Best Ride

JackSkellington

Original Poster
What do you think is the best ride to get to first? I think Splash Mountain is great because most people go to Indy, or SpMtn. Give DLand lovers some feedback.

RU42

Right now, I would say Matterhorn; because IJA, BTMRR, and Space Mtn are all down.

Normally - again depends on the group:

Families - hit Fantasyland quickly (Toad, Peter, Dumbo)

Excitement - Probably still hit MH first. Then get a FP for Splash and hit BTMRR. Depending on time, grab a FP for Space then head to Splash. Pick up an IJA FP. Then fill in with other rides as necessary.

My way is just one of many ways it can be approached. Of course time of year plays a big part in this too.

RU

JackSkellington

Original Poster
I must agree ru42, there are families to be taken into account. But tell me, I went to D-Land last year, and there was serious renovation on the MHM (MatterHornMountain) is there any difference from the original?

"as the lily pad provides rest for the frog, so will this website provide rest for all Disney fans"-Random Man

xfkirsten

Originally posted by RU42
Correction Kirsen - you make a bee line towards IJA hoping to catch Alddin in front of the oasis. ;)

RU

Shhh! You're gonna give away my big secret!!! :lookaroun :lol:

Mmmm... Aladdin... ;)

-Kirsten

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Well I cant blame those who love Al. I mean come on there are reasons you gotta pay to get in. Flirting is definitely not one of those pricey reasons.

"I will give you three wishes, uno, dos, tres. No substutions, extensions, or refunds."-Genie

xfkirsten

Originally posted by JackSkellington
Well I cant blame those who love Al. I mean come on there are reasons you gotta pay to get in. Flirting is definitely not one of those pricey reasons.

"I will give you three wishes, uno, dos, tres. No substutions, extensions, or refunds."-Genie

But flirting with him is relatively cheap if you have an annual pass. ;) :lookaroun

-Kirsten

stranger

Originally posted by xfkirsten
But flirting with him is relatively cheap if you have an annual pass. ;) :lookaroun

-Kirsten

I'm sure the flirting is not just for Aladdin...*coughs* Tarzan*coughs* :slurp: :lol:

The best attraction to ride first if you have kids is Peter Pan because it is so popular with the kiddies the lines can get very long. As for me, I try to hit Indy or Splash first.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Well, every time I go to DLR, I always dash to the Indy Jones Adventure first, because of course it's my favorite in DL. But on my next trip (11 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes!) I will most likely head to BTMR first (opening tomorrow...hopefully), then straight to Splash Mountain.

JackSkellington

Original Poster
What is BTMR? And to all the Indy fan riders. Ohana. And take a look in the secrets forum for my cool IJA secret to amaze friends, foes, and strangers alike.

xfkirsten

Originally posted by stranger
I'm sure the flirting is not just for Aladdin...*coughs* Tarzan*coughs* :slurp: :lol:

:lol: It's for Aladdin first and foremost!!! ;) Unfortunately I haven;t sesen Tarzan at his Treehouse in a loong time. :cry: I've only seen him in Parade of the Stars.

-Kirsten

xfkirsten

Originally posted by JackSkellington
What is BTMR? And to all the Indy fan riders. Ohana. And take a look in the secrets forum for my cool IJA secret to amaze friends, foes, and strangers alike.

BTMR is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. :)

Yup, saw the secret... known that one for a long time... I am the Indy queen. :D :lol:

-Kirsten

RU42

Good secret, but there is so many more secrets for IJA.

The bar in the spike room.
The rope at the well.
The truck outside the exit.
Club Obi Wan create
The numbering on the creates (990 xxxx) - sorry can't remember the exact number.
One of the ride skelitons used to wear mickey ears.
The cars are capable of 160,000 different ride elements.

I am sure I am missing a few things.

RU

xfkirsten

Correction: Still wears Mickey Ears (unless they're pulling them in the refurbs)... I saw them last time I was on the ride... they're just sideways so they're harder to see ;)

And a few additions, off the top of my head:
-1,995 skulls in the ride (for the year the attraction opened)
-The Mickey mouse Magazine in the office
-The Eeyore parking lot sign in the film room
-Harrison Ford was going to do the recordings until the deal fell through due to a mistake at Disney involving Super Bowl commercials

-Kirsten

RU42

Originally posted by xfkirsten
Correction: Still wears Mickey Ears (unless they're pulling them in the refurbs)... I saw them last time I was on the ride... they're just sideways so they're harder to see ;)

-Kirsten

You are absolutely right - my bad - it's too late. And this thread is torture - I want to ride IJA, I miss it. And what is worse I can't get any DLR fix until Monday at the earliest. I haven't been since the ToT lighting on the 13th. WAY WAY WAY too long. Darn life.
RU

xfkirsten

Originally posted by RU42
You are absolutely right - my bad - it's too late. And this thread is torture - I want to ride IJA, I miss it. And what is worse I can't get any DLR fix until Monday at the earliest. I haven't been since the ToT lighting on the 13th. WAY WAY WAY too long. Darn life.
RU

I was there last Monday... but it still feels like it's been ages! I can't wait til IJA reopens.. less than a month to go!

I need my HotNewAladdin fix... :lookaroun

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom