Best sit down restaurant at Epcot for young children?

luvtink

Original Poster
We are going to Disney in December and need some help deciding the best table service restaurant at Epcot for my two grandsons. One will have just turned three and the other will be 1 1/2. I was thinking maybe Coral Reef or Tappan Edo but I haven’t been to either one of them. Any suggestions?

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Do you want a charachter meal, such as Akershus Royal Banquet Hall?

Also what do the adults want? I'd say with one child being 1 1/2 he's mostly going to be in a child seat at the table, and as long as the 3 year old is entertained, you can eat anywhere. Personally, I really like Tutto Italia Ristorante

luvtink

Original Poster
Do you want a charachter meal, such as Akershus Royal Banquet Hall?

Also what do the adults want? I'd say with one child being 1 1/2 he's mostly going to be in a child seat at the table, and as long as the 3 year old is entertained, you can eat anywhere. Personally, I really like Tutto Italia Ristorante

The baby will be fine with anything. The 3 year old is totally disney obsessed (yay!) and all he is talking about now is going to see the castle and the characters! We were there for a long weekend in January and he remembers!

Amos1784

I would say Garden Grill or Via Napoli, both are loud and have a lot of things going on. Teppan Edo would also be a solid choice there is the "show" that is put on in front of you that would probably keep the children's attention. While Coral Reef is pretty and the fish tanks are very cool, the food and service is sub par.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Be careful with Garden Grill... 1 1/2 is a dicey age for the characters. My daughter was fine with them when she was a baby and she loves them now (3 1/2) but there was a stretch in the middle when they absolutely set her off into a fit of terror.

disneyworlddad

Let me offer a different opinion. How about the Beer Garden (I know I know I didn't use the right spelling)? We took my 1 1/2 year old son and he loved it. I think the three year old would enjoy it as well. The other kids at our table seemed to like it as well. Being a buffet you can find something for everyone. The enterainment is what we really enjoyed. Beware this is family seating so you will most likely end up eating with people you dont know if your party is less than 8 (I think that is how many the table holds)

disneyworlddad

I've been there twice and it's been only 20% or less capacity both times. I think there would be more people there if people could come and go instead of having to wait for the show to start.

For the price ($55 plus) you want it to be packed like the Hoopty Doo Review. Having 20 people spread out in a near empty Beer Hall isn't very exciting.

O I agree with you. The time we went it was about half full. I still think it was a fun experience. A full hall singing and dancing along would make for an even better one.

GVentola

Garden Grill for the win! Teppan Edo is fun, too, but I'm afraid the little children would burn their hands as the stove/grill is part of the table.

NiarrNDisney

I'm betting your grandsons would really enjoy the Coral Reef be sure to request a table close to the tank so they can see all of the sea life. Otherwise as many have suggested Garden Grill is a great way to get up close and personal with Mickey and Friends. One more suggestion that could be fun would be San Angel Inn with a table close to the river so they can watch the boats float by from the Gran Fiesta tour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom