Best room ever allocated at WDW?

tobix

What is the best room you have ever been allocated at WDW?

I remember being given a corner room at the CBR in Jamaica with a view of the island between it and Port Royale which, for the money, was one of the best rooms I have ever had. We were steps from the 'village' pool which meant we could swim each morning with the pool to ourselves before walking across the island for breakfast. Bliss. I have stayed at most of the Deluxe resorts over the years, but that room was our best ever! Never been able to get it again, despite knowing the number by heart!

SewIn2Disney

Two Decembers ago we made reservations for the French Quarters (When it was the FQ). We made the reservations almost a year in advance as we were going to be there from Christmas through New Years. A few months later I learned that French Quarters would be down for renovations (from this site!). My mother called to confirm that news, and after the CM who anwsered the phone asked a few people, the news was confirmed (most didn't even know it yet). My mom complained, and they upgraded us to the Poly, pool view, for the same price as FQ. That and the AK lodge were the only two resorts that still had rooms left for our length of stay. The Poly for $89 a night was not bad at all! We had a blast!

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

The best room we ever had was at the Beach Club. Our original room wasn't ready and when we went to check the luggage in at the conceirge desk, the conceirge found a room for us. Waterview, it was the building right near the volleyball court and it had a full balcony and two windows one that looked out over the lagoon and you could see Tower of Terror in the distance and the other was over the couch, plus the door to the balcony, queen size bed and a big bathroom. The room actually had a hallway with a closet when you walked in. It was right near the staircase so it was easy access in and out. It was truly the best time we every had at Disney. (Memories....)

Upvote 0

Disneydreaming

I had made reservations for the Boardwalk Villas, for a studio. Unfortunately, the CM who took our reservations did not ask whether I wanted a nonsmoking room. When we checked in, can you guess?, we got a smokers room. Yuck! My oldest daughter would not even go in the room, and stood complaining in the hallway. As I have asthma, I immediately complained to the bell hop, who immediately called the front desk. They sent housekeeping to spray the room with a deodorizer which last a total of 5 minutes. Anyway, I complained, and when told they didn't have any other rooms available, I asked for a room at another hotel. Within 2 minutes I received a call that they "found" a room for us within the villas, upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa, keeping us at the same rate (I think the fact that I was a travel agent at the time was helpful). It was a corner room with corner windows facing MGM. It had an awesome view of the Tower of Terror. At night, the sofa sleeper could be pulled out and you could watch the fireworks from your bed!! My kids loved it. Alas, I wish I could remember the room number, but unfortunately, we moved and all my disney info from previous visits is packed away in a box somewhere. It was great though.

Also, when needing to do WDW "cheap", we stay at the All Stars Sports, room 6156. We have had this room twice already, and requested it again for our next trip. It is in the surf building, ground floor and about 30 seconds to the food court and right next to the poool. Awesome location!

Upvote 0

Jekyll Baker

I think the best room I've been in so far is at Wilderness Lodge #2125 - on the Lobby level overlooking the courtyard with the waterfall on the left and can see part of Electric Water Parade from the porch. Also almost next to a side door that opens to the courtyard with a quick path to the quick service restaurant. Inside it had a King bed and a zero-entry shower - I'm not handicapped, but I like being able to walk right in without stumbling when I'm still half asleep :).

Second favorite would probably be French Quarter #7345. Nice and quiet, overlooking the Sassagoula "River". Might seem a little far from the main building at POFQ, but it's also pretty much the same distance from the main building at PORiverside, so I could choose to eat at either place quite readily.

Upvote 0

LSonDubz

I just got back from a trip this weekend and stayed at the Beach Club, room 1565. One of the nicest rooms I've had at a Disney resort.

The room was a first floor corner unit , 2 windows looking out to the boardwalk and the lagoon, a nice patio with table and chairs, the room was at the end of the hallway also, so there was a room only on one side of us so not too much traffic outside the room. Veyr nice

Upvote 0

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
No one likes the Grand Floridian? I have noticed that everyone seems to like corner rooms, and we are no exception. GF building 9 corner room, one balcony looking towards the Poly and the other balcony looks at the castle - we stay there every time, six trips (I think) and counting!

Upvote 0

ThumpersThought

AMH97 said:
No one likes the Grand Floridian? I have noticed that everyone seems to like corner rooms, and we are no exception. GF building 9 corner room, one balcony looking towards the Poly and the other balcony looks at the castle - we stay there every time, six trips (I think) and counting!

Hah! We slept in the same bed. :lookaroun :lol:

Yes, I had that room once for a two week stay (though for the life of me, I can't remember the number). I still remember sitting on the larger balcony eating crackers and cheese, sipping on wine and watching the fireworks. I stayed in the honeymoon suite at the GF the night of my wedding -- really nice room, but that corner room is still my favorite.

Upvote 0

Dizz42

Got bumped this past October from standard view BWI room to a concierge Garden Suite. Never asked or expected it but I think there was a mix up as the comment was made, "...oh, you're here for one night?" Reservation was for 2 nights. Room number was Cottage 1212 and it was wonderful!!!

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I have never "been bumped" while there at the check in counter, but I know I have been "bumped" when I got to the room!

I have had this happen several times. About two years ago I was at the AKL and I was in a suite without knowing it. It was my first time there and my first time in a Disney resort so I just thought they had a really nice place! I asked the bell hop if all the rooms were that nice and he looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "you've got one of the nicest rooms in the place."

I called to ask because I was on a very tight budget and they said they had it and moved me to it. Very cool!

The other time was this past summer during the ESPN weekend. I was staying at the Boardwalk and somehow got a room on the corner of the building overlooking the boardwalk. No, I couldn't see the fireworks from EPCOT, but I had a great balcony overlooking all of the boardwalk where we sat out, had a drink and enjoyed a nice cigar. It's neat to see all the people on their balconys at night just sitting out enjoying the Florida heat!

Again, I called to make sure I was paying a standard rate, and they said yes, but we thought you may enjoy the corner room. Of course I did!

Just my experiences. I have been there at POR and All Stars and Contemp and got the room I booked. For me, it's just luck! If it doesn't happen, I don't care, I just enjoy my trip!

Upvote 0

longfamily

Our best room was from the last trip. We stayed at the poly in concierge. The room was bigger than any other room we have ever stayed at on disney property. I'm told that the polynesians rooms are actually bigger than all rooms on the property as far as the standard, non suite room. The room was located 15 ft. from the lounge which was very nice for us. The worst room was at the yacht club concierge but only because the room was located FAR from the lounge and elevators. It felt like we had to walk a mile to get back at the end of the day.

Upvote 0

m star

Don't know if this is all that special, but one time we got a room at the poly that looked directly across at the monorail track, so we got to see them go by up close all day long.

Upvote 0

Scooter

Best room: Polynesian..Hawaii Building..1st floor.
10 steps from Bay Lake
3 steps from the Conceirge
Lounge was right outside our door and up the stairs.
Main Pool was 20 steps away.

Best Room With A View: 12 floor Tower Club @ The Contemporary.
Bay Lake View.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Even though I think AKL is the ultimate, my most favorite room is at ASMovies.

It is one of the most unlikely favorite rooms, but to this day, I think of it as the best room I have ever stayed in on Disney property. The room number escapes me, but the room was in building 1 of the 101 Dalmations section of the resort... third floor, second to corner room. The view wasn't much from inside the room, but when you stepped out, everything just hit you. You could easily see the Fantasia Pool and hear the laughter of those enjoying it. You are surrounded by lush green grass, beautiful palm trees, and lovely pink flowering trees. The pathways wind along your room, and the best part is that you are a hop, skip and jump from the busses and food court! I love that room and wished more than anything I could have booked a room at ASMovies for our trip in January... we unfortunately had to book at ASMusic.

Upvote 0

ImaginEAR

Favorite Room- BoardWalk Inn, room 2335, It overlooked the courtyard and the giant stairs sorta. We walked past the beautiful garden suites every day. Makes me want one sooo bad.

Upvote 0

mollygirl13

Best room ever!

The best room I ever had was this past February. My husband surprised me with a trip to the World for my 30th Birthday. We stayed at the GF and had a superb room-we had a beautiful view of Cinderella Castle, the monorail, the Contemporary and the Polynesian! Every morning I woke up to the glorious sound of the Haunted Mansion (wolf howl) and also we could hear the horn of the Disney boats! Magnificent. Best sounds in the world in my opinion. At night, we watched Wishes from our balcony. The room location was fabulous, too. We were steps away from the snack shop and not too far from the busses. And the Monorail was close, too. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

crazygirley

mollygirl13 said:
The best room I ever had was this past February. My husband surprised me with a trip to the World for my 30th Birthday. We stayed at the GF and had a superb room-we had a beautiful view of Cinderella Castle, the monorail, the Contemporary and the Polynesian! Every morning I woke up to the glorious sound of the Haunted Mansion (wolf howl) and also we could hear the horn of the Disney boats! Magnificent. Best sounds in the world in my opinion. At night, we watched Wishes from our balcony. The room location was fabulous, too. We were steps away from the snack shop and not too far from the busses. And the Monorail was close, too. :sohappy:
How magical! I can almost hear and see what you did! I would love to have a room like that!

Upvote 0

tikiman

It had been a couple of years since I had been to the Polynesian and I was checking in with my GF and was going to ask her to marry me the next day with a brick I had placed over in the TTC. This was her first time in WDW. I had gotten a lagoon view room but at check in they told us we were upgraded to lagoon view concierge. I later found out from someone I know there (this was before I knew any of the workers) that Expedia overbooked lagoon view rooms and since I paid full price for the lagoon view room they were moving us into concierge and giving those who paid the discount the standard lagoon view. Our room was 1505 in Hawaii longhouse and we have had that room every year since 2000. Here was our view.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/files/1505view2.jpg

Upvote 0

Nintendo18

One of the best rooms my family stayed in was at the Yacht Club. It was a corner room that had a gazeboo view from one side and out the front was a great view of the boardwalk. It was awesome to sit on the balcony at night and watch surrey bikes go by and see everyone having a great time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom