Best Room For a TransAtlantic Cruise??

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Seeing as the TA cruise might be an option next year what room do you guys recommend??

For such a cruise is it worth going for the Verandah??

Disneyfalcon

Seeing as the TA cruise might be an option next year what room do you guys recommend??

For such a cruise is it worth going for the Verandah??

Hard call. I would say yes, any cruise of that length is worth a verandah. But then again I am not following my own advice since I can't afford a verandah on the Med. :lol:

sweetpee_1993

I've been wondering the same thing. Tracey thinks verandahs aren't optional but my thinking is if it makes or breaks the trip I can live without. Plus, would the weather even be conducive to utilizing the verandah??? It was a no-brainer for the Bahamas 3-day but what about crossing the pond??? I suppose this would be a good question to ask my salty ol' daddy-o. The only draw-back is when I get him talking about the seas and sailing and stuff it's hard to get him to stop sometimes. :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would suggest the Concierge Royal Suite with Verandah. Sure it might cost more than most people make in a year, but I feel quite confident that you will not be disappointed with your accommodations.:lol:

Disneyfalcon

I would suggest the Concierge Royal Suite with Verandah. Sure it might cost more than most people make in a year, but I feel quite confident that you will not be disappointed with your accommodations.:lol:

Tru dat!! Master Yoda would be happy to help you book that too!! :ROFLOL:

sweetpee_1993

Lemme go dig the change out of the sofa cushions and we'll get that booked! :p

Actually, it's surprising how reasonable the Transatlantic prices are. The problem is taking that kind of time off work and flights. Geez, now that I think about it these are more issues for Tracey. What am *I* waiting for?!?! LOL!!!

Disneyfalcon

Actually, it's surprising how reasonable the Transatlantic prices are. The problem is taking that kind of time off work and flights. Geez, now that I think about it these are more issues for Tracey. What am *I* waiting for?!?! LOL!!!

You go girl!! :lol:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster

You thinking of booking it???

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Hard call. I would say yes, any cruise of that length is worth a verandah. But then again I am not following my own advice since I can't afford a verandah on the Med. :lol:

Not surprised!!! The prices are cruel :fork:

I have to think with so few ports a verandah is of little benefit... :shrug:

sweetpee_1993

Just talked to my pop. I questioned him about weather and seas crossing the Atlantic in May. He said it's a good time because you're not as likely to hit bigger storms. Temps nice. Seas good. He said for him he would think it was worth it because he's an early-riser and his favorite thing that he misses most about being on the sea is watching the sun rise from a quiet rail with a cup of coffee. That alone would be worth it to him to have the convenience. So I think whether or not it's worth it for a balcony is much like any cruise in that it depends on what your vacation style is. If early mornings or sunsets on the rail are something you'd totally dig it might be worthwhile. There's certainly comfortable places on the public decks for this but it's not right at your door and, especially for sunsets, you aren't likely to be virtually alone. I say "virtually" because if your neighbors are on their verandahs then you aren't very alone. I was always very aware of this in the early mornings when Tracey would run out and want to call back in to me. I shooshed him quickly the first few times he did it so now he's trained. Like a kid, I tell ya! :lol:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Just talked to my pop. I questioned him about weather and seas crossing the Atlantic in May. He said it's a good time because you're not as likely to hit bigger storms. Temps nice. Seas good. He said for him he would think it was worth it because he's an early-riser and his favorite thing that he misses most about being on the sea is watching the sun rise from a quiet rail with a cup of coffee. That alone would be worth it to him to have the convenience. So I think whether or not it's worth it for a balcony is much like any cruise in that it depends on what your vacation style is. If early mornings or sunsets on the rail are something you'd totally dig it might be worthwhile. There's certainly comfortable places on the public decks for this but it's not right at your door and, especially for sunsets, you aren't likely to be virtually alone. I say "virtually" because if your neighbors are on their verandahs then you aren't very alone. I was always very aware of this in the early mornings when Tracey would run out and want to call back in to me. I shooshed him quickly the first few times he did it so now he's trained. Like a kid, I tell ya! :lol:

Making that cruise sound Amazing!!!

Phonedave

On the cruises I have been on, on sea days deck chairs can become scarce, especialy if it is a nice day.

With what amounts to a bunch of sea days in a row, I can see the benefit of having a outdoor deck space that is yours and yours alone.

However, the chairs are really not deck chairs, and it is a bit cramped.

-dave

sweetpee_1993

On the cruises I have been on, on sea days deck chairs can become scarce, especialy if it is a nice day.

With what amounts to a bunch of sea days in a row, I can see the benefit of having a outdoor deck space that is yours and yours alone.

However, the chairs are really not deck chairs, and it is a bit cramped.

-dave

Hence a fantastic excuse to splurge even further on oversized balconies if there are any on the smaller classic ships (I've not studied their deck plans to know if they have these the way the new ships do).

Interesting input, Dave! :wave: Having only done a 3-day at-sea days didn't happen for us. I wouldn't have otherwise known that at-sea days see the deck chairs filled up more. Veeery good info, indeed! Thank you!

sweetpee_1993

Well, if it makes it easier, DH today said to switch our 2013 dummy booking to the May 2013 TA. Not a killer on the cruise fare for 14 days. 4 of us in a balcony for right at $5k after our 10% discount. Not bad. Then I checked the air fare 1-way from Barcelona back to Houston. ((We could get my in-laws to drop us at the Galveston port.)) Um, yeah. 1-way flight for comparable day this year just for an idea of the price....$1300 each. That would make the flight more than the 14-day cruise. So I veto'd.....

Disneyfalcon

Well, if it makes it easier, DH today said to switch our 2013 dummy booking to the May 2013 TA. Not a killer on the cruise fare for 14 days. 4 of us in a balcony for right at $5k after our 10% discount. Not bad. Then I checked the air fare 1-way from Barcelona back to Houston. ((We could get my in-laws to drop us at the Galveston port.)) Um, yeah. 1-way flight for comparable day this year just for an idea of the price....$1300 each. That would make the flight more than the 14-day cruise. So I veto'd.....

In May of '10, our round trip to Barcelona was $800. I'm hoping for that again. You can bet I'll be checking every day when they are released!

sweetpee_1993

In May of '10, our round trip to Barcelona was $800. I'm hoping for that again. You can bet I'll be checking every day when they are released!

How far out did you book that and what airline? I'm curious. I should probably dig more and see if I turn anything up.

Be expecting an email from me. It smells like travel shifting time around these parts.... :hammer:

Disneyfalcon

How far out did you book that and what airline? I'm curious. I should probably dig more and see if I turn anything up.

Be expecting an email from me. It smells like travel shifting time around these parts.... :hammer:

:lol: I'll be watching!

It was a last minute cruise, so we booked in February. I think they can really fluctuate, so I'll start watching when they're released about 11-12 months out, and sign up for every fare watcher alert I can!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom