Best Restaurant For Kids.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning,What a lovely weekend that was, weather wise, and it's still sunny [that's a record for Scotland]Anyway I was sitting outside reading up on Disney restaurants that appeal mainly for kids,apart from character ones,the only ones I could think of were T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe.When I say kids i mean like 3 yr old to 16 yr old.Have you any others that you think the young ones would enjoy.Now this thread is not about haute cuisine,as long as it's edible and the atmosphere will keep our little ones amused.What are your choices?:wave:

Sharkreef11

Good Morning,What a lovely weekend that was, weather wise, and it's still sunny [that's a record for Scotland]Anyway I was sitting outside reading up on Disney restaurants that appeal mainly for kids,apart from character ones,the only ones I could think of were T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe.When I say kids i mean like 3 yr old to 16 yr old.Have you any others that you think the young ones would enjoy.Now this thread is not about haute cuisine,as long as it's edible and the atmosphere will keep our little ones amused.What are your choices?:wave:

On that I think could depend on the child is Teppan Edo. They have great healthy options and a fun little show to watch. We see kids there every time we go. It is very unique to experience teppanyaki style cooking and it keeps everybody entertained at all times.

LuLaSue

My nieces love, love, love the Coral Reef. It is a underwater dining experience to them and it's really cool watching their expressions as scene changes before their eyes.

Pooh'sBuddy

It's a bit pricey, but Germany's Biergarten was a hit with our kids. The oompah band plays (I think) only at dinner. They were so entertaining, and we got more exercise dancing. The buffet offers many options for the adventurous and the picky eaters, not to mention the desserts. The atmosphere was neat, too.

DisneyDebNJ

There are so many options for kids of every age! (Including this 40 something kid!) Some I could think of were the following:

Whispering Canyon Cafe - (great interraction w/CMs and other guests)
O'hana - (dinner [no characters]) coconut races, food, atmosphere
50s Prime Time- (watching Mom and/or Dad getting *yelled at* for bad table manners is funny to a kid!! (Well, was for mine!)
Biergarten- Agree with previous poster, dinners here are alot of fun
Sci Fi Dine-in - how cool to eat in a car!!!

I never took our son to Signature restaurants when he was younger, however well behaved he was, so can't think of any that would be fun for kids.

tigsmom

I have 2 girls (now 23 & 17) that were raised on Disney restaurants and their favorites were (and still are):

The Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge (breakfast is favorite, but dinner is good too)
"Ohana in the Polynesian
Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary
Cosmic Ray's in the MK

Now that they are older they also like Marrakesh in EPCOT, Le Cellier, Boma and the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

durangojim

I'd echo everything that has been said and possibly add the Crystal Palace and maybe the Yak and Yeti -- kind of cool location and atmosphere.

two4dud

It seemed like you were asking for meals apart from character meals....oh that's so tough for me! I'm the biggest kid in our house! LOL. But I will try!

Hollywood Studios- Sci-Fi is a hit for me and my girl (7 yrs) at all times. Sitting inside a car, watching cheesy films and cooling off with a milkshake is great!

Magic Kingdom - Ok going to cheat here, not really a meal spot but the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party is a great way to munch on yummy treats and catch the fireworks show!

Epcot- The Coral Reef is beautiful and fun watching the turtles swim by as you eat.

Animal Kingdom- Rainforest Cafe (you know this one!)

Resorts - Whispering Canyon Cafe and O'Hana's for dinner are guaranteed fun for the whole family! Games and amusement for all.

Ok, going to cheat again and have to mention one character setting that both me and my girl love. Mickey's Backyard BBQ! Just so much fun and as an adult, I have to admit, the all inclusive adult drinks are quite a hit! Why not, when Disney is doing the driving! :)

ThinkTink721

CRT
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare
'Ohana Best Friends breakfast
Whispering Canyon
Chef Mickey's
Donald's Safari breakfast
Princess Storybook
Hollywood & Vine breakfast
Cape May Cafe breakfast
Garden Grill
Hoop Fee Doo Revue
Mickey's Backyard BBQ

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Cheers.

CRT
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare
'Ohana Best Friends breakfast
Whispering Canyon
Chef Mickey's
Donald's Safari breakfast
Princess Storybook
Hollywood & Vine breakfast
Cape May Cafe breakfast
Garden Grill
Hoop Fee Doo Revue
Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Great choice,but correct me if iam wrong,are most of these not character ?:wave::wave:

HouCuseChickie

Aside from the obvious character meals... 'Ohana dinner, WCC, Sanaa, 50s PT, Sci Fi, Biergarten, San Angel Inn, Via Napoli, Coral Reef and Beaches and Cream all seem to have kid appeal. DD5 also said that California Grill was her fave meal at Disney ever- but watching fireworks while you dine can have that kind of an impact on a kid. I know Teppan Edo can also appeal to some kids if they enjoy things like Benihanna (sp?) at home.

EDIT- based on the Cali Grill logic, she probably would have really liked Rose & Crown had things not gone horribly wrong with our Illuminations viewing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom