Best Time To Go??

Scar Junior

I think the Spring is the best. No hurricanes, the humidity is down, you don't have to work over Christmas or New Years. The only down side is if you have to work on Easter.

I have never done an advantage/summer program so I couldn't tell ya.

pluto77

Spring Advantage, I think I would have missed it too much if I didn't come back and be busy with school and marching band. You don't have to work over the christmas holiday season, I guess that was my main reason for choosing spring, other than the fact that I wanted to get down there as fast as possible so I applied during my first semester of college.

bsummer

I did Spring Advantage and loved it. But if you're wanting to go for entertainment, the fall advantage is the best. There are more opportunities to get trained in parades and shows around Halloween and Christmas. Both programs have pros and cons.

kcw

bsummer said:
But if you're wanting to go for entertainment, the fall advantage is the best. There are more opportunities to get trained in parades and shows around Halloween and Christmas.

good to know!! I'm going down for fall so I'll tell you all how that goes having to work through thanksgiving and christmas..... is the humidity really that bad in the fall though?? i figured it would be mostly summer...but I know nothing about it so i'm probably wrong... and are the hurricanes really that bad? does DW ever shut down because of them??

Scar Junior

I don't know how bad they are because I've never been in one. But WDW has shut down either once or twice for a hurricane. The other time was 9/11 (obviously).

Darwin

I also did the Spring and it was great. In Jan and Feb it's not to hot and not crowded so on your off days the lines are relatively short when you go to the park. However, I would love to be in a hurricane. (Go figure since I'm an Earth Science Major! :D) I recall one of my managers saying how deserted it was after 9/11. Only like 6000-8000 people in the Animal Kindom when there are usually around 26,000 guests.

schroder6452

I also did Spring and loved it. It was pretty nice since that year it didn't start to get hot until my last couple weeks there. I did freeze my butt off for the first few weeks I was down there in Jan. but that was probably because I am so used to the temp. not going below 60.

Now I'd love to do a Fall program too since a bunch of friends have now been there through one, but I have to finish school first. When I'd call them I would always be so jealous of them getting to be in the parks for the holidays.

joanna71985

I did Spring 2005, and liked it. It wasn't too bad, and the humidity wasn't too bad at all. Now I am on Fall Advantage 2006. I especially wanted to come down here for the holidays.

LilRoo714

I did Fall Advantage, and yes working over the holidays may not be fun, but being in WDW over the holiday is so you have to weigh if you'd like to experience Food and Wine, MNSSHP and MVMCP even though you'll probably be working on a few holidays too...

Scar Junior

schroder6452 said:
I also did Spring and loved it. It was pretty nice since that year it didn't start to get hot until my last couple weeks there. I did freeze my butt off for the first few weeks I was down there in Jan. but that was probably because I am so used to the temp. not going below 60.

Oh, well yeah. You're from Hawaii. I left 0 degree weather and skipped the blizzards and scraping the ice off the windshield every time you want to drive somewhere. January's 50 degree nights and mornings were great for me.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Scar Junior said:
Oh, well yeah. You're from Hawaii. I left 0 degree weather and skipped the blizzards and scraping the ice off the windshield every time you want to drive somewhere. January's 50 degree nights and mornings were great for me.
I cant wait!!

kcw

Scar Junior said:
January's 50 degree nights and mornings were great for me.

:dazzle: oh holy cow i don't know how I'll do with that... i'll probably get it in november and december too right?

daringstoic

I would definitely recommend the Spring program. The best part (other than those cool January nights) was the fact that when I started out in rotation, there was hardly ever a line, so it gave me and the other new CPs time to get used to the routine. If we were a little slow, it didn't matter that much. By the time it got crowded, we were all good at all of the positions, and could keep the line moving much better than we would have back in January. I feel kind of bad for the new CPs who just started in June, because they kind of got thrown into the fire. Plus, if you like your job, you have the option of extending over the summer (which I did) without having to miss another semester of school.

MMP

I did the spring advantage program but I extended so I ended up staying a whole year so I got to experiance all the programs.
I couldn't have imagined doing the Jan-May program, it wouldn't have felt like enough time. The Jan-Aug program was great, the spring time weather was nice before it got hot and nasty during the summer time. But it was kind of cool working during the summer and spring break times, we worked a lot of hours but that meant we also made a lot of money, and they rewarded us with things like extra comp tickets. But of course sometimes it was awful working that much and it was very hot. Aug-Jan was exciting too because the weather cooled off and you got to experiance all the holiday stuff in the parks, like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, and also the food and wine festival at EPCOT. But of course those times were really busy and you were away from home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom