Best way to get to Magic Kingdom from The Swan?

ForEver2016

Original Poster
We are trying to come up with the best way to get from MK from The Swan. The thing is that we will have a 9 month old baby with, so we want to make sure to have as quick an exit strategy as possible should a meltdown occur.

Should we:

A) Take the bus?

OR

B) Park and take the tram/monorail in?

How long does each process take? Would getting preferred parking cut down on the time?

DisneyPrincess5

Remember that if you choose the monorail route, the monorail is far from the Swan in the front of the park, so it's quite a hike back to your resort. Especially with a little one, along with their parents, who may have had it! The bus, or I guess an Uber, is your best option aside from driving yourself if able which kinda stinks too. The bus would be fastest albeit not as quick as you'd probably like.

Minnie Mum

With an infant, nothings ideal. You might have to wait up to 20 minutes for a bus to arrive, with no guarantee of a place to sit. Driving means parking, then walking or a tram ride to the TTC, then waiting for the ferry or monorail. Uber to the Contemporary would be fastest, but then there's the matter of getting one with an infant car seat.

graphite1326

Use the bus.

Or you could take the boat to EPCOT. Walk through and out the exit. Grab the monorail to MK.

Or drive over to EPCOT and grab the monorail.

Or if you are really worried and are driving anyway; Drive there.

After all this: I would use the bus.

Last edited:

ForEver2016

Original Poster
Ok so I am a total newbie here and have never been to the Magic Kingdom as an adult.

I am a little confused by the suggestions to take the Monorail from Epcot. We don't have park hopper tickets, would we have to enter Epcot to do this?

Also, I see on the Disney website that one can purchase a "preferred" parking pass for $40 as opposed to the standard one for $20. Would this put me closer to the park?

graphite1326

If you are staying at the Swan, you are about 5 miles from MK. The monorail does not go to the Swan only EPCOT & MK. To get on the monorail from swan you would have to go thru EPCOT or drive to the EPCOT parking lot and then get on the monorail. When you get to TTC you would have to transfer to the MK monorail. Really the only choices you have is the bus or drive there.

I have never had a car there so I can't help with the parking pass.

Minnie Mum

Ok so I am a total newbie here and have never been to the Magic Kingdom as an adult.

I am a little confused by the suggestions to take the Monorail from Epcot. We don't have park hopper tickets, would we have to enter Epcot to do this?

Also, I see on the Disney website that one can purchase a "preferred" parking pass for $40 as opposed to the standard one for $20. Would this put me closer to the park?
Forget the Epcot monorail, especially if you don't have park hopper, because yes, you would need them.

Preferred parking only gets you c!oser to the TTC. There is no tram service there, so you will still have a walk. And then you still have to take either the ferry or the monorail to get to MK.

If you don't want to Uber, then the bus will be the simplest way.

MSC

Bus. No question.

If you wanted to drive, though, I think that parking is free since the Swan is a Disney resort for that purpose. But, as others have said, parking involves a tram and a boat or monorail and everything those transfers entail with an infant.

In short: take the bus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom