Best way to get to the BW from the Pop?

sophie_the_pooh

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to get to the Boardwalk from the Pop Century resort, using the Disney bus service? Disney's guest services answered that I had to take a bus to Downtown Disney, and then another one to the Boardwalk, but it seems to me that they just want to make me do some more shopping...!!! Is it possible to take a bus to MGM or Epcot and walk?

Thanks!:)

rainfully

If you took a bus to Epcot.. you would have to walk THROUGH Epcot to get to BW... keept that in mind.

You can bus it to Studios and walk... but keep in mind that it is a bit of a hike.. especially on a hot humid day.

And yes, the standard answer to get from one resort to the other is to go to DTD and transfer busses.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

If you took a bus to Epcot.. you would have to walk THROUGH Epcot to get to BW... keept that in mind.

You can bus it to Studios and walk... but keep in mind that it is a bit of a hike.. especially on a hot humid day.

And yes, the standard answer to get from one resort to the other is to go to DTD and transfer busses.

I suppose you could also bus to the Studios and take their water launch to Boardwalk, that might be kinda scenic, it would just depend on how busy the water launches are at that time, it might be faster to walk (but again, the heat...)

You could also bus to MK or AK and then take a bus to Boardwalk from there, to cut down on the shopping urge. Bear in mind, however, that the CM may have suggested DTD only because those buses tend to run longer than buses going to/from parks. If the parks close at 9 or 10, they may have buses running till 11 or midnight. DTD buses run much later than that. So if your plan was to make an evening out of going to Boardwalk, dinner, Atlantic Dance or Jellyrolls, staying till closing, then you'd have to use transportation to DTD anyway for the way back. To that end, maybe to keep is simple, the CM may have suggested DTD.

Or, they're told to always suggest DTD to get you to shop more. :D

Upvote 0

njblackberry

I know you specifically asked about the buses, but a cab may be the quickest - by far...

If not, follow the earlier suggestion and take a bus to the Studios, then walk over to the launch. Or walk the path from the Studios back over to the BW. It's about a 15-20 minute walk.

Upvote 0

sophie_the_pooh

Original Poster
Well, I guess I might have to stick with the CM's suggestion and go through DTD... More shopping in Disney can never be a bad thing...!!! :sohappy:

Although I might try the boat, if it's not to crowded, since I've never tried it before...

Thanks for your answers!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Last weekend we stayed at Pop, and actually had to help 2 different parties with this same problem. One was a young family with 6 month old twins, and the other was a young couple whose wife was in a wheelchair. Both had assumed that they could just catch the boat to the Boardwalk from Epcot (which you can) but neither understood that it meant walking through the entire park to the International Gateway exit, then waiting for the boat, then a very slow boat ride. Both parties were quite pressed for time, and had no idea how long this would take. The DTD suggestion is probably the best way to do this by bus, but time-wise, a taxi is the quickest.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

what great about your MGM idea is you don't have to enter the park (mgm). It not a big deal if you have unlimted access to the parks....ie parkhopper. But if you weren't planning on entering the parks then it's a cost.

Upvote 0

Fantasia freak

as a bus driver, i will tell you. pick any bus going to a park that is open or downtown. but from epcot or studios it means a boat ride from the park. we generaly try to tell you the closest one to your resort or destination. downtown is closer to CB and boardwalk than MK or AK. Heres a secret. if you are the only guests on the bus.(usually near park closing when noone is going to the park) we will usually drop you off where you need to go on our way back, but ONLY if you are the only guests onboard, and if its on the way. port orleans to polynesian is not on my way if im going to AK. but the Epcot resorts are. keep that in mind around 5 pm - 7pm when AK busses run empty back to AK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom