Best WDW Podcast?

EPCOT Explorer

I have suspected the same. But you know what, and despite my minor complaints, I love his show. If being overly positive means he gets some of the awesome guests he has had, then so be it. I can form my own opinions about the news, I can't have a conversation with George McGinnis, Richard Sherman, or any of the other countless Disney Legends he has had on the show. I will take those guests hands down over a show with teeth if it's one or the other. I strongly suspect Disney wouldn't allow those individuals to do interviews on his show if he were constantly critical of Disney.

In any case, like I said, they are minor complaints. His show is still tied for #1 in my book. In any case, I know I couldn't make a podcast 1/100th that good, so I should probably shut up. I only offer my sentiments as an objective review, not to bash Lou. I think he and his show are great.

Not bashing him at all!....It's just, I have a very short patience for the internet. :)lookaroun) I must admit, I have stopped listening. Not becuase of lack of professionalism, I just want to hear more about food and pixie dust.

But, if people like it, let them...He's doing something very good for the WDC. And, when he does have a awesome guest on (Like Julie Andrews! WOW!) I'll tune in.

EDITS for all the spelling and grammar issues. Sheesh.

donvincenzo

His show is definitely the best produced one, we gotta give him credit for that. And I don't think any of us are being too harsh, I still download his show every week, and still say it's one of the best. But I did enjoy his earlier episodes more than the ones that have been coming out lately. Seems to be a lot of topics that don't interest me much. However, I did really enjoy his segment on queues a few weeks back...

Disney_Freak429

I listen to the laughingplace.com podcast all the time. I just find it to be a lot of fun & can be quite funny. It's like talking with a group of Disney friends which makes it a blast to listen to. The people on itunes that said it has "bad/loud audio" they are just way to picky & don't value the content more.

Atomicmickey

Until Stacey from the "Must-Sees" gets her own podcast, I guess Lou will have to do. I find him waaaay too enthusiastic, in a false sort of way.
I do listen in from time to time, but only when I really need an additional fix of
WDW.

DonaldD1987

I listen to 4 shows... (in no order)

1. The Disney Pincast
2. Inside the Magic
4. WDW Radio Show

They are all really good, cant miss a week or any of them.

David

In no particular order:

WDW Today--short and to the point
WDW Radio--can get a little long winded sometimes, but greag guests
The Dis--probably the most non-biased of the three

EPCOT Explorer

His show is definitely the best produced one, we gotta give him credit for that. And I don't think any of us are being too harsh, I still download his show every week, and still say it's one of the best. But I did enjoy his earlier episodes more than the ones that have been coming out lately. Seems to be a lot of topics that don't interest me much. However, I did really enjoy his segment on queues a few weeks back...
He had a whole episode on The Land, once, and that was awesome. He should do that more often...:shrug:
Until Stacey from the "Must-Sees" gets her own podcast, I guess Lou will have to do. I find him waaaay too enthusiastic, in a false sort of way.
I do listen in from time to time, but only when I really need an additional fix of
WDW.
Yep...

But will obnoxious Stacy be any less enthusiastic?:lookaroun:lol:

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
Just realized there's a difference between WDW Today and :hammer:

I haven't seen listed here too much, and I highly recommend it. The podcasts aren't daily, more like weekly, but it's very fun, informative and a good listen

Check it out! :wave:

Springer

WDW Today! Informative and funny.

Favorite used to be Inside the Magic but recent changes to the podcast have downplayed some of the best segments (ride-throughs, That Anonymous Guy and Backstage Pass). Apart from the great host, that leaves more time for another regular contributor to the show who seems to think the podcast is more about him, and less about WDW.:brick:

tomman710

The three I listen to are (in no particular order):

**WDW Radio Show - This show is technically the best in terms of production values, editing, and guests. Lou definitely makes a very capable and engaging host but I agree with the other posters in that he tends to think everything is amazing that Disney does ... in one episode I believe he even gushed about Stitch's Supersonic Celebration ... come on!

**WDW Today - This show is short and to the point and there is a nice interchange between the hosts. The only drawback I find is the main host is meh and often scattered in his thoughts. However, Len Testa is awesome and he is often on the show. He should do his own.

**Netc0t Podcast - This would be my favorite but Van is not consistent enough with producing shows. He is funny, informative, and isn't afraid to say how he feels about something within the parks he loves.

coolmark18

Never miss an episode of WDWToday. Totally awesome podcast.
Try to listen to Inside The Magic and the DisUnplugged but because im so busy, if I miss it, I'm not as fussed.

sgshredder33

The only podcast I watch religiously is WDW today. The live shows are great because you can chat with the hosts. I can never listen to an episode with out laughing. All of the hosts bring their own oppinions to the table, The only thing I can sugest is to check out their wiki or listen to their earlier podcast because the show is alot of inside jokes. I hope that helped

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom