Best sit down restaurant at Epcot for young children?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Here is a photo from Garden Grill a few weeks ago. My suggestion Originally because it is small child friendly. And it is family style so not shuffling toddlers to a buffet line
73E16BE0-AC6D-459A-B909-E6EF0B893578.jpeg

Disneyfan_76

I would say Garden Grill or Via Napoli, both are loud and have a lot of things going on. Teppan Edo would also be a solid choice there is the "show" that is put on in front of you that would probably keep the children's attention. While Coral Reef is pretty and the fish tanks are very cool, the food and service is sub par.

No. Teppan Edo would not be appropriate for a baby and a 3 year old. Scalding hot surface within reach of the kids. Probably not a great idea. Save that till they are older.
Keep in mind that all of the restaurants in EPCOT will have a kids option, so really it will be up to you. Garden Grill and Via Napoli are good suggestions.

Disneyfan_76

I'm betting your grandsons would really enjoy the Coral Reef be sure to request a table close to the tank so they can see all of the sea life. Otherwise as many have suggested Garden Grill is a great way to get up close and personal with Mickey and Friends. One more suggestion that could be fun would be San Angel Inn with a table close to the river so they can watch the boats float by from the Gran Fiesta tour.
San Angel is a good suggestion as well, but keep in mind that it is quite dark in that restaurant. Depends on how your kids are with that.

I'm all ears

We are going to Disney in December and need some help deciding the best table service restaurant at Epcot for my two grandsons. One will have just turned three and the other will be 1 1/2. I was thinking maybe Coral Reef or Tappan Edo but I haven’t been to either one of them. Any suggestions?

We went to Disney is October 2017 and although we have been before this was the first time with a child and our daughter was 20 months. We did a character breakfast at garden grill which was brilliant! You get to have a nice sit down meal and the characters come round to your table. We have a trip planned for next year and will be going again but will try lunch or dinner this time.

We went to coral reef and weren’t overly impressed, nice to see the the aquarium but food, atmosphere and service not very rememberable

Dutch Inn '76

Honestly they are almost all great (Mexico, England, Japan, Italy) except for that German one. That one is just a waste of money.

Frankly, I'm a little stunned by this. I've been in the Biergarten more than any other restaurant at WDW (>40 times?), and I've never seen it less than 75% full - unless it was closing time.

I think that Biergarten is the best restaurant at Epcot. I love the food, love the atmosphere, and LOOOOOVE the German band. This is the perfect place to take your kids, as they will love to go down to the floor and dance with the other kids. Also there is a wide selection of food.

If you want a character buffet, then go to Askerhus with the princesses. If you don't, then the Biergarten is the place for you.

Songbird76

I've been there twice and it's been only 20% or less capacity both times. I think there would be more people there if people could come and go instead of having to wait for the show to start.

For the price ($55 plus) you want it to be packed like the Hoopty Doo Review. Having 20 people spread out in a near empty Beer Hall isn't very exciting.
You don't have to wait for the show to start. We were there in 2016....had a 12:00 ADR, and there was no show and it didn't seem like it would be starting any time soon, so we ate and left. If you want to see the show, book an ADR at a time that they are more likely to have the show going. That's what we're doing next Summer.

Songbird76

Frankly, I'm a little stunned by this. I've been in the Biergarten more than any other restaurant at WDW (>40 times?), and I've never seen it less than 75% full - unless it was closing time.

I think that Biergarten is the best restaurant at Epcot. I love the food, love the atmosphere, and LOOOOOVE the German band. This is the perfect place to take your kids, as they will love to go down to the floor and dance with the other kids. Also there is a wide selection of food.

If you want a character buffet, then go to Askerhus with the princesses. If you don't, then the Biergarten is the place for you.
Ah, a Biergarten expert. Sorry to hijack the thread, but what's the best time for an ADR there, to make sure you get to see the show? We went at noon and it was almost empty and the show hadn't started, so I assume we went too early. I don't want to make that mistake again....it was one of the few places we found where my son found something to eat (pretzel bread) so we want to do it again, but I really want to see the show this time!!

Dutch Inn '76

Ah, a Biergarten expert. Sorry to hijack the thread, but what's the best time for an ADR there, to make sure you get to see the show? We went at noon and it was almost empty and the show hadn't started, so I assume we went too early. I don't want to make that mistake again....it was one of the few places we found where my son found something to eat (pretzel bread) so we want to do it again, but I really want to see the show this time!!

Go online and search Epcot's "weekly in-house show schedule." Then, try to get your reservation for right before the band is starting on of it's evening shows. That way, you'll likely be seated during the show. You'll eat, then be able to enjoy the second show as you are finishing up. That's the best way to have the band playing for the majority of the time you're in. For example, this week the band "Oktoberfest Musikanten" (It's always the same band and the band leader, Martin, has been there playing his trumpet since Epcot opened!) plays at 5:55, 7 and 8:05. I would suggest a 5:45-5:50pm or 6:50-6:55 reservation. Don't make a reservation for after 7:50pm. If you do, you run the risk of them not getting you seated until the band is almost through, and then you've missed 80% of the reason for going in the first place.

I really enjoy the food in the Biergarten - but I don't think I've ever been there for lunch. The atmosphere at night is always fun! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

spock8113

Garden Grill would be a slam dunk. If you want a country, may I suggest Germany’s beer garden.. My daughter has loved dancing to the oompah band every time we go.

Oh, absolutely. My kids loved the BierGarten, the OOmpah Band and we all got up and danced a little.
Hollywood & Vine with the character meets, buffet is good for kids finicky eating habits.
SciFi cafe sitting in cars and dining like an old drive-in.

EngineerMom

We did NOT like the quality of the food at coral reef
I’d vote coral reef due to the characters
Never been to the Germany one but my son a bit older loved Marrakech with the belly dancers

RossDKennedy

Honestly they are almost all great (Mexico, England, Japan, Italy) except for that German one. That one is just a waste of money.
I HAVE to disagree. We go to Biergarten every year exclusively and the kids have loved it for the past 15 years. The kids can dance on the dance floor, the atmosphere is festive and just plain fun, and the food is incredible. Where is there better food in England?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Garden Grill gets my vote. Family style, characters and the restaurant rotates!

It is a very different restaurant. And the OP was asking for advice for 1.5 year old and just turning 3 year old grandchildren.

We did NOT like the quality of the food at coral reef
I’d vote coral reef due to the characters
Never been to the Germany one but my son a bit older loved Marrakech with the belly dancers

I've seen many a Dad enjoy the Marrakech Belly Dancers too especially the older woman during the Holiday Presentation *cringe*

StarboardSide

Biergarten, hands down for kids - lots of food choice that kids like (mac n cheese, sausages, etc, and lots of dessert choices) and the kids (and parents) can get on the floor to dance when the polka band comes on. It’s always fun to get to know the people you share your table with, too. Second choice for us is Morocco - again, good kid-friendly food and fun dancing with the belly-dancer. Canada is good, but we found it dull. San Angel in Mexico is nice if you’re lucky enough to get a riverside table, but the food isn’t particularly kid-friendly, and it is very dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom