Best Rooms at Port Orleans FQ

spear

Any suggestions where the best room locations at POFQ? Staying there this year for the first time and would be nice to have an idea where to request.

Sweet Melissa

The resort is so compact that it matters very little. A brisk walk would take one from one end of the grounds to the other in five minutes. I will say that our room during our last stay was in a great location. It was on the top floor of building two, right near the elevator and overlooking a courtyard. It's the building closest to the Downtown Disney boat launch and adjacent to the pool. We could also see Illuminations' aerial fireworks from our window.

Upvote 0

lovepooh

We were there in Dec. we stayed in bldg 4 .... loved it! Was about a 2min walk to the buses and food court. a little further to the pool and boat dock. But I really like that location. Over looked the courtyard.
we are going back in april but this time we wanted views of the river so we requested bldg 2. We will see what location is better. Hope this helps and enjoy your trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Mystic

We like standard view in building 5. There is a really nice large courtyard that it looks out on and there is a family of bunnies that live in this courtyard that we see every morning and evening. We've requested building 5 for our trip in June 2011.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

Bldg 5

We really enjoyed bldg 5. Central to everything. Our room did not face the pool and I read that the rooms facing the pool can be noisy.

Upvote 0

Mystic

We really enjoyed bldg 5. Central to everything. Our room did not face the pool and I read that the rooms facing the pool can be noisy.

I would agree with this. We were down the end of building 5 that would be facing the pool had we had 'water view' and the pool was quite noisy throughout the day. You couldn't even hear the pool from our room that faced the courtyard and we were a short walk to the river.

Upvote 0

tmp

Water view but facing the river not the pool. It really does not matter what building because of the smaller size of the resort.

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

We like standard view in building 5. There is a really nice large courtyard that it looks out on and there is a family of bunnies that live in this courtyard that we see every morning and evening. We've requested building 5 for our trip in June 2011.
We stayed in building 5 also. Saw a rather large water snake there, but no bunnies:shrug:

Upvote 0

Chu-Chi Face

Not what we found on our last trip. We stayed in building 2 upper floor overlooking the pool. We were amazed how quiet it was round the resort in general! Far cry from the madness of PC!

Upvote 0

mickhyperion

One suggestion would be to try getting a corner room. Many (if not all) of the corner rooms have windows on two sides instead of just one. I stayed in Building 6 with a water view several years ago and the double windows made for a nearly panoramic view.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I'm a big planner, so of course before my stay at POFQ I was concerned about requesting "the best" location. I didn't pay for a water view room, so I knew not to request a water view room (which would be requesting a free upgrade).

I knew I wanted to be as close to the food court/bus stop as possible, so rather than requesting a specific building, I requested simply "close to food court and bus."

We checked in at around 11 p.m., two weary parents and two very sleepy kids ages 6 and 4. I was very disappointed when the front desk CM circled our room location on a resort map ... we were at the far end of Building 2, which looked pretty far away on the map. I resigned myself to a long walk with our kids and carry-ons (we arranged for our Disney's Magical Express luggage to be delivered the following morning).

I was very very pleasantly surprised that our walk from the front desk to the 3rd floor of the far wing of Building 2 took all of 2 minutes. Yes, our "far" room was 2 minutes to the lobby.

Later during our stay, I timed the walk from the farthest away room (at the very corner of Building 1 along the river) to the food court doors at 3 minutes 20 seconds.

All of this led me to the conclusion that room selection at POFQ really doesn't matter. The resort is so pleasantly compact that there's no such thing as an inconvenient room.

Are some rooms farther away than others? Of course. But the small size of the resort makes those distinctions pretty meaningless. At some WDW resorts, room location makes or breaks the stay ... but definitely not at POFQ.

If you put Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates and the Queen of England in a room, Oprah would be the "poor" person in that room, even though, of course, she's definitely not poor. Same thing with POFQ rooms, in my opinion.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

My husband saw an itty bitty snake one morning on the "street" from the food court to bldg 5. Lucky it wasn't me or the entire resort would have heard me scream:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom