Best steak on disney property

JohnD

I liked the Filet Mignon at Artist Point. If the Shula's is any bit as good as the one in my hometown (for that reason I don't eat at the one at WDW), it should be a very good choice for you.

JillC LI

I've enjoyed many steaks at WDW, including Le Cellier, R&C Pub, Brown Derby, and others. The only steak I didn't care for was at Cali Grill, strangely enough. But nothing compares to the steak I'll be getting on New Year's Eve at the original Peter Luger's Steakhouse in Brooklyn!!!

surfsupdon

I still say one of the best steaks I had in Disney was the NY Strip at Shutters. It was perfectly cooked, was a huge portion, and the sides that came with it were excellent.

Def not a steakhouse, but I was underwhelmed at the majority of higher end places. Narcoossee's was very good, but the portion was ridiculously small.

AngryEyes

I haven't eaten at any of the signature restaurants, so I can't speak for those. It seems to me I had an outstanding filet at the Coral Reef back in the day, but I could be imagining it. It's certainly not on the menu now.

More recently, my favorite steak was easily the one I got at Mama Melrose's and my worst was at Sci-Fi. Not a great piece of meat, though the flavor was good.

smarti3

I used to be a big LeCellier fan, but has it has gone downhill over the years and not worth signature prices. I miss the pretzel bread but eat enough pretzel eta from the Philip pretzel factory to make up for it. Now everyone is going to laugh, but I have had the steak at Mama Melrosa's the last 4 visits and it has been phenomenal. Not a fan of mac and cheese so I get pasta instead. Bread service is great too. Finally the calamari is very good to but we are supposed to be just talking steak. Haven't done Shula's in quite some time though
I had to laugh when I read your post. I was going to say the same thing. Loved the steak there!

tigger1968

It's been a while since I have eaten at California Grill but had a great steak there. My current favorite is the steak at Jiko. It's a must do for me every trip.

I vaguely remember my brother kind of freaking out over how good he thought the steak at Captain's Grille (Yacht Club) was. Although it might have been the mashed potato side that he loved so much... It was quite a few years ago!

llrain

My top is Jiko followed by Yachtmans, and with many others, my list used to include Le Cell but its gone downhill.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It depends on your personal taste which is the better steak place on property. My wife's family raises cattle (I don't right now my pastures are empty) so what I expect for a cut of beef verses whats available in whichever city might be very different. Most on property I just endure.... Shula's I enjoy.

donaldtoo

Like 2 previous posters, both I and my DS have had the NY strip at BoG. Not good. At all. Also, others have posted same on other threads. I've had 10x better $10 steaks at the local Applebee's. Heck, the steak that has come with my Triassic Trio at T-Rex has been 10x better, both times. If nothing else, I'd stay away just for the sake of the inconsistency.

flyerjab

The best steak I ever had on property was at Victoria and Albert's for my wife's 40th (although the way she acted at times you would have thought it was for a funeral). Obviously though, this restaurant is above and beyond what is offered at WDW signature dining venues. The cut was Australian Kobe Beef and it has ruined me as the taste and texture of the beef was phenomenal and simply at another level.

As far as the other signature restaurants are concerned, I would rate my steak experiences as follows:

1. Jiko - unbelievable
2. Yachtsman Steakhouse
3. Citricos
4. California Grille
5. Narcoossee's

Swissmiss

Premium Member
We all really enjoyed our steak at Yachtsman Steakhouse last year and I have also had a really good steak at Jiko in the past as well.

Matt in the Hatt

Le Cellier seems like it must be hit or miss. my wife and I went in September I got the ribeye with roasted garlic butter and I dare say It was the best steak I have ever had. when we go in November I hope to try the yachtsman after all the good things I have read. also had steaks at trex and BOG. of those 2 trex was better

WDW_Jon

Not tried many of the places mentioned but I've never had a problem with the quality at the Yachtsman...
Great service when we've been there...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom