Best WDW Podcast?

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
Wow, I never realized how many WDW podcasts iTunes has :eek:

Anybody have any recommendations on which is the best?

Foolish Mortal

Try these: The Dis Unplugged, Inside the Magic, The WDW Radio Show and WDW Today. The Dis Unplugged can be a bit more adult oriented but it's absolutely hysterical. Either way you can't go wrong with any of these. They all have their pro's and cons but they are all entertaining.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Im curious to hear some opinions about this as well. The one that I tend to lean towards is Inside the Magic. I have just been listening to it the longest, so it is the one I stick with. It would be great to hear some other opinions though.

Atomicmickey

I have tried them all, I listen in on some from time to time,
but . . . .

WDW Today

Is the one I never miss. Great cameraderie, fast paced, informative, funny,
I can't say enough.

I am in no way affiliated with the show or the hosts or anything. I'm just
hooked on that show.

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
I have tried them all, I listen in on some from time to time,
but . . . .

WDW Today

Is the one I never miss. Great cameraderie, fast paced, informative, funny,
I can't say enough.

I am in no way affiliated with the show or the hosts or anything. I'm just
hooked on that show.

just checked out WDW Today, and it's great! thanks! :D

WDWFigment

Of the four to which I listen, my ratings would go like this:

T1. WDWRadio - extremely informative, great trivia and history, often features 'big name' guests, although I think Lou gushes over some of those guests a bit too much and rarely says anything critical of Disney.

T1. WDW Today - shorter episodes (but more frequent), great comraderie, and humorous.

3. Inside the Magic - Evaluates with a critical eye, very informative; however, is very verbose and rambles at times.

4. Magical Definitions - Jim Hill is a wealth of Disney knowledge (regardless of what you think of his rumor site); however, Nathan Rose is an annoying know-it-all who nearly ruins the show.

I would be curious to see more than just lists by others. Perhaps a sentence as to why you like the show. That probably would be more helpful in assisting others determine what shows might suit their interests and personality.

dh999

The WDW Radio Show is the only one I listen to. Lou has so much information and great interviews. I listen while I drive from job to job for work. However, I am going to check the others out because I can't get enough WDW information.

donvincenzo

T1. WDWRadio - extremely informative, great trivia and history, often features 'big name' guests, although I think Lou gushes over some of those guests a bit too much and rarely says anything critical of Disney.

T1. WDW Today - shorter episodes (but more frequent), great comraderie, and humorous.

I pretty much agree with all this. These are the two that I listen to on a consistent basis.

WDW Radio is the one I've listened to the longest. I really enjoy when
Lou discusses the history and background of an attraction or parks or something similar. I like the Top 10's too. Sometimes he has topics that don't really interest me, and seeing as how the shows are for the most part always at least an hour, I'll skip those ones. My enjoyment of the interviews is hit or miss. Also, as mentioned, he is rarely critical of anything Disney related (Come on, he said he LOVED the Stitch Celebration thing :lol:), but these minor faults don't take away from the fact that this is a great podcast, one of the best.

While WDW Radio might be better produced and more "professional", I think I like WDW Today slightly more. They don't hold back on being critical, they are clearly passionate on the things they like, and, again as mentioned, the camaraderie between the guys is great. The show can be laugh out loud funny when you start to understand the personalities of the guys. I especially find Len hilarious, I think we have a similar sense of humor. Usually 3 episodes a week, ranging from 15-20 minutes to around a half hour each.

EPCOT Explorer

I used to be a fan of Lou Mongello's but lately, it's been more of a hassle to listen to him, as all he does is talk food and rarely gets to the news.:shrug::lookaroun

I'm fine with getting my news from here and other places.:D

WDWFigment

I used to be a fan of Lou Mongello's but lately, it's been more of a hassle to listen to him, as all he does is talk food and rarely gets to the news.:shrug::lookaroun

That's another thing that can be grating at times. Sometimes I want to send an email that says 'we get the point, you like to incorporate food into everything (and like to point out that you like to incorporate it into everything'. It seems he talks about it just for the sake of talking about it sometimes.

That said, his show is excellent and these are all minor complaints. Moreover, I will gladly take a slightly sanitized show if that means Disney feeding him their 'celebrity' guests. No other show has guests that even come close.

danv3

WDW Today and WDW Radio are also 1A and 1B for me. I gave up on the DIS Unplugged...couldn't take the rants any more. But if you want one that won't hold back, that could be it.

Also want to give a shout out to ____________, although episodes are few and far between lately. :shrug:

(Edit: I guess I can't mention that last one by name? Weird.)

EPCOT Explorer

That's another thing that can be grating at times. Sometimes I want to send an email that says 'we get the point, you like to incorporate food into everything (and like to point out that you like to incorporate it into everything'. It seems he talks about it just for the sake of talking about it sometimes.

That said, his show is excellent and these are all minor complaints. Moreover, I will gladly take a slightly sanitized show if that means Disney feeding him their 'celebrity' guests. No other show has guests that even come close.

True, and his fans, too.:rolleyes::lol:

I STRONGLY suspect that he is working with/for Disney. Very strongly.

EPCOT Explorer

Right from when I started listening and for a long time, I really thought it was an official Disney World podcast.

He is VERY professional, I give him that...

...but lately, the over saturation of Pixie Dust, is even much for me.:lookaroun:eek::lol: Makes me suspect he is working for Disney, and is only promoting, now, not giving opinion.... Which is what I wanted in a Podcast.

Maybe I'm too much of a Doom and Gloomer?:lol:

WDWFigment

He is VERY professional, I give him that...

...but lately, the over saturation of Pixie Dust, is even much for me.:lookaroun:eek::lol: Makes me suspect he is working for Disney, and is only promoting, now, not giving opinion.... Which is what I wanted in a Podcast.

Maybe I'm too much of a Doom and Gloomer?:lol:

I have suspected the same. But you know what, and despite my minor complaints, I love his show. If being overly positive means he gets some of the awesome guests he has had, then so be it. I can form my own opinions about the news, I can't have a conversation with George McGinnis, Richard Sherman, or any of the other countless Disney Legends he has had on the show. I will take those guests hands down over a show with teeth if it's one or the other. I strongly suspect Disney wouldn't allow those individuals to do interviews on his show if he were constantly critical of Disney.

In any case, like I said, they are minor complaints. His show is still tied for #1 in my book. In any case, I know I couldn't make a podcast 1/100th that good, so I should probably shut up. I only offer my sentiments as an objective review, not to bash Lou. I think he and his show are great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom