home.

Liberty Tree Tavern is also "okay" food but it is all you can eat and to us it is the best value by far. You get three meats (again all you can eat) and a nice selection of sides to choose from. Opinions and taste will vary but we pretty much target Liberty Tree Tavern on every trip now. Doubt we will ever try the others.

Kristopher Rannells

I think it depends on the meal. Crystal Palace has the best breakfast. Be Our Guest is our favorite lunch, but thought the food quality at dinner was bad. For dinner we like Liberty Tree, with that sticky ooey goodness of a dessert. To be fair we have not tried Skipper's because the menu just doesn't appeal to us.

drwadadli

QS - Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
TS - Be Our Guest

We typically don't eat much at MK except for snacks as a Dole Whip or QS at Pecos Bill or Columbia House. The only TS we have tried at MK is BOG.

Darkseid

I'm a little stuck between Liberty Tree Tavern and Skipper Canteen. I've had multiple good meals at LTT. I have only been to Skipper Canteen once, but it was a great meal and experience, probably better than any that I have had at LTT. So I guess I will choose Skipper Canteen.

crxbrett

Skipper Canteen is definitely my favorite. It's been too long since I did the Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace or Tony's, so I can't be certain of those anymore. I had Pecos Bill's last year and thought it was decent. Not great, but for QS it was definitely okay. The Columbia Harbour House has some decent food too and is always a nice spot I like to retreat to on hot summer days.

mmelka

I've only ever eaten at the Skipper Canteen for sit down service within the MK. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the atmosphere is not to be missed if you are a fan of Adventureland - minus the Aladdin ride.

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
My favorite is a Crystal Palace breakfast with characters before the park opens... but I wouldn't call it the "best"

I think for me the best would have to be Cinderella's Royal Table. It's just too magical eating INSIDE the castle! (Skipper Canteen would be a close second!)

Dutch Inn '76

I think it depends on the meal. Crystal Palace has the best breakfast. Be Our Guest is our favorite lunch, but thought the food quality at dinner was bad. For dinner we like Liberty Tree, with that sticky ooey goodness of a dessert. To be fair we have not tried Skipper's because the menu just doesn't appeal to us.

I agree with every bit of this post - except - I have been to Skipper's Canteen, and it's the best "restaurant" at the MK. Go to Crystal Palace for breakfast, and if you want to see Pooh & Tigger. Go to BOG for lunch. The dinner at Liberty Tree is excellent for folks that are picky eaters. It's like Thanksgiving dinner; everyone likes it.

I should add that Cinderella's Royal Table is the best atmosphere at WDW, complete with princesses, IN THE CASTLE. It's a beautiful room. But the best food in the park is at Skippers. If been three times and every time the food was good.

Barcoco

I enjoyed BOG for breakfast but thought dinner was a huge let-down. Our table was far too large for our party of six - it felt like we were really far apart and had to yell across at each other. The food wasn't particularly well prepared and don't get me started on the grey stuff...

Had a very good dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Service was great and we enjoyed all the food. Really want to try Skipper Canteen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom