Best room location at Pop Century?

Wildcat99

We are planning a trip to DW some time in the near future. We are going to stay at Pop Century. Can someone tell us which building is the best location... close to food court and buses?

fosse76

The 60's building is pretty close!

Personally, I don't think it matters. No matter where you are you aren't THAT far from the main building and food court. But I am also not lazy so an extra 200 feet to get to my room isn't an issue. :) I don't remember exactly which building I was in, but I think it was the farthest out and it still didn't seem like the other buildings were much closer.

Upvote 0

Possum Slayer

I agree that it doesn't really matter. We went last Fall, and didn't get the preferred room. I just asked the CM for the closest room to the main building she could give us, and she was accomodating, putting us near the elevator on the courtyard side of the building with the Mickey phone. I also asked for the top floor, to cut down on noise.

Upvote 0

rimousefan84

like the previous poster said, it doesnt really matter. However, the buildings that are to the left of the lobby(if you are just entering POP) are technically closer because the bus stops are to the left of the Lobby but not by much lol.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Welcome to WDWMagic, Possum Slayer :wave:.

To the OP - I prefer the 70s blgs - the one with the giant big wheel is closest to the bus stops (go out the back toward the parking lot and follow the sidewalk to the crosswalk). I've also stayed in the 70s bldg with the big Mickey phone, which is just across the courtyard from the big wheel. I request this section because I am sensitive to pool noise and all of the other bldg groupings have pools.

Twice I've stayed on the back side of the bldg with the Mickey phone. This section faces the lake and it's very quiet and kind of pretty (if you don't focus too much on the partially completed, empty bldgs on the opposite shore).

Pop incorporates lessons learned from the All-Stars so the lay out is more compact and the food court is better (IMHO).

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I agree with the previous posts about it not mattering. Pop has a great layout which makes every building close to the main building.

That said I would prefer the 70's building b/c they are the only buildings without a pool in the courtyard which tends to make the area around them quieter.

Upvote 0

JxnMan20

Ditto...Ditto. All the buildings are within relative closeness to the main hall and bus stops. However, I did stay in the 60's last week and it was a great location. I know many people have complained that being next to the main pools can be loud, but I never experienced this. I was on the 3rd floor facing the pool and never heard anything from outside.

This is a fun resort...have a great trip!

Upvote 0

kasey1988

We are staying there next year, we are not getting a preferred room , just a standard. What building do you reccomend? Is their any buildings with standard rooms with a view of the lake, or other nice views?

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

We always ask to stay in the 80s or 90s section. It's not all that far from the bus stops & food court if you cut thru the parking lot instead of walking between all the other buildings. Last October we had a room on the back side of one of the 80s buildings & you could see the Walt Disney World sign that welcomes you to the property. It wasn't even a 5 minute walk to the bus stops after cutting past the computer pool.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

We are staying there next year, we are not getting a preferred room , just a standard. What building do you reccomend? Is their any buildings with standard rooms with a view of the lake, or other nice views?

I know 50's and 70's have standard views that overlook the lake. I believe the 60's also have a few standard rooms that overlook the lake.

Upvote 0

frankd1962

I have stayed at Pop only once and I was in Building #2 in the 50's area. I was on the lake side of the building nearest the elevator. I woke up to see the lake :) and the unfiinished buildings over at the Legendary side. :( But if I stepped out on the balcony and looked right I got to see the top of SSE. Really beautiful sight at any time of the day.

I didn't mind walking the distance to the Classic Hall because at the right time of the day you had music fitting the area playing and seeing the ground floor windows with their goodies on display made it a nice walk. And also you never know what you'll see. I saw one of the Disney duck deciding to take a swim in the 50's pool while the CMs were getting ready to clean it and the area.
(Can't they read the signs the CMs put up?!?!?!?:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
039_39.jpg

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

I have stayed at Pop only once and I was in Building #2 in the 50's area. I was on the lake side of the building nearest the elevator. I woke up to see the lake :) and the unfiinished buildings over at the Legendary side. :( But if I stepped out on the balcony and looked right I got to see the top of SSE. Really beautiful sight at any time of the day.

I didn't mind walking the distance to the Classic Hall because at the right time of the day you had music fitting the area playing and seeing the ground floor windows with their goodies on display made it a nice walk. And also you never know what you'll see. I saw one of the Disney duck deciding to take a swim in the 50's pool while the CMs were getting ready to clean it and the area.
(Can't they read the signs the CMs put up?!?!?!?:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
039_39.jpg
Great picture..thanks for sharing it. My son had a Momma Duck & 5 babies move into his swimming pool & he didn't have the heart to chase them so they waited 4 days till Mom decided it was time to leave babies in tow....of course Alligators in our pools are a different thing...love living in Florida....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom