Best Use of Credits?

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Ok I made a change of plans to our ADRs and now I am trying to figure out how to maneuver our credits the best.

We have free dining for December and I booked 6 table service meals, all dinners, that are all one credit.
Now I know these restaurants themselves are not the norm as favorites go so I'm not really looking for other restaurant suggestions. These 6 are all places we've never tried and this trip is all about new experiences. I've already been to most of the favorites people rave about.

What I'm looking for is how to spend my credits wisely as I just booked a Candlelight processional lunch at Biergarten which I think is around $35 per person or 2 credits.

Here are my restaurants
Tonys
Sanaa
Mama Melrose
The Wave
Olivia's
Turf Club

My question is should I use the DDP for these meals and just pay out of pocket for the CP lunch package?

Or I am questioning canceling The Wave (reason being it is the Candlelight Processional night and even though I think I've got the times all scheduled so that it would work, maybe I should save myself the rushing around) and then using the DDP for Biergarten and pay out of pocket for one of the dinners and prob not getting dessert etc.

Any advice on what would be the best use of credits? Cancel The Wave?

Thanks for your help!

Sweet Melissa

I think the way you've done it is probably the best use of credits. Generally, 2-credit meals are not as much of a value on the dining plan. For instance, your dinner and dessert at Sanaa, the Wave and Turf Club might be a $40+ value, whereas using two credits on the Candlelight Processional package would mean you're "spending" credits at a rate of $17.50 each. As for scheduling, I really have no idea about whether having dinner at the Wave will mean rushing around after the show. It's fairly easy to get from Epcot to the Contemporary, but if you want something even more convenient (and better food, in my opinion), you could change that dinner to one at Kouzzina on the Boardwalk instead.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I think the way you've done it is probably the best use of credits. Generally, 2-credit meals are not as much of a value on the dining plan. For instance, your dinner and dessert at Sanaa, the Wave and Turf Club might be a $40+ value, whereas using two credits on the Candlelight Processional package would mean you're "spending" credits at a rate of $17.50 each. As for scheduling, I really have no idea about whether having dinner at the Wave will mean rushing around after the show. It's fairly easy to get from Epcot to the Contemporary, but if you want something even more convenient (and better food, in my opinion), you could change that dinner to one at Kouzzina on the Boardwalk instead.
Thanks, I was thinking so but wasn't sure if I would save any by canceling one.

I have been to Kouzzina and you are right, it's amazing! I've been wanting to try the Wave but have a picky eater so I'm still a little undecided.
But here is our CP schedule. I think it's doable but maybe we would be in a bit of a rush.

CP is at 5:00 pm
Dinner at Wave is 7:15
illuminations is 9:30 which we may already have watched on another day but the CP gets us into a preferred viewing location so I imagine we will watch it again.

Sweet Melissa

Thanks, I was thinking so but wasn't sure if I would save any by canceling one.

I have been to Kouzzina and you are right, it's amazing! I've been wanting to try the Wave but have a picky eater so I'm still a little undecided.
But here is our CP schedule. I think it's doable but maybe we would be in a bit of a rush.

CP is at 5:00 pm
Dinner at Wave is 7:15
illuminations is 9:30 which we may already have watched on another day but the CP gets us into a preferred viewing location so I imagine we will watch it again.

Oh, wow. That is a tight schedule. With an itinerary like that, I would probably stay in the park. I know you're interested in trying some new places on this visit. Have you been to Coral Reef? The restaurants in the Mexico and Italy pavilions? Would you consider doing a counter service dinner that night and making a breakfast reservation on another day instead?

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Oh, wow. That is a tight schedule. With an itinerary like that, I would probably stay in the park. I know you're interested in trying some new places on this visit. Have you been to Coral Reef? The restaurants in the Mexico and Italy pavilions? Would you consider doing a counter service dinner that night and making a breakfast reservation on another day instead?
Yeah that was why I thought maybe cancel the Wave and just hang out in Epcot, since we are eating a large lunch maybe we would not want a large dinner as well. Plus we will have a CS credit left.
Thanks for the suggestion, I think breakfast might be a good option. I'll have to see what's available. Either Kona which I have been to but never for breakfast, or something else.
I don't want to feel rushed so you are probably right.

I haven't been to restaurants in Italy but we have two other Italian places planned so I decided not to try this time. Been to Coral Reef and Mexico, like them both.

Sweet Melissa

I think breakfast might be a good option. I'll have to see what's available. Either Kona which I have been to but never for breakfast, or something else.

If you're interested in maximizing the value of those dining credits, a character breakfast might be a good idea. I've never done any character dining, so I can't speak to the quality of those meals. I really love Kouzzina for breakfast. Olivia's and the Grand Floridian Café are also quite good. Kona's breakfast is a bit of a miss for us, but I know it and 'Ohana are insanely popular with most fans.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
For the CP I would definitely pay out of pocket $35 a person would not be a smart use of 2 credits. Most 2 credit places we are easily spending $60- 75 per person for entre, drink, desert. Shoot some entres are well over $35 bucks alone. Lol :)

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
If you're interested in maximizing the value of those dining credits, a character breakfast might be a good idea. I've never done any character dining, so I can't speak to the quality of those meals. I really love Kouzzina for breakfast. Olivia's and the Grand Floridian Café are also quite good. Kona's breakfast is a bit of a miss for us, but I know it and 'Ohana are insanely popular with most fans.
We like character dining here and there but not a lot.
I'm wondering if Tusker House might be cool and the we can get on the safari early which I've also never done (never done early - I've been on the ride before)

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Ok I cancelled the Wave.

See that is why I post these situations on this board. What sounded to me like it would be fine, others think is too rushed and after thinking about it, I agree!
Thanks for everyone's help.

I'm now looking at a breakfast as that makes the must sense.
Thinking Tusker House.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom