Best secret

todd13

Original Poster
I'm going to Disney World for the first time since the early 80s - when I was 6. Back then, I didn't know about Hidden Mickeys or any of the amazing "little secrets" hidden all over the park. Throw some at me - things that are REALLY cool but you almost have to look for them to find them. I know there are talking trash cans, etc. Any others?

josh_e_washie

I haven't been there in a while either, but from my last trip, I have got a few...
Whenever riding the monorail, try to get into the front car with the driver
When inside Cinderella Castle, look at the stepsister's faces in the glass mural- one's face is green (with envy) and one's is red (with anger)
If you are going to The Land, look at the murals on each side of the entrance...there is a one tile difference between them
If you are at the Wilderness Lodge, walk around the hallways on the fifth or sixth floors (i forget), in a corner of one of the hallways you will see a little window. It looks down into artist's point restaurant
In spaceship earth, in the scene of Greek Theater, look at the background sky. You will see the constilation of orion-it is the only constellation on the sky
If you look VERY closely at the top of spaceship earth (the planetarium) you may see the hatch that is used for characters and repairmen to get on the top of the sphere

Check out hiddenmickeys.org (or com, i'm not sure) for a lot of great secrets! Make sure we get a trip update, and tell us about Mission:Space!
HAVE FUN!!!!:) :wave:

When walking between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland on a sunny day, look at the shadows created by the light poles for (in my opinion) the best hidden Mickeys in the park.

wannabeBelle

go see Push at Mickey's Star Traders on the half hour. He is a talking, singing, trash can. He was so entertaining when he talked to me and even sang me Happy Birthday!!! Belle

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by BigNorm
The talking trees are a trip, but also beware of the talking (and rolling) fire hydrant at the Magic Kingdom.

speaking of things that talk and roll

there is a talking and walking (or rolling rather) trash can...
it was in tommorowland when i saw it but wouldnt be suprised if it was a land hopping thingy

Nansafan

Check out the Disney.com website. Visit the page for each resort. On the page, if their is a small black Mickey picture, click on it. You will get a pop up window which will talk about the hidden Mickey or other trivia information about that resort. There are also "tips" icons to click on for other WDW trivia. I copied all this info down and we play "find the hidden Mickey" when we're in line for an attraction for Disney Dollars. It helps pass the time when you don't have a Fast Pass.

NADisney

There's a Hidden mickey inside the Haunted mansion ballroom dining table and a cloud Mickey in the finally of Splash mountain behind the boat.You can also find One in It's a Small World in the australia scene with the kola bears shadow on the left hand side of the boat .In the mural Located at Malestrom in Norway their is a man with a Mickey Mouse Watch on. The Largest Hidden Micey is at the Disney-MGM studios in front of the Great Movie Ride and their are several inside the Tower of Terror -from the preshow to the loading elevator.

Grumpy56

I've been collecting these in anticipation of my trip. One I haven't actually seen but that sounds cool is supposed to be in the pre-show area of Muppets 3-D at MGM.

A net full of green jello for Annnette Funicello

Anyone confirm this? I will check it out next Friday!
:sohappy:

Nansafan

Originally posted by NADisney
There's a Hidden mickey inside the Haunted mansion ballroom dining table and a cloud Mickey in the finally of Splash mountain behind the boat.You can also find One in It's a Small World in the australia scene with the kola bears shadow on the left hand side of the boat .In the mural Located at Malestrom in Norway their is a man with a Mickey Mouse Watch on. The Largest Hidden Micey is at the Disney-MGM studios in front of the Great Movie Ride and their are several inside the Tower of Terror -from the preshow to the loading elevator.

You didnt mention the Viking with Mickey ears on in Norway. Same mural but located lower left on the viking ship.

goofyman

At Rockin-rollercoaster pre-show check out the hidden Mickey made with the studio cablw wires on the floor. While there a CM pointed it out to my son.

here are my lil thingies that i love-
at the partners statue,walts ring on his right hand is in the shape of a mickey head
on space mountain at the warning sign it says something like Space Mountain...Its out of this would! lol i found that on thursday and i couldnt stop laughing while everyone was staring at me. :D

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Originally posted by imagineergurl
on space mountain at the warning sign it says something like Space Mountain...Its out of this would! lol i found that on thursday and i couldnt stop laughing while everyone was staring at me. :D

Yup, there are a couple threads (and pictures) about it. Guess they didn't get around to fixing it yet (they told someone they would)

kdblue165

ToT "hidden" item

I just have to share this one for anyone who doesn't know...

In the queue at ToT, right before you enter the preshow room, there is a "hotel directory" board on the wall, with letters missing...

Get right up to the glass & look down - the fallen letters just happen to spell out a message! (I won't say what it is for the benefit of those that have not seen it and are going soon!):animwink:

If you're really into hidden Mickeys, go to Guest Relations when you enter the parks. If you ask, they have an entire list of them that they will provide for free!!!:animwink:

Have a great trip!! I leave in 3 days for 7@ASMu!!! Can't wait!!!

meeko_33785

Take a drink from the Cinderella Fountain near the Castle and look up at the statue on it. It will look like she is being crowned by the picture of the crown on the mural behind her.

Keep an eye out for signs around MGM Studios that explain signifigance of different places around the park, like the ones by Dinosaur Gerties or the Splash fountain.

Don't forget to read signs over second stories windows like the ones on Main Street or Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom