Best Speil Attraction

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by Skipper Timekpr
What do you think the best speil attraction is? Jungle Cruise, HM (though short), TOT, GMR?

Okay, I'm going to act stupid here (but just for a minute).....what is a speil attraction?:confused:

Skipper Timekpr

Original Poster
The offical Disney definition is a spiel attraction is any attraction in which a CM is required to say any OG or Operating Guideline approved line or in regular English, a written script. We have several kinds of spiel attractions, high spiel and low spiel. High spiel is like the Jungle Cruise and Great Movie Ride where you have a CM who talks and talks and talks. A low spiel would be like the HM where the CM say "Drag your boddies into the dead center of the room." or at the Hall of Presidents. Hope that helps.

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by Skipper Timekpr
The offical Disney definition is a spiel attraction is any attraction in which a CM is required to say any OG or Operating Guideline approved line or in regular English, a written script. We have several kinds of spiel attractions, high spiel and low spiel. High spiel is like the Jungle Cruise and Great Movie Ride where you have a CM who talks and talks and talks. A low spiel would be like the HM where the CM say "Drag your boddies into the dead center of the room." or at the Hall of Presidents. Hope that helps.

Thanks skipper, that helps.

I would again have to say HM. If they have the right look and attitude they don't need a lot of words.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
ok then, my favorite speil attraction is the living with the land boat ride in Epcot. :D yeah I know I'm a nerd, lol

Maria

I would say Great Movie Ride. Boy those guys really had to memorize and act well! By they way, I lost track of it... is it closed now?

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Maria
I would say Great Movie Ride. Boy those guys really had to memorize and act well! By they way, I lost track of it... is it closed now?

its still up and running!! But I think it will shut down at the end of the celebration.

markymark

Originally posted by jazcatsnh
We'd have to give our vote to the witty folks at HM. What they lack in length they make up for with depth.:D :D :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I'll go with the HM as well, But I also like the Land

WeirdOne

I Would Say...

The Backlot Tour...those are some amazing folks to be able to memorize and act that out while beign able to know trivia and info and still set up Catastrophe Canyon. Purely AMAZING. The WeirdOne :)

Chernabog

I'm gonna have to go with.... ummm I'm not sure. I really like the Haunted Mansion, it's my favorite ride at DisneyWorld but I think the Jungle Cruise does a great job with all the corny jokes. If you get a good CM then it's so funny. I think I may go with JC because it takes a little more effort on the CM's part.

I'm gonna have to go with the Jungle Cruise. I'm a sucker for a really bad pun or two, and this spiel definitely fits the bill. Of course, a visit to Disney is never complete without the spiel from HM.

MrPromey

I have to say without a doubt, JC. Because of the nature of the spiel, it doesn't even have to be done with enthusiasm to seem funny. (some parts are even funnier when they act bored saying it). Also because the dialogue usually isn't the same twice.( i.e., coming up to the camp with the rhino "Oh, there's my good friend Ahonas. It looks like that Rhino is trying to Poke Ahonas." or coming up to the ruins "Hmm, I wonder what could be in there? Could be treasure. Could be wild animals... This is Disney World - it could be another gift shop"

sillyspook13

Another one I've heard on JC re. the rhino is "I'd hate to be the low man on that totem pole! I guess he'll get the point.... in the end." I also like when the skipper compares the temple ruins to "Disney's first attempt at a monorail system".

space*mt*ranger

JUNGLE CRUISE!!!!

Attachments

• pmtpmkattjungleimg.jpg
    pmtpmkattjungleimg.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 74

Mattore

I also vote for Great Movie Ride. And yes, its still open, and depsite rumors and that hat, I would not count on it going away anytime soon (even after the 100 years celebration). It recently had some major changes (including a new, differrent lighting design by WDI) and some other things. Expect it to be around for a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom