Best Value Resort for Adults

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I know that value resorts are focused towards families but we will be going to one on our honeymoon. Why? Because we cannot justify spending an extra $1,000 on a moderate or much more for a deluxe when we could use that money else where.

I had the worlds best single mom who scraped together enough money to take me to WDW twice as a child. The only resort she could afford was All Star Sports. I have great memories there but since it is the only WDW resort I have ever been to, I don't want to stay there for my honeymoon.

So which is better for an adult only trip?
-Pop
-Music
-Movies

And thank you to anyone and everyone who helps me with this!

belledream

Agreed, Pop, then Music.

Pop for the reasons I stated in your other thread! And Music before Movies because 1. If there are any promotions, Movies is more likely to be excluded or less discounted (it is newer and more popular with the kids) and 2. While the All Stars are pretty much carbon copies of each other in terms of layout and amenities, Music does have one little courtyard with a pretty fountain that's nice to see everyday as you walk to your room. :D

Pop also started refurbishing its rooms and they look quite nice! Go with Pop for this special occasion!

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
Agreed, Pop, then Music.

Pop for the reasons I stated in your other thread! And Music before Movies because 1. If there are any promotions, Movies is more likely to be excluded or less discounted (it is newer and more popular with the kids) and 2. While the All Stars are pretty much carbon copies of each other in terms of layout and amenities, Music does have one little courtyard with a pretty fountain that's nice to see everyday as you walk to your room. :D

Pop also started refurbishing its rooms and they look quite nice! Go with Pop for this special occasion!

Awesome! Thanks!

SSH

You may just want to price out the difference between pop and music before you definitely decide. I mentioned in another thread that POP price has really been creeping up - at least when I check for our own upcoming trip.
Probably because of their room refurbs, since newer rooms have more mod-like amenities.

It's my #1 choice of values, but I've been seeing a 25-30+/night difference - that's a big difference - especially if you go during peak times and get one of the older rooms. (Of course, being on your honeymoon, I would hope the staff throws a little pixie dust your way and makes sure you get one of the newer rooms!) Congrats!

I am Timmy

We always enjoy Pop, and now might be a good time to try it out before the prices go up due to the refurbishments taking place. We always get a preferred room (closer to food and buses) for a little extra money so we don't have to walk so far leaving and coming back. The food court is pretty big, several choices, and the store has quite a bit if you've forgotten something. The front desk is also very helpful, we usually ship stuff home since we buy too much - they are really great about making that happen. I don't think the preferred rooms are are refurbished yet, though, so if that is important to you you may have to choose. Good luck!

Jess G

Agreed, Pop, then Music.

You and your love for fountains! loll :inlove:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Personally I would go with whatever is cheapest. Sure Music might have that cute fountain, but really how long will you spend looking at it? With the Pop you might get a refurbed room and that would be nice but if it freed up some of my money I would give that up. When I go to Disney it is just my husband and I (and sometimes just me) and we would rather stay somewhere on property that is cheap because then we can either stay longer, go more often, and more importantly plus up our experiences. We like to eat at nice restaurants like the California Grill, Yachtsman, Morimoto's.....and if we stayed in a more deluxe room we would have to give up the nice restaurants because of our budget.

So I usually book whatever room is cheapest so we can do other things. If the room I book is clean and the bed is fairly comfortable that's all I really need. We spend most of our time at the parks and doing things at Disney so the room is secondary to us. And if it is your honeymoon sure you might spend more time in your room, but it is a time that you might want to put out a little extra $$ on nice romantic meals, mini-golf, a tour, a boat ride, or some other experience that will make happy memories for you.

belledream

Personally I would go with whatever is cheapest. Sure Music might have that cute fountain, but really how long will you spend looking at it? With the Pop you might get a refurbed room and that would be nice but if it freed up some of my money I would give that up. When I go to Disney it is just my husband and I (and sometimes just me) and we would rather stay somewhere on property that is cheap because then we can either stay longer, go more often, and more importantly plus up our experiences. We like to eat at nice restaurants like the California Grill, Yachtsman, Morimoto's.....and if we stayed in a more deluxe room we would have to give up the nice restaurants because of our budget.

So I usually book whatever room is cheapest so we can do other things. If the room I book is clean and the bed is fairly comfortable that's all I really need. We spend most of our time at the parks and doing things at Disney so the room is secondary to us. And if it is your honeymoon sure you might spend more time in your room, but it is a time that you might want to put out a little extra $$ on nice romantic meals, mini-golf, a tour, a boat ride, or some other experience that will make happy memories for you.
Price is definitely something to consider as well. But in my experiences, Pop is always without fail, more expensive than Music/Sports, whether by $5 a night or $30. We 'splurged' on our honeymoon and went for Pop, but ever since then, it's been back to the All Stars to save $90 or so. I totally agree with using it for a meal. ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Price is definitely something to consider as well. But in my experiences, Pop is always without fail, more expensive than Music/Sports, whether by $5 a night or $30. We 'splurged' on our honeymoon and went for Pop, but ever since then, it's been back to the All Stars to save $90 or so. I totally agree with using it for a meal. ;)

My husband likes to say, "We stay cheap so we can eat!"

Diesel Dan

POP is the one. Get a room in building 7, it is way in the back and a lot quieter. Not too far for the Food court or bus stop. Less than 5 min walk. Have a great honeymoon! I also agree to save the money for other things instead of a better room. POP is really nice. Request a King bed.

DisneyAubs

IDK when you're planning to go, but would go with Pop at this point because of the refurbished rooms (not all buildings are done yet, FYI). For a trip with just 2 adults I would go for the queen bed and the extra space in the room, hands down.

If other Value resorts get refurbished in the future I would maybe do Music next? It may still have oversized decor, but it isn't characters, so that doesn't seem as kiddie to me. And it is usually a little less expensive. than Pop or Movies.

slappy magoo

You were born in 91 or 92? Go for Pop and request a room in the 90s section.

Another thought - there's always one of those guys, I know - but have you thought about renting DVC points and staying in a DVC resort? It will be probably be more expensive than a Value but not necessarily $1000 more. I don't know when you're planning your honeymoon. I picked a random week in September of 2018, because that's usually a not-very-busy time. Looking at travelocity, a week in All Star Music would run about $924.

If you rented DVC points, a week at Old Key West would run about $1140. A week at the Villas at Animal Kingdom ( a VERY romantic resort IMHO) would be $1215, perhaps less if you could get one of their Studio Villas but those are extremely limited in number. But if you got lucky, they'd only be $1035. Or $1245 would get you a week in Saratoga Springs, walking distance from Disney Springs.

Now, bear in mind, the price of the room comes from travelocity which is always at least no worse than the prices direct from Disney...UNLESS there's a promotion going on like free dining. So your mileage may definitely vary.

But for between $216-$330 more (in these examples), you're getting larger rooms, more amenities, arguably better locations, less of a chance of being around kids groups like Pop Warner football or cheerleader competitions. And there are companies who will arrange the renting of points for you so you're not relying on a stranger you're not sure you can trust. Just thought I'd bring it up.

CaptainAmerica

You were born in 91 or 92? Go for Pop and request a room in the 90s section.

Another thought - there's always one of those guys, I know - but have you thought about renting DVC points and staying in a DVC resort? It will be probably be more expensive than a Value but not necessarily $1000 more. I don't know when you're planning your honeymoon. I picked a random week in September of 2018, because that's usually a not-very-busy time. Looking at travelocity, a week in All Star Music would run about $924.

If you rented DVC points, a week at Old Key West would run about $1140. A week at the Villas at Animal Kingdom ( a VERY romantic resort IMHO) would be $1215, perhaps less if you could get one of their Studio Villas but those are extremely limited in number. But if you got lucky, they'd only be $1035. Or $1245 would get you a week in Saratoga Springs, walking distance from Disney Springs.

Now, bear in mind, the price of the room comes from travelocity which is always at least no worse than the prices direct from Disney...UNLESS there's a promotion going on like free dining. So your mileage may definitely vary.

But for between $216-$330 more (in these examples), you're getting larger rooms, more amenities, arguably better locations, less of a chance of being around kids groups like Pop Warner football or cheerleader competitions. And there are companies who will arrange the renting of points for you so you're not relying on a stranger you're not sure you can trust. Just thought I'd bring it up.
One thing to consider if you go that route is that you won't get daily housekeeping. IMO, that takes away from the vacation-y vibe quite a bit.

slappy magoo

One thing to consider if you go that route is that you won't get daily housekeeping. IMO, that takes away from the vacation-y vibe quite a bit.
Fair enough. We actually prefer it because we will do the "cleaning the room before anyone comes to clean it so we're not embarrassed by it being unclean" thing. Only getting trash/towel service on Day 4 and then letting it be cleaned when we leave is right up our alley.

Jedi-Joe

I have stayed at ASMovies and ASsports with the family/kids (once each) and almost every other time we stayed at POP (this was prior to AoA being built) and for the price, I preferred POP over AS. POP to me has a more adult feel yet still very family oriented. If you can get a queen/king at POP then the savings may benefit you the most. My last visit with the kids (about 8 yrs ago now) we stayed at CB (moderate) and it was so much better to get the queen beds over the doubles, having a mini fridge and it was nice having a more adult feel to the resort. At the time it was only about $20 more per night, so depending on when you go, take a look at the moderates as well, CB is usually the cheapest due to the more spread out nature of the resort and multiple bus stops with Coronado Springs sometimes as cheap since it is more geared to conference/buisnesses.

Mander

In the Parks
No
We're staying at Pop for our honeymoon in January! We've stayed at All Star Movies before and Pop seemed like a nice change. My parents were there last year and loved it. We'd also looked into staying at Caribbean Beach but it was over $400 more. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things but that's a nice amount of food! We booked a standard pool view and requested a new room in the 80s section (should be done by then). If we weren't staying at Pop, I'd probably looking at Music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom