Best snacks that AREN'T sweet!

cslafferty

Original Poster
My daughter and I really enjoy reading the thread about the best treats in WDW. We can't wait to try School bread and those sweet cream cheese pretzels! However, my husband, who does not like sweets at all, is feeling left out! So, I was wondering what are some good snacks that he can use his DDP credits on. To give you an idea, his favorite "treat" is cheese and sausage on crackers!! Thanks in advance!!:slurp:

There are only a couple things that come to mind. The spicy cheese pretzel (not positive they still have it) and popcorn. There is always the carrot and celery sticks with dressing in the food courts. :p I can't really think of anything else that is not a "sweet". I'll have to keep an eye out on my next trip.

lilclerk

I'm not really too big on sweets either, but I do always get a sweet cream cheese pretzel (they're more cream cheese than sweet) and I have a root beer float just about every day in WDW :lol:

Hmm, there's the regular soft pretzels, plus jalepeno cheese ones, and in some places you can get one with a side of nacho cheese for dipping. I get popcorn a LOT.
There's the fresh fruits and vegetables that you can get at some snack stands, and I've seen a couple places with trail mix. I'm sure some of the countries through Epcot have some things he could try that aren't sweet. I think you can get some kind of cheese plate in the pastry shop in France, but I don't know if it counts as a snack or not. At Flame Tree BBQ, you can get their onion rings as a snack. I've seen egg roll carts around, and I think in Adventureland, they had a cart where you can get roasted nuts (but that may have only been around the holidays.)

MissM

Love and I often get a giant salted pretzel to split. I find it's a great, filling snack when you don't want something too much like "dessert." In MK, there's a pretzel cart between Pooh and Pinocchio Haus. (It moves a bit with the new construction going on.)

Disneykidder

Wow...I didn't realize how many of the snscks are sweet...interesting. The veggies and dip are a nice healthy alternative and kind of refreshing. He could always get a turkey leg, too. I loveeee soft pretzels and mustard, too. The egg rolls are great. Then there is the staple fries and onion rings.

RooBear

I'm not into sweets (tho my size would suggest otherwise!) and I usually grab popcorn. However, if I'm near Adventureland, I hit up the egg roll cart...very good. The drawback? They tend to be massively hot!

Peace,
Roo

muteki

There are only a couple things that come to mind. The spicy cheese pretzel (not positive they still have it) and popcorn. There is always the carrot and celery sticks with dressing in the food courts. :p I can't really think of anything else that is not a "sweet". I'll have to keep an eye out on my next trip.

We stumbled across these in Asia at AK and they were the best thing ever!

Really wish someone would throw together a list/map of all the snack choices and their locations in the parks. Finding the best way to make use of our credits is always difficult, however there are instances where we stumble into something awesome.

MissM

Depending on when you're there it may be too hot but I know one other snack Love really enjoys is a bowl of Clam Chowder at Columbia Harbor House in MK. It's not a typical snack and could easily be overlooked so I thought I'd mention it. (And, there's another soup option in MK too if Clam Chowder's not your thing - Sleepy Hollow sells Chicken and Wild Rice soup as well.) Two savory alternatives outside the normal burger/nuggets/hot dog type meal and yet not a dessert either.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We lets see there is.........uhhh.........hmmm........well the use to be Figaro Fires......yeah I got nothing.:lol:

adamneely

My Dad and I aren't sweet's people either, so we have a couple favorites to get when we are walking around the parks.

Pretzels - Fantasyland and Germany always seem the best to me. I load mine with brown mustard and my Dad is a huge fan of the cheese.

Egg Rolls - Adventureland. Seems like a weird spot but they are great with some soy sauce.

Fried Rice - The Chinese pavilion in the quick service area. Not a 'snack' but its not enough food to really call a meal either. Its a great option if you have an extra meal credit or something.

Turkey Legs - The USA pavilion is where I love to get them, awesome!

French Fries - McDonalds has carts set up in parks last time I checked. Sometimes all you need are some of those salty potato sticks to brighten your mood.

Erin_Akey

We love to share a soft pretzel or some trail mix. Most of the snack carts also have your typical chips etc.

Another great snack and our NEW fave is to have some tappas in the tequila bar in Mexico. Their version of a shrimp cocktail is amazing and so are the beef flautas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom