Best secret

kennyj29

haunted mansion

We always knew about the table and the phantom in the graveyard but when my son was video taping and we were watching it on tape, we found another hidden mickey right by the bride on the other side of her there are three silver tubs hanging in the shape of mickey. We didn't even notice it until we were watching the movie!!!!

Mission: SPACE

Just to let you know, they have actually taken down the hidden Mickey at Rock n Roller Coaster... anyone know why?!?

Also, on Test Track, after you do the ABS 'test' you go into the heat room. Right after the heat room you come up to a left turn to enter the cold room. Look straight ahead and a little to the right. There is a room with a desk(I think there was a desk?), a lab jacket and a chalkboard. On the chalkboard to the right, there is a hidden Mickey written in chalk.

Also on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, the yellow striping close to deck 5 contains several hidden Mickeys at the bow of the ship!

EthylCooper

Originally posted by Grumpy56
I've been collecting these in anticipation of my trip. One I haven't actually seen but that sounds cool is supposed to be in the pre-show area of Muppets 3-D at MGM.

A net full of green jello for Annnette Funicello

Anyone confirm this? I will check it out next Friday!
:sohappy:

Yep, it's there! The "jello" is orange and green, so you can't miss it! There is so much fun stuff to look at and read in the preshow area that you just can't do it all and still see the preshow in just one time. Look for the Swinetrek model hanging from the ceiling, and read the clapboards & crates. I'm sure you won't be as crazy as me, but I stayed in there through 3 preshows on my second visit to MGM just to read everything!

BTW, I assume from your sig that you'll be staying in the SoG section of the the Contemporary, right? We just got back from there in December, and I just wanted to warn you that they're occupying the far half of the wing, and it's a pretty long walk back to the room from the concourse, bus stop, and Food & Fun Center. You may want to call ahead and request a room on the nearest end. If they can't give you that (and even if they can), look for the back entrance to the Food & Fun Center--it will shave a few minutes off your walk, which means a lot when you're carrying your mugs back and forth after a long day at the parks.

Don't get me wrong...the Contemporary is my favorite resort and although I didn't like the garden wing as much as the tower, I still really loved it. And here's a not-very-hidden mickey onsite: When you're on the monorail, look for a metal Mickey sitting on top of the building on the opposite side of the tower from the SoG wing. You can see him better from the Express monorail, but you can still see him from the resort one. Oh, and I almost forgot--the SoG side is very close to the walkway to the Magic Kingdom & that will get you there faster than the monorail in the morning.

I hope this isn't all old news to you...I didn't realize I was going to say all this until I typed it, and it's too late to do a thread search about it without losing everything I've typed. (My browser doesn't support multiple windows.)

I hope you have a great time! :sohappy: :wave:

mickeyfanatics

Our favorite little secret is on It's a Small World, in the "Good-bye" room where they have good-bye in many languages, look to your left. One sign actually says:

Sa waht de krap ----- (So what the crap?)

It is disguised to look like a foreign saying, but the real meaning is very clear.

Grumpy56

Originally posted by EthylCooper
Yep, it's there! The "jello" is orange and green, so you can't miss it! There is so much fun stuff to look at and read in the preshow area that you just can't do it all and still see the preshow in just one time. Look for the Swinetrek model hanging from the ceiling, and read the clapboards & crates. I'm sure you won't be as crazy as me, but I stayed in there through 3 preshows on my second visit to MGM just to read everything!

BTW, I assume from your sig that you'll be staying in the SoG section of the the Contemporary, right? We just got back from there in December, and I just wanted to warn you that they're occupying the far half of the wing, and it's a pretty long walk back to the room from the concourse, bus stop, and Food & Fun Center. You may want to call ahead and request a room on the nearest end. If they can't give you that (and even if they can), look for the back entrance to the Food & Fun Center--it will shave a few minutes off your walk, which means a lot when you're carrying your mugs back and forth after a long day at the parks.

Don't get me wrong...the Contemporary is my favorite resort and although I didn't like the garden wing as much as the tower, I still really loved it. And here's a not-very-hidden mickey onsite: When you're on the monorail, look for a metal Mickey sitting on top of the building on the opposite side of the tower from the SoG wing. You can see him better from the Express monorail, but you can still see him from the resort one. Oh, and I almost forgot--the SoG side is very close to the walkway to the Magic Kingdom & that will get you there faster than the monorail in the morning.

I hope this isn't all old news to you...I didn't realize I was going to say all this until I typed it, and it's too late to do a thread search about it without losing everything I've typed. (My browser doesn't support multiple windows.)

I hope you have a great time! :sohappy: :wave:

Thanks for your post. I look forward to exploring the pre-show area at Muppets, we missed that last time.

As to the hotel, I thought SOG had the whole North Garden Wing, but I did realize some of the rooms are a hike to the monorail etc. I'm sure the Tower rooms are great but at the price I'm paying I think we'll be very satisfied with what we get. Luckily my kids are old enough that walking is not an issue anymore and we are looking forward to that walk to MK in the morning, we'll do that at least twice. Thanks for the tip about the food and fun center, I didn't know that.

It was nice of you to take the time to post, we'll look for the monorail Mickey!:wave:

agdbeanie

Another hidden mickey on Test Track you can only see in the post-ride pictures. I believe it's on the right side of the picture, there are three ropes wrapped into circles that make a hidden mickey. I didn't even notice this until about the 15th time I rode the ride.

Mitzer

Originally posted by BigNorm
The talking trees are a trip, but also beware of the talking (and rolling) fire hydrant at the Magic Kingdom.

Big Norm...where are the fire hydrants. I know about the talking trees and trash cans, but never knew about the fire hydrants...are they located in a specific area of MK?

figmentmom

If you're in the Magic Kingdom after the official closing time, sit down on a bench in front of the castle and watch for Mickey's "goodnight kiss" - you'll hear Mickey wishing you a good night over the PA, and then the lights on the castle will change and sparkle. I'm not describing it very well, but it's worth staying for! Ask any Cast Member what time(s) it can be seen.:)

Frontierland CM

There is another hidden Mickey in the Haunted Mansion. In the graveyard scene, almost at the end, turn around and look at the grim reaper, inside his right hand the shadows make a Mickey head. There is a really cool one in the qeue for ToT. In the boiler room are on the brick wall on the left, where the line splits in two directions, there is a water spot in the shape of those three famous circles!

On Mupets 3D just after walking through the turnstiles turn to the right and look there is a sign on a door saying "gone be back in 5 minutes key under the mat" if you lift the mat there is a key inbeded in the carpet. Other than that the hidden Mickey in the grim reaper's hand in The Haunted Mansion graveyard scene and the hidden mickey as the cluster of lights conglamerates just before the doors open on the Tower of Terror before the drop.

EchoOfOphelia

Originally posted by josh_e_washie

If you look VERY closely at the top of spaceship earth (the planetarium) you may see the hatch that is used for characters and repairmen to get on the top of the sphere

I didn't know that! I remember a commercial where Mickey Mouse waving to "us" from the top of Spaceship Earth and I always wondered, how did thy get him up there? With a crane? I guess I should've gone with the simpliest explanation, shouldn't I? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom