Best viewing of MK fireworks

We are heading to WDW in a couple of weeks (okay, 23 days, 22 1/2 hours). My wife and I have never found a really great place from which to view the MK fireworks. We know our spot in EPCOT, and Fantasmic is a no-brainer. But we haven't been really satisfied with any of the vantage points we've tried so far.

So, all you experts, where do you suggest we stand (or even, dare I suggest, sit) for the best fireworks view?

Scooter

My wife and I like to stand on Main Street by Caseys to watch the fireworks at MK. We like having the castle right in front of them. It's very romantic...but if it's just a good view of the fireworks themselves that you want, stand right by the Liberty Bell in Liberty Square. The fireworks are right above you and seem to be all around you. If you have small children with you be forewarned, it gets quite loud there and some children get scared and complain about the noise. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Beauty and the
Last time we where in Disney we watched the fireworks from the Californian Grill at the Contemporary superb, the food wasn't bad either:animwink:

I too watched the fireworks from the California Grill... and the best thing is that they pipe the music in to the restaurant so you get a real great experience.

Upvote 0

bjshade23

We have found a couple of great spots. One of them is back in Fronterland on the bridge and you see the fireworks over the trees back there. The other spot is one the either the bridge from Adventureland and Liberty Square. Those are my favorte spots.
I was just wondering you say you have your spot for Epoct, I was just wondering where that would be?:lookaroun

Upvote 0

1000th_Guest

Original Poster
Originally posted by bjshade23
I was just wondering you say you have your spot for Epoct, I was just wondering where that would be?:lookaroun

We stay near one of the docks across from the American Adventure. We are always there early. We get a great, unobstructed view of the fireworks. After they turn down the lights from the dock, it's really dark. After they stop running the boats, it was easy to listen to the way-la's of the ToN parade.

On a different note, I'm excited to see the ToD parade, in spite of some negative comments on other threads.

Thanks, everybody, for the suggestions. We'll file trip report or two when we're back. We should have quite a bit to say after 20 days.

Upvote 0

Smee

Sit on the deck at the Plaza Pavillion in T-Land, Tinker Bell flys right over your head and the view of the castle and fireworks is great, you can even see the reflection in the castle moat. food and drink as well.

Upvote 0

radioandy

Not the best spot, but for convenience if you're in a hurry to beat the crowd out, the Transportation Center's not bad. You can watch the show without looking straight up, and they have speakers so you can still hear the soundtrack. Best of all, you don't have to fight the mob rushing the monorails/ferries.

Upvote 0

markymark

Originally posted by radioandy
Not the best spot, but for convenience if you're in a hurry to beat the crowd out, the Transportation Center's not bad. You can watch the show without looking straight up, and they have speakers so you can still hear the soundtrack. Best of all, you don't have to fight the mob rushing the monorails/ferries.

Yeah! I agree "radio", we did that last summer, it was really nice to see the whole of the MK plus the lake, hotels etc..

Upvote 0

castmember

Originally posted by Smee
Sit on the deck at the Plaza Pavillion in T-Land, Tinker Bell flys right over your head and the view of the castle and fireworks is great, you can even see the reflection in the castle moat. food and drink as well.

The Plaza Pavillion area is reserved for a Special Fireworks Viewing Area and you must have a special ticket to sit there. (These tickets are for guests who purchase their vacation packages through AAA or the Walt Disney Travel Company. Some restrictions apply).

My favorite spot to watch the fireworks is on the bridge that connects Main Street to Tomorrowland.

Upvote 0

dwldzm9

Plaza Pavillion

castmember,

I was not aware of needing special tickets to sit at the plaza pav. for the fireworks show. I sat there last christmas when I was there, although it was MVMCP, so that might have made a difference. Is this something new that they have started in the last year? I was hoping to sit there again this year, since it is a great view & was close to the hot cocoa and cookies!!!!:slurp:

Upvote 0

Flower

This is in no way a good view but we had a blast anyway.

Two weeks ago when we were there, we watched Spectromagic right by the stockade in Liberty Square. The park closed at 7:00 and it was 6:50. We made a beeline for BTM and got right on. During the ride, the FW started. How beautiful and fun. We got done with that ride and they were boarding the final ride for the day. We asked if we could just stay in our seats since the train was not full, they said sure and off we went to catch the rest of the the FW.

While the view wasn't the best, it wasn't bad. But it was a blast on the roller coaster whizzing through the night with an awesome Disney FW display going as we enjoyed our last ride.

I highly recommend it!:sohappy: :sohappy:

I think that's what they call "Disney Magic!"

Upvote 0

dwldzm9

speaking of FW

Flower,

I know what you mean! Two summers ago I was at DL in Anaheim and got in line for Rocket Rods WAY before closing time. It broke down several times while we were in line (gee, makes you wonder why it's closed, huh?) and so needless to say by the time we got to ride it was time for Disneyland's bigtime fireworks show. Along with a great ride, we got to watch awesome fireworks and somehow seemed to add to the enjoyment of both.

just glad I'm not the only one who has had a similar experience:sohappy:

bob

Upvote 0

Sheri

I remeber last time we sat on the rocks next to where 1000-luts was, You could see pretty well from there I guess...

The only thing I remeber about the time b4 that was that we were on a bridge, but that could have been in epcot because I totaly don't remember and I'm having a huge blank :veryconfu

Upvote 0

happy

The plaza pavillion must be THE place to watch the fireworks from, Ihave to admit when the fireworks are on I sit here and think I am in heaven, my very favorite memory of every WDW trip
(of course a hot fudge sundae from main street helps!)
Sometimes they do section off a small area of the plaza but not the full area, go ahead and discover Disney Nirvana!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom