Best Time To Visit In December?

muse1983

If my wife and I were to visit sometime in December for 7 days, when would be the best time to go as far as crowds are concerned? I know that a marathon takes place during December and I definitely want to avoid any type of cheerleading competition etc. I was thinking about December 11-17th. So for people who have been in December when is the absolutely best time to go? Thanks!:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The first 2 weeks in December will be your best bet. As long as you are not staying at All Star Sports Pop Warner will have little effect on your trip.

Upvote 0

DisneyWeather!

We went the last couple days of Nov/first couple of days in Dec. and vowed to never go at another time due to cool days (70's) and little to no lines to wait in. Of course the next three times we went or are going were times other than then, but that is so we could have a longer trip due to children's school schedules.

Upvote 0

jim1051

We once went 12/10 to 12/16. It was a great trip, low crowds, decorations etc. The only problem was, when we got home we only had a week to prepare for Christmas.

We had never traveled in december before and never thought about squeezing all the preparations into 1 week.

Upvote 0
It's a long story why, but we have been going for the first full week of December every year since 1997 (with just a couple of exceptions). So we are never there before December 1 or after December 15. We have also been there in early May, mid-June, and late-August. The crowds in December are easily much lighter than they are during those other times, though even in December it's wall-to-wall people at the Magic Kingdom for Wishes and at Studios for Fantasmic! We have had visits in December where we never waited in line--we just walked on to whichever attraction we went to. December is a great time to be there, particularly with all the Christmas decorations and music. Have fun!

Upvote 0

t_catt11

You'll notice a serious uptick in the crowds once school lets out. The week of Christmas turns everything insane.

The earlier you can get there in December, the better.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

If my wife and I were to visit sometime in December for 7 days, when would be the best time to go as far as crowds are concerned? I know that a marathon takes place during December and I definitely want to avoid any type of cheerleading competition etc. I was thinking about December 11-17th. So for people who have been in December when is the absolutely best time to go? Thanks!:wave:

Same time I'm going so I say it's a great time. Been doing that for the last several years on the first or second week of December. Lately I've been choosing the second week since it misses the annual Pop Warner groups. Just don't expect the parks to be empty. The first half of December has gotten increasingly more popular over the past 10 years. Of course, go in the latter half of December and the crowd levels get severe.

:xmas:

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We went Dec 7-13th last year- crowds were pretty low, we saw very little of the Pop Warner element (and what we did see was far from disruptive- thankfully!), and we got back home with enough time to do most of our holiday traditions. It was cold, but it made it feel more festive IMO. :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom